Would you like Zombie Kids as DLC?

xavieramo

Would it make the ERSB crazy if valve included zombie kids?

I would like to see an update or a DLC wich included zombie kids.

It wouldn't be a crazy idea, because the most popular image in zombie movies is a little girl (the cover/poster for Night of the Living Dead).

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a25/luckyfool69/nld.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what me and a friend thought yesterday night when we got to the playground in Hard Rain.That would be awesome.

For Soopersmurph : You're totally right about lurkers, but ESRB makes a difference between zombies and monsters that resemble babies.

Just like in Silent Hill 1, there were monsters that kinda looked like kids and made noises of laughing babies. It was OK for ESRB -but it was censored in Europe :p -. Still, we're here talking about human looking zombies, not monsters with 4 legs, a baby face and 3 tentacles that throw sort of rockets at you.

BUT, the thing to know is that online content isn't rated by ESRB. So Valve could probably do it -and SHOULD do it- without ESRB messing up with them. That sure would make a fuss though.

EDIT : Just remembered in the game 'Siren' that a child turns into a shibito -Japanese for 'zombie'- can't remember if you have to kill him. Gonna check it...

Edited by General Valtiel

Japanese games are plaged with dead children. Ghosts and shibito alike.

I'm all against child abuse, but zobies are different.

I mean, why is it ok to kill fat zombies, skinny zombies, male zombies, female zombies, middle age zombies, black zombies, white zombies, and wrong to kill younger zombies? You are fighting for your life.

You never "kill" a zombie, because by definition, they are already dead.

But I respect your POV.

The idea of killing children is good now but soon we'll get bored and move onto babies, and then fetuses, and then so on and so forth. So really I think we should stop now.

We should add more old people though. They'd be like normal zombies except they don't run, as hunters they can't pounce, as smokers they can't pull, as chargers they can't chrage.

Romero DLC -

* Mall Campaign

* Fashionable Costumes

* Old People Zombies

Edited by Purge

Some of you guys have issues..lol...

Yes zombie kids could add to the challenge but in that case they could just add zombie midgets. Of course since the orgin of the virus in L4D has still not been revealed it's possible that the virus in game effects children differently. That has been a discussion on other forums and wikis.

Plus the real reason why we won't be killing zombie kids anytime soon is that would be a field day for the press. But some say there is no such thing as bad press......

yea um in fear 2 has a girl in it called alma and i dont know if u have to kill her but i am sure

and sry for getting off topic but u think u could get me one of those alma sigs.

my gamertag is RK2013

Edited by RK2013

fixed.

In all seriousness, they could do some really exciting things with animals added. I never even thought about it before you mentioned it!

Seriously man!

Apparently dogs, cats and all other animals are nonexistent in this parallel world that L4D takes place in! I really want to see zombie dogs the most though, come on Resident Evil even has them. Maybe add some crows that fly off trees when you run near them. Things like these will make the game environment feel a lot more realistic!

Zombie turtles maybe...

"I like turles"...

I mean, why is it ok to kill fat zombies, skinny zombies, male zombies, female zombies, middle age zombies, black zombies, white zombies...

It's not that OK to kill black zombies, I remember there was a controversy with Biohazard 5 cause there are only black people in the game. As a result they added white zombies.

There are so many white people in Africa :rolleyes: ...

As a parent, no, I most certainly would not like to see zombie children in Left 4 Dead. As much as I love the games, I would stop playing them if Valve went that route. Remember that the zombies in Left 4 Dead are not "undead" but rather living infected.

In regards to animals, during the Dark Carnival campaign... I believe it's in "Barns" where you go through the petting zoo where someone comments on the dead animals and Rochelle explains that CEDA initally said the infection was spread through mammals and so people were killing their domesticated animals... livestock, pets, etc... out of fear of infection.

Edited by Eternal Rhage

As a parent, no, I most certainly would not like to see zombie children in Left 4 Dead. As much as I love the games, I would stop playing them if Valve went that route. Remember that the zombies in Left 4 Dead are not "undead" but rather living infected.

In regards to animals, during the Dark Carnival campaign... I believe it's in "Barns" where you go through the petting zoo where someone comments on the dead animals and Rochelle explains that CEDA initally said the infection was spread through mammals and so people were killing their domesticated animals... livestock, pets, etc... out of fear of infection.

Just as Eternal says, yes it seems like you're fighting zombies but they seem to have an immunity to pain sometimes O.o Anyway they are only infected, rather like the antagonists from 28 Days Later. However, I am fully against child violence, but on the other hand people need to distinguish a game and full reality and yes this may become reality but it is never going to be that 4 Survivors mimic this exactly. If you were among them and encountered this, would you stand still and let infected children eat you alive? I sure as s--- wouldn't. As much as I am so against child abuse, this doesn't come under that category for me, even though I too am a parent. This would be a good idea, but would also cause a loss of players. I would rather Valve came up for a reason as to how the infection affects infants than to use them in the game. However, the animals are an interesting thought and I'm also in full support of seeing riddance of animal abuse. So there is two sides.

• I'd want to see Valve give us an indication of how infants are affected by the infection. Whether the adult' rage forces them to kill them or something.
  • Animals would be a good idea, but I would also like to see a few new ways the survivors can get around as all of these new infected will lower the amount of ways the Survivors can move, finally slowing game play to crouch and kill then move when clear, as if it is like a military version of L4D2. I see so many zombies scaling buildings and fences, I know this is for game play reasons but I've been thinking along the lines of linear play as well, just like Fallout 3 and Oblivion and would like to see a Zombie/Infected game along those lines. Speaking of Fallout 3, there are A LOT of charred rather small skeletons scattered throughout the world, I've not seen much criticisms towards that.

EDIT: On the other hand if Valve were to release DLC for this maybe either free or charged then people who do want the child infected could download it. Or maybe an option in the menus? In this way you can satisfy both minds. (Not fully, there is always someone to complain and ruin it >.>)

Edited by Airo Shinobi
DLC idea