Struggling on Dustbowl - Wave 12

basis

i've been trying to complete the Dustbowl level - Wave 12. But I keep getting killed by Sammy - the light-blue colored plane that looks like a shark.

Plus there are at least 3 Singularity saucers and a few heavy fighters lobbing bombs.

I've tried playing with Guided missile planes as well as a Singularity saucer, but both didn't seem to fare well for Wave 12. Singularity saucers need some getting used to :( I have also tried Laser planes but they don't seem to do that well either.

Does anyone have any suggestion on a plane I could use to really defeat them? Kinda frustrating because it is the last level/wave I need before I unlock the little island to the left of the main island.

ok this is getting just insane.

i tried using heavier planes like the Neko Sora and it's alright. i mean i can get from Wave 10 - 12, but Wave 12 is just vicious! Especially with that annoying Sammy!

i then tried a plane with lasers, tough armor and lower than average speed. the first grey-colored plane in the laser column. again getting from Wave 10 - 12 is fine. It's surviving Wave 12 that is the problem :(

it's like a huge learning curve happened between Wave 11 and 12.