Too Close For Missiles bugged?

Onyok

Hi all

I've been running around after I've killed all the enemies & shot down all the buzzards in the Dust. Searched the whole area thoroughly but I have yet to see the fire machine gun (if that's the name of the gun) to be used to light up the volleyball net. That's the only thing left for me to do since I've already doused the net with gas.

Anyone, pls?

TIA!

any gun that has fire will do .

Not quite.

I had a really fun bandit weapon a pistol, which did fire dmg, but it would not light the net. Nor would my fire nova shield, or fire based grenade mod.

I had to run back to town, and fast travel to sanctuary, luckily someone was selling another fire weapon that did work.

I assume the reason my bandit pistol didn't work because the way it worked was it would fire a projectile that would stick to whatever it hit, and explode after a second or two. I really want to find another one, but up at my level again, that was such a fun gun to use.

I believe this to be bugged as I tried several fire weapons. None of which worked for me.

Then by sheer chance I shot it with an explosive round and the net burned right up.

I'd recommend trying that if anyone finds themself in a similar position.

My friend had the same issue, and tried his explosive weapon out of frustration. And it worked for him also :)

Just confirming for people who can't seem to get a fire weapon to work, try an explosive one.