Deal of the Week thread-Improved 360 edition!

Dustinator

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take the Void Walker's Arsenal park isn't worth anything? Just seems to be effectively paying for cheats. Does it make any of the achievements easier to get?
Some of the perks you get are quite good, so the difficulty will slightly decrease both towards progression and achievements. Is it worth it though? I would say no, since it is as you mentioned: "pay to win". I only got Arcane Assassin pack, because I pre-ordered it. I must say one good thing about it, that extra wishbone slot is pretty neat to have, but hardly worth it.

Other than the Just Dance 4 stuff(Kinect Central DotW) I bet those rythm game dlc items are on sale for a week or two. I'll add to the OP during lunch. I'll jump on the Dishonored dlc that includes achievements.

I did buy Battle LA a while ago when it was on sale for $5 and I will say it's a super easy completion. If you're okay with playing a 1st person arcade shooter that does nothing new for a few hours and gives you some easy gamerscore, then have at it. Just know you'll delete it after completion since you'll never go back to it again.

Agreed, very easy. I picked it up last time it was cheap. Better game than I was expecting as well. Not great by any means, but pretty solid and enjoyable.

Agreed - it takes all of 2-3hrs max to get all gs in it... but the difficulties don't stack so you will have to do at least 2 playthoughs... it's ok, but like the movie itself: lacking any real substance to it.

I still have it on my HD tho just in case one day I get to finally try it in 3d (I don't know anyone atm that has a 3d tv). Has anyone tried it (3d mode) and is it any good?

Prices reduced on the following games as of tonight, assuming this is part of this weeks deals.

Devil May Cry HD Collection - 1200 MSP

Assassins Creed Brotherhood - 1200 MSP

Resident Evil 5 - 800 MSP

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - 1200 MSP

Lost Planet Colonies - 400 MSP

Lost Planet 2 - 400 MSP

Dark Void - 400 MSP

Assassins Creed - 1200 MSP

Mortal Kombat - 800 MSP

Devil May Cry 4 - 400 MSP

Asura's Wrath - 800 MSP

Assassin's Creed Sale

TITLE - ORIGINAL PRICE - NEW PRICE

Assassin's Creed - £11.99 - Now £8.99

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - £11.99 - £8.99

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - £11.99 - £8.99

Assassin's Creed 2 Sequence 12: Battle of Forli - 320 MSP - 214 MSP

Assassin's Creed 2 Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations - 560 MSP - 375 MSP

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: The Da Vinci Disappearance - 800 MSP - 536 MSP

Assassin's Creed Revelations: The Lost Archive - 800 MSP - 536 MSP

Assassin's Creed Revelations: Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack - 800 MSP - 536 MSP

Assassin’s Creed 3 Season Pass - 2400 MSP - 1600 MSP

Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15530-Assassin-s-Creed-II-Now-Free-to-Xbox-Live-Gold-Members.html and xbldb.com

Not a "Deal of the Week", but a limited time offer nonetheless:

Beautiful Puzzle Pack - 1200msp

Contains:

• Ilomilo
  • The Splatters
  • Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
  • Lazy Raiders

This is similar to the Twisted Pixel Bundle from earlier this year. Separately, these games would be 2800msp, so you save 1600msp or $20.

Here's the link:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Beautiful-Puzzle-Pack/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411417?cid=search

Contains:

• Ilomilo
  • The Splatters
  • Lazy Raiders

This is similar to the Twisted Pixel Bundle from earlier this year. Separately, these games would be 2800msp, so you save 1600msp or $20.

Here's the link:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Beautiful-Puzzle-Pack/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411417?cid=search

Damn, I already own Ilomilo but unlike the Twisted Pixel Bundle, I don't own any of the others. I've wanted ITSP for awhile now...how are the other two games? And I'm assuming DLC isn't bundled in here ;>_>

Contains:

• Ilomilo
  • The Splatters
  • Lazy Raiders

Here's the link:

Damn, I already own Ilomilo but unlike the Twisted Pixel Bundle, I don't own any of the others. I've wanted ITSP for awhile now...how are the other two games? And I'm assuming DLC isn't bundled in here ;>_>

Good find! I too, only want ITSP. Already have Splatters when it was like 2 bucks and really don't want the other two. Wonderful gem for people that want at least three if not all four!

