Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #811
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That shit was crazy... though, the whole of the episode didn't feel so much like a finale, more like just a setup for further story progression (in which we have to wait). However, the end did, in fact, feel like a finale.

As much as I wanted that character dead, I have to say, that was some sad shit. The type of shit that nearly jerks a tear, and caused me to call my gal at work and tell her I love her. I think I felt this for the children. Losing their Mother to their psychotic grandmother, and their Dad is going to prison, likely framed for the murders as well(?)

Insane.

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #812
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Yeah, but the framing part would've worked a lot better if the BBQ fork was still on the scene. Because five minutes of common sense and detective work would tell them that Jax was there, but the murder weapon(s) weren't.

"Jackson... the medical examiner has determined your wife was stabbed to death with a giant fork. Tell us, sir... how did you dispose of the weapon so quickly. Did you eat it?"

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #813
PenderPowguin

Right, evidence... because everything makes sense in the world of SOA

But I agree, I don't think he'll be pinned for it... in fact, I don't think he'll turn himself in either. I think he'll go on an all-out rampage. A war is ensuing, and I think Jax will ultimately be a casualty of such. Nero on the brown/yellow side, Jax on the black/white.

Also, Gemma is likely gonna die.

Everyone dies!

- Raistlin Majere

Old 12-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #814
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
As much as I wanted that character dead, I have to say, that was some sad shit. The type of shit that nearly jerks a tear, and caused me to call my gal at work and tell her I love her. I think I felt this for the children. Losing their Mother to their psychotic grandmother, and their Dad is going to prison, likely framed for the murders as well(?)

Insane.
Even though I wanted it to happen, I found myself shocked that it was actually happening. As soon she she stabbed her once, my jaw literally dropped and my heart sunk. I'm not married nor have kids...but I felt extremely, tremendously saddened at her death. But it's ironic, because Gemma was just trying to save her son as well.

Intense episode.

And I'm in the minority it seems...but I hate Juice A LOT for killing Roosevelt. It further proves he's a loose cannon and untrustworthy just because he doesn't want Jax to find out the truth?!

Quote:
But I agree, I don't think he'll be pinned for it... in fact, I don't think he'll turn himself in either. I think he'll go on an all-out rampage. A war is ensuing, and I think Jax will ultimately be a casualty of such. Nero on the brown/yellow side, Jax on the black/white.

Also, Gemma is likely gonna die.

Everyone dies!
Yeah, I can't see Season 7 being absent of Jax (him being in prison), because well, he's the focal point of the story.

I also have a weird feeling Jax will either kill his mother WHEN (not if) he finds out, kill Juice in cold blood, kill Nero in cold blood, and be killed himself by the end of the series.

This show is hell.

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #815
PenderPowguin

Oh yeah, Juice is definitely a goner. Jax don't let go of that type of shit (Clay). And while it's arguable that Clay did worse shit, Jax told Chibs to fill Bobby et. al. in on his past sins... which killing another member unjustly generally earns you a ticket to meet Mr. Mayham.

This truly sucks that all of shows have ended for now. SOA, Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead.

- Raistlin Majere

Old 12-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #816
punker

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
I know Bobby used to be the VP, but I thought it was kind of a dick move for Jax to pass over Chibs and hand the gavel to him. Maybe Chibs will be resentful about it next season.

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
Old 12-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #817
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Oh yeah, Juice is definitely a goner. Jax don't let go of that type of shit (Clay). And while it's arguable that Clay did worse shit, Jax told Chibs to fill Bobby et. al. in on his past sins... which killing another member unjustly generally earns you a ticket to meet Mr. Mayham.

This truly sucks that all of shows have ended for now. SOA, Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead.
Yeah, I want to see Juice go. Not really sure why Jax parted him with the words, "You betrayed me," instead of actually physically confronting him like he usually does to people (Nero). Either way, it sucks that we have to wait a year for the next and final season.

I really want to see how this all concludes. But we all have to understand that nothing that happens will be good. This is Sons of Anarchy after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
I know Bobby used to be the VP, but I thought it was kind of a dick move for Jax to pass over Chibs and hand the gavel to him. Maybe Chibs will be resentful about it next season.
I was thinking this last night too. Part of me thinks Chibs was annoyed when it happened, you can kinda see by his facial expressions and the way he acts, but at the same time, I don't think he considers it a big deal.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #818
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

I just finished watching the finale ... the only thought that keeps running through my head is "WAT DA FUCK!?"

Seriously ... I didn't see that coming. Any of it.

First, I can't believe Tara lost the 6+ year battle against Gemma (though I'm not sure Gemma will be able to handle the grief. If Jax finds out what she did, she'll eat a bullet or he'll kill her).

Second, I'm not sure what's going to happen to Jax. He's definitely not going away for 10+ years, but he's in deep shit right now.

And I really don't know what's coming for the MC, but it's obvious that Oakland is about to explode into a gang war that we've never really seen before on the show. We've seen skirmishes and lots of beefing, but not really the kind of bloody war that Clay and the MC went through while Jax was a kid/teen.

