Spell Locations

kantizuni

I have now collected the achievement for myself, and can verify that all of these listed locations are correct to the best of my ability.

I may have still made a mistake, or not explained something clearly enough, and if that is the case please post here and i'll make sure it gets fixed.

IMPORTANT: There are two white magic spells (Shieldus and Barricadus) which can be missed. Make sure you pick these up at the listed location in order to get the Spell Locator Achievement. These two do NOT show up in the Auction House.

If anyone knows of a secondary location to find these two spells on disc 4, please let me know, and it will save a lot of people a headache.

NOTE: If you do not get the achievement right away, just wait a few minutes. It took me about 3 minutes of running around before I got the achievement, others have reported up to 10 minutes before it clicks in.

Thanks to ThePantsParty's thread here, for showing me where the invisible chests are.

First, the list of all spells in order so you can see what you're missing.

White Magic:

• Level 1: Heal - Cure Poison - Shield - Barricade
  • Level 2: Zephyr - Cure Poison - All-Shield - All-Barricade
  • Level 3: Cure Seal - Cover - Shine - Kelolon
  • Level 4: Heala - Cure Petrify - Erase - Dispel
  • Level 5: Zephyra - Cure-All - Shieldus - Barricadus
  • Level 6: Revive - All-Shieldus - All-Barricadus - Covera
  • Level 7: Healus - Heal Up - Reflect - Shinus
  • Level 8: Zephyrus - Resurrect - Coverus - Divide

Black Magic:

• Level 1: Flare - Aqua - Wind - Ground
  • Level 2: Sleep - Poison - Paralyze - Prism
  • Level 3: Seal - Stone - Curse - Force
  • Level 4: Flara - Aquara - Winda - Grounda
  • Level 5: Flare Mine - Aqua Mine - All-Curse - Prisma
  • Level 6: Wind Mine - Ground Mine - Jamming - Forcea
  • Level 7: Flarus - Aquarus - Windus - Groundus
  • Level 8: Prismus - Forceus - Leveler - Death

Spirit Magic:

• Level 1: Refresh - Shadow - Dodger - Chime
  • Level 2: Regenerate - Powera - Minda - Gamble
  • Level 3: Speeda - Slower - Ailment Void - Lost
  • Level 4: Refresha - Shadowa - Fear - Virus
  • Level 5: Regenera - Powerus - Mindus - Splitter
  • Level 6: Faster - Delay - Ailment Break - Reset
  • Level 7: Refreshus - Shadowus - Reversa - Random
  • Level 8: Regenerus - All-Powerus - All-Mindus - Sacrifice-Self

White Magic Locations:

Spells gained through simply levelling Cooke or through story:

• Level 1: Heal, Cure Poison
  • Level 2: Zypher, Cure Paralysis
  • Level 3: Cover Seal, Cover
  • Level 4: Heala, Cure Petrify, Erase, Dispel
  • Level 5: Zyphera, Cure All
  • Level 6: Revive, Covera
  • Level 7: Healus, Heal Up

As for the rest of them:

Level 1:

Shield - Mt. Ipsilon - Light the candle next to the beds in the hut.

Barricade - Mt. Ipsilon - Outside of the hut.

Level 2:

All Shield - Sea of Baus - Treasure Chest

All Barricade - Sea of Baus - Secret path on right side of stairs.

Level 3:

Shine - First location: Numara Main Street - NPC Lonely Chuchu - Play tag with the girl, then play Hide and Seek with her. She will be hiding in the back of Nalia's Item Shop. You have to use the side door. Second location (verified by me): Numara Main Street - Reunite the two people waiting for each other on different gondolas. You must go through the back door of Nalia's Item Shop to reach one of them (kind of redundant, eh?).

Kelolon - Numara - Ghost Town - Upstairs of Cooke and Mack's house.

Level 4:

None

Level 5:

Shieldus & Barricadus - Purchased from either Damiroh's Grab Bag (Experimental Staff) or Kessle's Tool Shop (Gohtza - Middle Town). Attention: These two spells must be purchased at one of these two points, when you arrive there, or they will be lost forever and you will NOT get the spells achievement.

Level 6:

All-Shieldus - Gohtza Refugee Camp - Chest in Lodging Tent.

All-Barricadus - Crashed Magic Train Site - Chest near save point.

Level 7:

Reflect - Grand Staff Part 2 - Magic Control Room. If you have trouble there is a nice little youtube video here: [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=W038GQigs-U]Lost Odyssey -p211- Grand Staff[/ame]

Shinus - Grande Staff - Armoury - Ride the moving platform across to the south. It's in a chest on the right.

Level 8:

Zephyrus - Uhra - Residential Area - Invisible Chest. Little dip on the southern edge of the playground area.

Resurrect - Kelolon Village - Purchase from Kelolon Shop.

