Don't forget September 17th!

Hey guys, those of you who missed out on the achievement for playing this on September 17th when the game launched late, and forgot the subsequent year, don't forget Sep 17th is coming up soon.

Otherwise you'll be doomed to 950gs for another year.

If you miss it, you may be able to set your time zone back to it's still the 17th. Not entirely sure about that though.

I set the alarm in my phone three months ago.........gonna try putting the time zone forward so I can get it on the 16.........

don't think it will work adjusting the time zone on your xbox. if you should adjust time zone anywhere, it would have to be on xbox live. why do you think you have to be connected to xbox live to get this achievement? ;)

Off topic but has anybody had any issues unlocking the Victory or Death achievement? This is unlocked by killing somebody with the Truly Inspired achievement. 3 of us were in a game last night and all of us have Truly Inspired but when we tried to kill each other the achievement didn't unlock.

Is there anything specific to the achievement not noted in the guide or does it not always unlock straightaway?

Great :D I put in the game and achievement popped up...i checked my GS and saw...50/1000...wtf. Well, I bought the UK uncut version some years ago and because of living in Germany I rented the German version...well...now i have to buy the UK version again to get my last 50 GS next year :D And I will play though the game a 2nd time to get another 1000GS in the German version!

don't think it will work adjusting the time zone on your xbox. if you should adjust time zone anywhere, it would have to be on xbox live. why do you think you have to be connected to xbox live to get this achievement? ;)

I just changed timezone it was 1 hour left here til midnight to reach 17th, but i changed to 1 hour foward timezone and connected xbox live soon as game started up achievement popped!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just a reminder to everyone who has this game but hasn't got this achievement yet. I bought it last October at GameStop for dirt-cheap and didn't even know about this achievement. I can't wait to get this achievement for my full 1000....and then the next day I'll be playing Borderlands 2!