Next season is way too far away ...
Old 12-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #819
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth VeX View Post
I just finished watching the finale ... the only thought that keeps running through my head is "WAT DA FUCK!?"

Seriously ... I didn't see that coming. Any of it.

First, I can't believe Tara lost the 6+ year battle against Gemma (though I'm not sure Gemma will be able to handle the grief. If Jax finds out what she did, she'll eat a bullet or he'll kill her).

Second, I'm not sure what's going to happen to Jax. He's definitely not going away for 10+ years, but he's in deep shit right now.

And I really don't know what's coming for the MC, but it's obvious that Oakland is about to explode into a gang war that we've never really seen before on the show. We've seen skirmishes and lots of beefing, but not really the kind of bloody war that Clay and the MC went through while Jax was a kid/teen.

Next season is way too far away ...
I kinda knew at the moment that Jax told Bobby he'd be going away for what was it, 10-25 years, something dramatically jaw-dropping would ensue within the last five minutes of the show, because of three reasons.

One, Sutter is always pulling twists in the Season Finales.

Two, Maggie Siff is pregnant so her character was bound to die off soon.

Three, why on earth would the last season of the show take place with Jax in prison the entire time...? (Unless the season takes place after he gets out, but that would be awful).

And even though the DA's face read, "You did this?!" in the last two minutes, there's NO POSSIBLE WAY they can frame the murder on him. If they do, it'd be interesting to see how she does it and how he retorts, but there's no logical explanation she can give on why he would kill his wife (whom he took the fall for) and Roosevelt (whom he's on good terms with).

Old 12-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #820
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Jax is going to think this was Nero...especially after that little speech Nero gave Jax about the woman he had killed.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #821
PenderPowguin

Interesting theory, Gackt. I can see it, especially since Nero has chosen his side.

- Raistlin Majere

Old 12-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #822
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Jax is going to think this was Nero...especially after that little speech Nero gave Jax about the woman he had killed.
I can't see that happening. Yeah, Nero has changed in Jax's eye (and in the viewers), but Jax wouldn't jump the gun because regardless of where Nero stands now, that's so out of character.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #823
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I can't see that happening. Yeah, Nero has changed in Jax's eye (and in the viewers), but Jax wouldn't jump the gun because regardless of where Nero stands now, that's so out of character.
It might be out of character but Jax still doesn't know that the niners he left Nero with all got popped. That plus the sit down with Lin is just going to make Jax think he never really knew Nero in the first place.

Also who else is he really going to suspect? I doubt he would go right to Gemma.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #824
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a View Post
It might be out of character but Jax still doesn't know that the niners he left Nero with all got popped. That plus the sit down with Lin is just going to make Jax think he never really knew Nero in the first place.

Also who else is he really going to suspect? I doubt he would go right to Gemma.
He does know. Didn't Charlie (Peter Weller's character) tell them in the shop that a bunch of Niners got popped by a bunch of Mexicans. And then Chibs and Jax said something about how brown didn't like the deal but it'll all blow over soon. So I'm pretty sure he knows.

If this show takes itself seriously in gathering evidence, then they'll see how Tara died and who in Jax's life would stab his wife in the head three times.

I'm certain he'll turn right to Gemma since he'll realize not telling her his plan from the start was a bad move as she would most likely act irrational.

There's no one else he'd turn to. Even if he thought it was Nero, why would he think Nero would brutally murder her like that instead of doing something more discrete.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #825
PenderPowguin

The thing is, I don't think Jax really does know what happened with the Niners. Remember at the end of the episode, when Jax was sitting with Bobby and Chibs, well, there was a point where Bobby looked at Chibs and purposely omitted that information to Jax (assuming that Bobby/Chibs didn't want to put more weight on Jax's shoulders, since he was already going to prison).

I believe that Sutter purposely started building the tension between Nero and Jax. This will facilitate more fires between an already strained relationship between Brown/Yellow vs. Black/White. Especially since Nero left Gemma, and joined to back the Mayan's play.

While I'd agree that it seems like there is no motive on Nero's part to kill Tara, will a emotionally distressed Jax Teller look at the situation logically? Based on his previous emotional outbursts, I'd think probably not.

However, I can see a situation going down where Jax is about to kill Nero, and Gemma comes in to admit that she did it to save Nero's life. I do believe Gemma will be dead shortly there after.

Any way you shake it, there is a war about to go down. Police, the Sons, Brown, Yellow, Black... also to mention internal struggle, like the Jax vs. Nero/Gemma, Club vs. Juice, etc.

Shit, who knows, maybe Nero will betray his crew in the end to save Jax, or Gemma? Nero's a good person, on the real.

- Raistlin Majere

Old 12-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #826
CrAzYnEsS

Just watched the season finale. I know I usually use stars when using a cuss word on here, but FUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Fuck Juice and Gemma. I hope they both die, but especially Juice. Fucking hiding the evidence and covering it all up. Now when it really matters you choose not to rat and tell everyone what happened. Asshole.

I was really hating Jax of late, but he redeemed himself in this episode. He finally remembered who he was and what he stood for. Sacrificing himself for Tara and the kids. I was rooting for Tara.

