It is PURE CARP - DO NOT BUY

Sci0n

I'll vouch for the camera angles.. especially with some boss fights. Second time I had the Drunken guy he was at he bottom and I couldn't get the camera to even pick him up. I had to just walk to the bottom of the screen and mash buttons and retreat.. Since I couldn't see a damned thing I couldn't block and counter so he wasted me like about 5 times before I said screw it.... BUT that's just one of many bad angles at critical times

I dig it. But I tend to really like odder games. My only complaint is the camera, I think the rest is fine. On can get knocked out of combos, but I counter that with liberal dashing. You take a lot of damage from elements, but collecting armor pieces helps lessen it.

Ive decided the best description is Lollipop Chainsaw meets Armies of Darkness. The story is overly insane, almost too far gone to be a satire of the, frankly, insane Ninja Gaiden stories. But Yaiba takes such mad glee in the slaughter, its hard to hold the story against it. Im also digging the art style a lot more than I thought I would.

Also, I'm curious if the reviews are based off old code. The GameSpot review mentioned significant slow down, which I have not experienced. I even wracked up over 300 hit combo in the first fight and it ran smooth. So, not sure how much I trust that review. I also find it odd that the same reviewer gave Lollipop Chainsaw a 7 and Yaiba a 4, when they share many of the same "problems".

Yaiba is definitely not a 9 or a 10, and I'd be pushing it to call what Ive played an 8, but 7.5 is pretty spot on, at least in my opinion.

I dig it. But I tend to really like odder games. My only complaint is the camera, I think the rest is fine. On can get knocked out of combos, but I counter that with liberal dashing. You take a lot of damage from elements, but collecting armor pieces helps lessen it.

Ive decided the best description is Lollipop Chainsaw meets Armies of Darkness. The story is overly insane, almost too far gone to be a satire of the, frankly, insane Ninja Gaiden stories. But Yaiba takes such mad glee in the slaughter, its hard to hold the story against it. Im also digging the art style a lot more than I thought I would.

Also, I'm curious if the reviews are based off old code. The GameSpot review mentioned significant slow down, which I have not experienced. I even wracked up over 300 hit combo in the first fight and it ran smooth. So, not sure how much I trust that review. I also find it odd that the same reviewer gave Lollipop Chainsaw a 7 and Yaiba a 4, when they share many of the same "problems".

Yaiba is definitely not a 9 or a 10, and I'd be pushing it to call what Ive played an 8, but 7.5 is pretty spot on, at least in my opinion.

Gamespot reviewed the ps3 version which does have terrible slowdown.

This is totally wasted from Tecmo Koei. I not buy. I cancelled preordered when I found out game is really bad from users and reviewers. So yeah bad game made.

Shame NG 3 and this is wasted Ninja Gaiden. Shame. NG 3: RE made up improved a bit but still felt gimmicky.

This game, Earth Defense Force 2025, Rambo: The Video Game and other games is crap released this year. I haven't paid those. Thanks god.

I am so happy with better games like InFamous: Second Son, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Titanfall, Thief and others. They better games. :D

Cannot wait for Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Mario Golf: World Tour, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and other games in May. Massive lots on my birthday month. 21st May and I turned 29. Near old man. Lol

Edited by cheevo360

Personally I think it isn't that bad ... I mean it has everything a hack n slay player likes. Yes, it might be a poor bayonetta spin off, yes it isn't a strategic ninja gaiden sequel and yes it might be a bit (lot) trashy. But so what!? I knew exactly what to expect and tbh so far .. (currently on my third playthrough on hell difficulty - and damn, thats one hell of a challenge right there) I like it.

This is totally wasted from Tecmo Koei. I not buy. I cancelled preordered when I found out game is really bad from users and reviewers. So yeah bad game made.

Shame NG 3 and this is wasted Ninja Gaiden. Shame. NG 3: RE made up improved a bit but still felt gimmicky.

This game, Earth Defense Force 2025, Rambo: The Video Game and other games is crap released this year. I haven't paid those. Thanks god.

I am so happy with better games like InFamous: Second Son, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Titanfall, Thief and others. They better games. :D

Cannot wait for Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Mario Golf: World Tour, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and other games in May. Massive lots on my birthday month. 21st May and I turned 29. Near old man. Lol

EDF 2025 isn't crap it has the same score as Thief on Metacritic and its user score is way higher.

I have tried to play this but is a utter joke, enemys are nothing like NG, also they take loads to damage, your combos get knock out mid combo.

The camera as well... IS PURE SHITE!

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

you're right..., I played this piece of shite m8 and I already don't want to finish it. I'll take the 185 gs and call it quits. so repetitive and u fight the same boss's over and over in chapters. wow that must of been really hard for them to think of that.

save your money if you're thinking of getting this garbage.

Team Ninja screws up so bad without Itagaki...

they should apologize to him and begg him for coming back...but then they would fire him again after they "used" him...

Man i hate this thought, but one thing is for sure: Ninja Gaiden Z Yaiba is a disgrace to Ninja Gaiden, even if its a spin off.

Don`t waste your money people, spare your hard earned money for future games...but don`t support this, because of his name "Ninja Gaiden".