Any tips on using the crossbow long range?

Chevelle

The target im trying to hit with the crossbow long range is the guy on the staircase in the Assassins run challenge of Dunwall trials (5th room). Its easy enough to hit him, But my problem is headshotting him.

So, does anyone know if Crossbow Bolts descend as they travel long distances in this game? Any other tips on how to use the crossbow effectively at long range are appreciated.

The target im trying to hit with the crossbow long range is the guy on the staircase in the Assassins run challenge of Dunwall trials (5th room). Its easy enough to hit him, But my problem is headshotting him.

So, does anyone know if Crossbow Bolts descend as they travel long distances in this game? Any other tips on how to use the crossbow effectively at long range are appreciated.

Can you use upgrades in the DLC? Because I know there are a couple for the crossbow that affect accuracy and range.

Also, I noticed the hitmarker doesn't jump around as much if you shoot while leaning.

Can you use upgrades in the DLC? Because I know there are a couple for the crossbow that affect accuracy and range.
I think it starts with all of the upgrades. But this guy is pretty far away and is in constant motion. (He's walking up a spiral staircase then blinks to the bottom and repeats)

Can you just blink to him and shoot him up close when his back is turned, heading back up the staircase?
No, Your shooting from a window and you cant leave through the window/blink out of it. you have to be in the building and make that long range shot.

my only guess is to arch your shot. i remember in the story mode i would for the head but the dart would hit the leg or so when i was going for a long shot.

so when he blinks to the bottom, instead of aiming for the head, aim an inch above his head and shoot.

Im trying but its hard when your using double zoom >.<

Its also hard to headshot everything on the way back to that room... with 100% accuracy.

Edited by Chevelle

My bad, I meant the fourth room. All I know about #4 is use Dark Vision as soon as you enter so you know which 2 of the 3 doors is an assassin.
i know no matter what they see you... 4th and 6th rooms they always see you no matter what. I usually wait till they blink to me then i blink ontop of the box thing on the wall and while they shoot darts at me i try to line up headshots. Doesn't always work though, Takes alot of luck.

you can also use dark vision 'before' entering the room and you'll be able to see where they are that way when you do go in you don't have to have the yellow screen.

man do these suck, the game doesn't handle well enough as a shooter to be able to pull off consistant on the move headshots against enemies moving this fast especilly in enclosed spaces

Yeah... Especially when they can pretty much blind you with their pull and blink right up into your face.

Edit: The fact that they can 2 hit you with their swords doesn't help either.

Edited by Chevelle

For the sixth room, use the window that connects the 5th and 6th room. When you shoot through the shade, they won't detect you.

good tip, i'll give it a try

Yeah... Especially when they can pretty much blind you with their pull and blink right up into your face.

Edit: The fact that they can 2 hit you with their swords doesn't help either.

yup, i love that they have a near infinite teleport range to get right behind you no matter how far away they are, and i've always thought Corvo was especilly weak, he just can't stand up to direct attacks, and since theres no potions it kinda makes it much more obvious

Just got the achievement. 4th room (First ambush) Go to the back of the room where they spawn and climb ontop of the bookcases in the corner and they will only shoot darts at you so take your time and line up your shot.

Last room... back of the room far left there is a floating bookcase jump onto it and they wont teleport up to you. Any on the upper level of the room stand around doing nothing. Those on the bottom will only shoot darts at you.

Darts are SIGNIFICANTLY less powerful than their swords.

Edited by Chevelle

Where's the best place to aim the cross hair on the staircase assassin?
i aimed just slightly above his head when he was walking up the center part (the only part where he walks sort of straight) You'll know the part because its when he has his back completely turned to you. I think i just got lucky on that though, It was the first time i actually headshotted that guy.

Hahaha did it! 2nd on TA next to Chevelle
Congrats, Just noticed that when i went back to check to see if anyone left a comment on my Solution :p

I'll post up your pic on TA with credit to you if its allowed, Checking if it is since i've never seen a pic on a TA solution before.

Edit: I'll put it up since i don't see any 'Rules' section.

Edited by Chevelle

I see on TA that pretty much all you guys have this achievement now. I'm just posting to see if anyone has found an easier way to headshot this guy yet. I've tried lining up the same as STLfan's picture and as the guy in the video Chevelle has in his TA solution and can't succeed with either. I always get "shot" and not "headshot." Although it's hard to tell, it almost looks like I hit him in either the leg or the ribs each time. I've tried adjusting by aiming slightly higher, shooting a little earlier, etc., but this always results in me completely missing.

I see on TA that pretty much all you guys have this achievement now. I'm just posting to see if anyone has found an easier way to headshot this guy yet. I've tried lining up the same as STLfan's picture and as the guy in the video Chevelle has in his TA solution and can't succeed with either. I always get "shot" and not "headshot." Although it's hard to tell, it almost looks like I hit him in either the leg or the ribs each time. I've tried adjusting by aiming slightly higher, shooting a little earlier, etc., but this always results in me completely missing.
Honestly that part is mostly luck... I'd recommend spam shooting everything in the first few rooms and continuously going back to that part and take a few practice shots until you've got a feel for it.