I can't help but put the majority of the blame on the club members. No one thought it would be a good idea to fucking tell Gemma what was up? Cause you know, because shes bat shit crazy.

Also, a fuckyou goes out to Unser. Always trying to start shit. Why don't you wait and get all the facts Unser before telling a crazy bitch something, that I don't know, might make her go more bat shit crazy. Just die from the cancer already asshole.

A final Fuckyou to Kurt Sutter. Stop killing everyone.

Sorry for my foul language. But man fuck that bullshit.

Cheating doesn't qualify as skills, its just a poor
attempt for a newb to be a pro.

BTW-I kno some of the spelling on my posts, is incorrect, but im just too lazy to fix it srry. Also if n e of my posts have offended n e 1 in n e way, i apologize. PEACE
CrAzYnEsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #827
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Quote:
He does know. Didn't Charlie (Peter Weller's character) tell them in the shop that a bunch of Niners got popped by a bunch of Mexicans. And then Chibs and Jax said something about how brown didn't like the deal but it'll all blow over soon. So I'm pretty sure he knows.
No, he doesn't know. He wasn't in the shop when they found out, he was with Tara. Then when he's sitting at the table with Bobby and Chibs he ask's if they heard about anything going down after they left and Bobby says no, presumably to spare him from it considering what he was already going through like Powder said.

I don't disagree with you that it'd be a leap for someone like Nero to do that, but I do think his character is going to be in serious question in Jax's eyes when he finds this stuff out. Even if he doesn't fall on Nero specifically it wouldn't be a stretch for him to look the way of the mayans and the Chinese.

I loved that subtle shift from the impression the whole season that Jax was starting to mirror Clay then in the end he proved he's more than that and it was Gemma who truly mirrored Clay's actions by killing the innocent wife.

Quote:
I believe that Sutter purposely started building the tension between Nero and Jax. This will facilitate more fires between an already strained relationship between Brown/Yellow vs. Black/White. Especially since Nero left Gemma, and joined to back the Mayan's play.

While I'd agree that it seems like there is no motive on Nero's part to kill Tara, will a emotionally distressed Jax Teller look at the situation logically? Based on his previous emotional outbursts, I'd think probably not.

However, I can see a situation going down where Jax is about to kill Nero, and Gemma comes in to admit that she did it to save Nero's life. I do believe Gemma will be dead shortly there after.

Any way you shake it, there is a war about to go down. Police, the Sons, Brown, Yellow, Black... also to mention internal struggle, like the Jax vs. Nero/Gemma, Club vs. Juice, etc.

Shit, who knows, maybe Nero will betray his crew in the end to save Jax, or Gemma? Nero's a good person, on the real.
For me I feel like the only person who truly deserves to be in jail is Gemma, death is too easy, she should have to suffer for what she did. The more I think about where the show could go the more I worry it's going to resemble the end of The Shield too much. To get out from under the amount of shit on him and the club right now how could Jax not deal with the DA in some way?

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #828
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Hmm, looks like I'm off about Jax knowing then Damn, when he does find out then...shit will get hot.

Did Leroy (the lead Niner, I think that's his name) get shot too? Or was he in the silver car that drove off with the Sons?

Either way, I don't want to quote every little bit, so I'll just gather than I suspect Nero will do something surprisingly "awesome" for Jax when he finds out what Gemma did. Since he never liked that "all her husbands got killed," and now that his (ex)associate's wife got killed...well, I'm sure he'll feel for Jax like he did that one night he came over to confront him about the other woman Juice killed.

I just want Gemma to suffer. Unser needs to shut his trap. And Juice REALLY needs to go. Covering the evidence and proving untrustworthy time after time is a sentence to Mr. Mayhem like, 4 million time.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #829
punker

Quote:
And Juice REALLY needs to go. Covering the evidence and proving untrustworthy time after time is a sentence to Mr. Mayhem like, 4 million time.
Yeah, but it isn't just some random person he covered up for. Maybe in the eyes of the club... covering up Tara's murder = BAD, but doing it to save Gemma from prison = GOOD.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:39 AM   #830
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
Yeah, but it isn't just some random person he covered up for. Maybe in the eyes of the club... covering up Tara's murder = BAD, but doing it to save Gemma from prison = GOOD.
I just don't see how he thought it was a good idea to cover up a secret as big as your "bosses" mom killed your "bosses" wife. He should have let Roosevelt done what's necessary. Killing Roosevelt was a random and unnecessary death to advance the plot (whereas Tara's was). Sure, killing Roosevelt might be argued to advance the plot, but I don't know, it's not that I'm upset Juice did it, but I'm puzzled why he thought it was a good idea from what I stated in the first sentence.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #831
kryka77

the season in belfast was the best!
kryka77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #832
Mephisto77

Mephisto0770's Gamercard
Yup. I liked roosevelt too, Sutter could let him live. But i still cry because of half-sack death. Remmember him? ;>
Mephisto77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:25 AM   #833
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Series 7 Casting news!

http://www.examiner.com/article/sons...eturn-season-7

I wont copy & paste, to avoid spoilers.

RIP The Matt36, Rise MP NEMO36!
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote