Valentine’s Day Massacre Special

Fishman

The Valentine’s Day Massacre Special, the latest free update to GTA Online that’s coming this Friday features a variety of fun Valentine's themed extras for Story Mode and GTA Online.

NEW WEAPON: GUSENBERG SWEEPER

Nothing says “I love you” quite like the warm wooden grip and cold steel barrel of a Gusenberg Sweeper machine gun. Get it from any Ammu-Nation location in GTA Online (in Story Mode, the Sweeper is automatically deposited into each character's weapon inventory with two full clips and additional ammo can be purchased at Ammu-Nation).

NEW VEHICLE: ALBANY ROOSEVELT

Paint the town red in the classically-inspired Albany Roosevelt. This armored 1920s limousine is perfect for gangsters and their molls. To properly run amok with the new Roosevelt, get in the driver’s seat and let your friends or Crewmates hang off the side, firing and taking out your rivals as you pass them by. The Roosevelt can be accessed from any garage property in Story Mode and is available in GTA Online from the legendarymotorsport.net in-game website.

NEW ATTIRE

Dress to the nines in a host of new double breasted suits and 1920s flapper dresses, or bare it all in sexy undergarments while going incognito with a selection of new masquerade masks. There are also new novelty t-shirts, hats and more available in stores throughout Los Santos, plus a new Flapper Bob hairstyle exclusively for the ladies.

10 NEW JOBS

The Valentine’s Day Massacre also includes 10 new Jobs scattered like the remnants of a broken heart throughout the world of GTA Online, including Deathmatches, a new Parachute Jump and new land, sea and cycling Races.

Everything in the Valentine’s Day Massacre Special will be available for a limited time starting this Friday, but once acquired you will be able to keep them in your inventory for good. We will also have more information soon for other forthcoming GTA Online content updates including the Dangerous Business Pack, Online Heists, an expansion to the Creator tool and lots more.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52186/Coming-this-Friday-The-GTA-Online-Valentine-s-Day-Massacr

It's not Heists, but it's something new. The best part is in bold, much better than the Christmas crap!

Update: It's now live!

Edited by Fishman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite bit:

We will also have more information soon for other forthcoming GTA Online content updates including the Dangerous Business Pack, Online Heists, an expansion to the Creator tool and lots more.

That would be my favorite bit if we didn't all hear it before :p. I only get excited for what is announced at this point. They've been talking about the Heists forever. Maybe soon though, just maybe....

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52186/Coming-this-Friday-The-GTA-Online-Valentine-s-Day-Massacr

It's not Heists, but it's something new. The best part is in bold, much better than the Christmas crap!

Hope I could hop on while this is going on with a bunch of people on the site

That would be my favorite bit if we didn't all hear it before :p. I only get excited for what is announced at this point. They've been talking about the Heists forever. Maybe soon though, just maybe....

There's too many rumors and false news flying around that it only makes them look worse from people with big mouths and inaccurate info. I only check the Newswire on Rockstar first and foremost.

There's too many rumors and false news flying around that it only makes them look worse from people with big mouths and inaccurate info. I only check the Newswire on Rockstar first and foremost.

I don't even pay attention to "news" unless there is a creditable source to back it up. This goes for everything, not just GTA. However, Rockstar seems to have started the rumors in the first place, they are always bringing up Heists themselves.

And I'm not bitching, just saying I don't care about them at this point until there is an official announcement (more than just "stay tuned"). I will say; after this long of a wait, they better be worth it and free would be nice.

Edited by Fishman

I don't even pay attention to "news" unless there is a creditable source to back it up. This goes for everything, not just GTA. However, Rockstar seems to have started the rumors in the first place, they are always bringing up Heists themselves.

And I'm not bitching, just saying I don't care about them at this point until there is an official announcement (more than just "stay tuned"). I will say; after this long of a wait, they better be worth it and free would be nice.

Don't blame you. I dread clicking on any thread/forum that says LEAKED or RUMOR. How about Facts? They work much better lol. I actually got a few confirmed things about Dead Space 2/3 from Steve Papoutsis on Twitter. Dude is very cool.

The Heists being delayed is probably the biggest letdown but they also said it would launch with Online so I sincerely doubt they'll charge for it. The "in-between" stuff they're flinging out currently is acceptable bc at least they're not just sitting on their asses like "we'll get you SOMETHING soon ;)". I like they're TRYING to keep players involved until the big DLC launches.

Trust me, your feels are totally felt :p

True, they keep saying "they're coming", but when? This year?

Exactly! R*, the biggest rumour mill of all!

I think the new clothing items will be the high light for me.

Edited by Dirty130

True, they keep saying "they're coming", but when? This year?

Exactly! R*, the biggest rumour mill of all!

I think the new clothing items will be the high light for me.

Maybe the "Heists" are just a project name for GTA6?! :p

I wouldn't mind some new clothing either, hell I'll take it all. Speaking of clothing, it kind of surprises me they haven't added a little DLC for some new clothes.

Woot, more free stuff!

Can never complain about free stuff, I'm excited for it!

They should've released the Heists itself on Valentines Day. OMG can you see it?

Maybe next Valentines Day? If we're lucky. ;)

It looks like it's live now, I just logged on and after downloading an update and compatibility pack have access to all the new goodies.

- The Albany Roosevelt seats 6, and costs $750,000

- The Gusenberg Sweeper costs $14,454

- There is a good amount of new clothing, the prices vary from a couple hundred to just shy of $10,000 it seems.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52188/GTA-Online-Valentine-s-Day-Massacre-Special-Is-Now-Available

They also have an event weekend planned (Details Announced Here):

VALENTINE'S MASSACRE SOCIAL CLUB EVENT WEEKEND

To help celebrate, we'll be hosting a special Valentine's Massacre Social Club Event Weekend that will include special in-game RP bonuses, Crate Drops, a live stream broadcast on Friday afternoon and much more. Stay tuned for more details later today.

Also a pretty big update. Lots of fixes, additions, and changes. Way too many to list, so here are the top ones:

Top Changes

• The Rat Loader is now available again in GTA Online. Please see southernsanandreassuperautos.com for your vehicular needs. This vehicle and all of its mods are free until the following Title Update.
  • A player who kills a passive player must now pay their hospital bills
  • The Mechanic has now been removed when delivering a Personal Vehicle. The vehicle is now created nearby instead.
  • Added a new option to the Interaction Menu that lowers the attack priority against Friends.
  • Solo players in Races now earn GTA$.
  • Fix for incorrect time display on the Bad Sport pool timer
  • Fix for several exploits that allowed duplication of vehicles
  • Fix for several exploits that allowed too much RP during missions
  • Fix for issues with Cornrows haircut
  • Fix for issue causing characters to become bald after using a mask
  • Fix for Story Mode issue where all shops could remain closed with their blips missing
  • A new “Blow Kiss” Celebration has been added. Show some love.
  • Various bug fixes

Yay!

Players can now replay Contact Missions via the Pause menu.
The full update can be viewed here: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201672037--February-13-2014-GTAV-Title-Update-1-10-Notes

It's not Heists, but I'm happy. I'm glad they are still taking care of the game and adding new things for us. Lots of new things to buy, which is nice because I was getting bored!

Edited by Fishman

Doesn't seem to be working. The last major event (Beach Bum) had a lot of issues with it too. Thought they would have fixed it but nope!

We were all able to eventually get in using the retry feature. Also, I remember it being a pain during the Beach Bum Weekend too :(

Keep trying and hopefully you'll get in. Once in, it doesn't seem to kick you, so that's a huge bonus!