Personal opinion, Splatters is just okay. Glad I only spent 160 MSP or whatever. I need to play it some more on a "in-between" game situation.

Just like Xtowers found, another bundle has landed on the store.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Action-Packed-Bundle/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411416

Dungeon Fighter Live

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile

Islands of Wakfu

Bloodforge

Unbound Saga

Thought that said Islands of Waifu for a second, was thinking "wtf is that!"

Looks like another decent deal.

Just like Xtowers found, another bundle has landed on the store.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Action-Packed-Bundle/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411416

Dungeon Fighter Live

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile

Islands of Wakfu

Bloodforge

Unbound Saga

There is another bundle that has 5 kinect games too. Haven't got the link right now, but from memory it was Dragons Lair, Wreckateer, Home Run Stars, Haunt and Diabolical Pitch. Think this was 800msp, which works out at 160msp per game! :D

;5897745']There is another bundle that has 5 kinect games too. Haven't got the link right now' date=' but from memory it was Dragons Lair, Wreckateer, Home Run Stars, Haunt and Diabolical Pitch. Think this was 800msp, which works out at 160msp per game! :D[/quote']

I got it linked on the Good Deals thread. It is a great deal, 3200 microsoft points off or 80% off.

;5897745']There is another bundle that has 5 kinect games too. Haven't got the link right now' date=' but from memory it was Dragons Lair, Wreckateer, Home Run Stars, Haunt and Diabolical Pitch. Think this was 800msp, which works out at 160msp per game! :D[/quote']

I got it linked on the Good Deals thread. It is a great deal, 3200 microsoft points off or 80% off.

Not if you got Wreckateer and Haunt for free like I did. Then it's about 266 MSP per game. Which, isn't that bad, but I have no desire for Home Run Stars or even know what Diabolical Pitch even is. I wouldn't mind Dragons Lair though.

Just recently started playing Mass Effect (yeah I know really late to that party). Finished ME 1 and ME 2 getting ready to start ME 3.

Looking through previous deals I don't see a lot of ME 3 DLC ever on Deals of the Week. I noticed I missed Omega. But, has any of that DLC went on sale lately? Am I better holding off or just grabbing it now?

Oh, one more Q (more ME related though) is there any of that DLC you guys really recommend and any I should just avoid?

Not if you got Wreckateer and Haunt for free like I did. Then it's about 266 MSP per game. Which, isn't that bad, but I have no desire for Home Run Stars or even know what Diabolical Pitch even is. I wouldn't mind Dragons Lair though.

Yep I have Haunt and Wreckateer already, but am still tempted for 266msp a game. I'm actually mainly tempted because of Diabolical Pitch - you should really trial it as it's more interesting than the name would suggest. It's a game from Suda51, so you know it's gonna be weird! :p

Just recently started playing Mass Effect (yeah I know really late to that party). Finished ME 1 and ME 2 getting ready to start ME 3.

Looking through previous deals I don't see a lot of ME 3 DLC ever on Deals of the Week. I noticed I missed Omega. But, has any of that DLC went on sale lately? Am I better holding off or just grabbing it now?

Oh, one more Q (more ME related though) is there any of that DLC you guys really recommend and any I should just avoid?

I think leviathan went on sale like 5 or 6 months ago. So if that's any indication i dont think we will see them go on sale any time soon.

Thats a hard one to answer, assuming you haven't been read any spoilers about it leviathan is worth buying just for the lore alone (if your into that) and its reasonably priced for what you get. The Citadel i feel is a must purchase as it is an amazing piece of dlc (rivaling lair of the shadow broker). Omega is meh and while its fun to go romping through Omega i found it the weakest out of the three . If anything wait for omega to go on sale again (though that might not be for a long while) and pick up the other two when you can.