AMAZING Trick to Spider Farming!

BarbaricGoose

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind this glitch, I can't make the spider-farm work at all. As soon as I approach the door, a bunch of goblins spawn in the room as well, making it really hard to aim at the spider (not to mention a couple of Svartalf Snipers bugging me)... and worse, if I don't kill the Spider within five seconds or so, it actually de-spawns! Just disappears into the aether...

Did they patch the game to stop us from doing this, or am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Nevermind this glitch, I can't make the spider-farm work at all. As soon as I approach the door, a bunch of goblins spawn in the room as well, making it really hard to aim at the spider (not to mention a couple of Svartalf Snipers bugging me)... and worse, if I don't kill the Spider within five seconds or so, it actually de-spawns! Just disappears into the aether...

Did they patch the game to stop us from doing this, or am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Game has not been patched.

I don't honestly know what's causing the despawn. It's happened to me before, but usually doesn't continue. You might be getting too far away from the door..?

The extra enemies are spawning because you're getting too Close to the door. Read the section on how to spider farm in my guide. Just take baby steps towards the door until it opens. Take a few steps, wait 2 seconds, take two more steps.

Okay first, step JUST before the line near the door to spider farm.

And, re-did this glitch leaving when he was flat on his back, and it worked. So yes, you can leave too late.

Also, I was on really small health and only half paying attention when spider-farming, anyway accidentally went too far and the spider shot me right in the chest.

So I died, and had to re-do the glitch -.-

Sorry for asking this here, but is it still possible to get the 7500 drops by buying color runes? I thought they fixed it with an update. I´m just asking because you mentioned it in OP and because i still need ~3000 drops.

Yes, you can still get the drops that way.

However, unless it's the very last achievement you need, I wouldn't recommend it.

Okay first, step JUST before the line near the door to spider farm.

And, re-did this glitch leaving when he was flat on his back, and it worked. So yes, you can leave too late.

Also, I was on really small health and only half paying attention when spider-farming, anyway accidentally went too far and the spider shot me right in the chest.

So I died, and had to re-do the glitch -.-

How long were you waiting before exiting, anyway? I tried to do that, and I failed. You must've been quitting Just before you get automatically sent back. That's some crazy timing. :)

Glad it's working for ya!

You sure it was because you quit too late? I tried it a while back and discovered I couldnt actually do iot, even by waiting for 5 or 6 seconds.

Stand on the darker patch of floor and your home-free, unhittable by the spider.

Wouldnt reccomend buying color runes anyway, Spider Farming is a much better method, almost as fast, much less boring. 3000 drops a lot of runes.

Hey guys.

I finally completed my epic set last night from spider farming. woot :)

I have two free slots in the gear and was wondering what the best runes to use are.

Im a lvl human zerker

I was wondering how much difference a strength rune would make

Any other suggestions?

So the set gives me maxed staff damage, dual wield attack radius, dual wield damage and attack speed...all the major ones.

what would you recommend other than those? masteries? or other?

Has anybody figured out the perfect weapon for a berserker (human) for spider farming? I guess using a rifle is better than pistols, but i don´t know if i should use slug/laser/... and what upgrades i need to be able to shoot the spider from the right distance. I hope this hasn´t been asked before. Thx for helping!

This method of farming is awesome as hell. Just like to say that.

However, is it true that buying color runes without clearing the cache counts toward your 7500 drops? I've read it doesn't. Can anyone confirm this? It will be the last achievement I'll need, most likely. (Someone gave me an elite armor set)

Sweet jesus read previous posts, both here and in the spider farming farming thread. It's a crappy method, due to it taking a copious amount of runes and its tedious beyond belief for not much reward...

Making achievement hunting into a chore like that defeats the whole object of the xbox as hardware. It's a game, designed for enjoyment, enjoyment derived from being challenged and the gratification granted by overcoming that challenge. To me, using a method like this is just pointless.

`your much better off spider farming for it.

Nice method!

I used it for leveling and it works quite well. Got ten levels in about 3 hours (30 -> 40).

Much faster than doing it the normal way, if the 30 hour mark for Level 50 (mentioned in the guide) is the standard.

If you can get a good Commando Friend to spider farm you from level 1 you can get to 50 in about 2 and a half hours to 3

I'm leveling people with this method for free so if you want some free quick levels, just message me on Live.

Can anyone Spider Farm my new Berserk to level 50? Its level 24 ATM, I will give Items, and you can keep all Epic Gear.

If so, please add me Gamertag or PM me on here.

Edited by Purple Toxins

You can also think that people are very determined to make their build perfect ;)

Nobody like hours of borring spiderfarming, but when it is the best way to get certain runes, weapons or armor you make a fresh pot of coffee, put some music on and hope for the best.

I can't see anything negative about that.

Colour rune farming. Not spider farming. As in, going into a shop, buying an inventory full of colour runes and then salvaging them all just to rinse an repeat. Just to get the dumb 7.5k drops achievement which doesnt actually take very long to get anyway.

My arguments have no bearing on people farming to improve their characters, that's something I actively endorse.

3rd level, about 4/5 of the way through it. Your best off finishing the game first, and then going back and doing this after completion when your tanking it to 50 / farming gear.

At lower levels, the gear you get from farming isnt really anything special and it really isnt worth it, as the hbigher you get the harder the campaign becomes.

Im just starting the game but what level or how far into the game is this can you do it with a new char ?

Please refer to the section entitled: "What is Spider Farming?"

I believe you have to beat the level(World Serpent) first, before you can spider farm. Spider Farming is, in my opinion, the best way to level up. It can seem slow if you're solo, but it's still faster than other methods. Not to mention it's easy, and you can get some gear and make some nice bounty along the way.