Coverus - Mt. Ipsilon - Invisible Chest. Take the dead-end path leading south on the east side, just as you reach the Hut.

Divide - Kelolon Village - Beat the Kelolon King in the Tournament.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Magic Locations:

Spells gained through simply levelling Jansen or through story:

• Level 1: Flare - Wind
  • Level 2: Sleep - Prism
  • Level 3: Seal - Stone
  • Level 4: Flara - Aquara - Winda - Grounda
  • Level 5: Flare Mine - Prisma
  • Level 6: Wind Mine - Jamming
  • Level 7: Flarus - Windus

As for the rest of them:

Level 1:

Aqua - Mt. Ipsilon - Mining Site - Chest - Up ladder on right side.

Ground - Mt. Ipsilon - Valley Road - Pot

Level 2:

Poison - Grand Staff Construction Base - Engineers Rest Room

Paralyze - White Boa - Engine Room - Chest

Level 3:

Curse - Crimson Forest - Dungeon Shrine - Chest outside boss room.

Force - Complete first Cubic Music Score mini-game.

Level 4:

None.

Level 5:

Aqua Mine - Experimental Staff - Operations Division - Chest

All-Curse - Uhra - Sewers - Bottom of a waterway. This is the one we all had trouble with. Three grates: 1, 2, 3 from bottom to top. Close 3. Open 2. Open 1. Close 1. Close 2. Open 3. Close 3. Open 2. Climb down ladder.

Level 6:

Ground Mine - Gohtza - Purchase from Raihel's General Store

Forcea - Burning Cave - Path of Darkness - Chest hidden in poisonous gas.

Level 7:

Aquaus - Grand Staff - Engine Section - Hang a right as you enter, it is in a chest up the second ladder you see to the north.

Groundus - Grand Staff - Engine Section - This place is a maze, but i'm sure you'll find it. ;)

Level 8:

Prismus - Sea of Baus - Invisible Chest at end of right-hand fork. Very easy to find.

Forceus - Mt. Ipsilon - Invisible Chest right behind the save point on the mountain peak where you fought the first boss.

Leveler - Snowfields of the Northern Land - Kill Blue Dragon. Follow the direction that the blue orbs are coming from. Make sure all members have "Persistance" set to avoid the one-hit-kill spell and it should die easily.

Death - Northern Cape - Invisible Chest. Follow the northeast path, you can't miss it.

Spirit Magic Locations:

Spells gained through simply levelling Mack or through story:

• Level 1: Shadow - Chime
  • Level 2: Powera - Minda
  • Level 3: Speeda - Slower
  • Level 4: Shadowa - Fear
  • Level 5: Powerus - Mindus
  • Level 6: Faster - Delay
  • Level 7: Shadowus - Random

As for the rest of them:

Level 1:

Refresh - Crimson Forest - Near Swamp - Ride spirit lift and break the block.

Dodger - Crimson Forest - Dungeon Shrine - Cubic Music Score 2. Complete music mini-game in Numara.

Level 2:

Regenerate - Numara Atoll - Chest on the far east side. It's slightly hidden behind a rock outcropping.

Gamble - Tosca Village - Win Kelolon Statues mini-game. There are 16 total. I just found the one that was being elusive to me, so i'll share a quick description of where to find them. Outside: Top of look-out tower. Middle of pond. Front of boarded house. Two at north exit. One at top of ladder directly to the left of those two. Two in front of waterfall. One behind waterfall (jump over the rocks). Three up ladder to left of waterfall. One left of these stairs behind the house. One on top floor of inn. One in each of the other two buildings.

Level 3:

Ailment Void - Northern Cape - Treasure Hunt item. Hunt starts with 1000 Year Dream "So Long, Friend." Dream acquired at Tosca Inn after Old Sorceress Mansion.

Lost - Old Sorceress Mansion - Hermitage - Mirrors puzzle in room right before the boss. Flip the switches and walk across.

Level 4:

Refresha - Black Cave - Hell Trap - In a chest. Follow the left path going north.

Virus - Old Sorceress Mansion - Outside behind the chest. Treasure Hunt item. Hunt starts in Tosca Village Inn.

Level 5:

Regenera - City of Saman - Oreego's Emporium - Pot

Splitter - City of Saman - Port of Saman - End of the dock. Treasure Hunt item. Hunt starts in Saman. Recover the money for Weasely Talio on main street, and he will reward you with a Hunt clue.

Level 6:

Ailment Break - Burning Cave - Path of Strange Rocks - Very tall pillar with a chest on top. Ram the pillar and the chest will fall down behind it.

Reset - The Great Ancient Ruins - Astral Square - Chest with Seth's group.

Level 7:

Refreshus - Numara - White Square - West side of central waterfall. Treasure Hunt item. Hunt starts in Numara - Thelran's Inn.

Reversa - Numara - Ghost Town - City of Ruins - All the way at the north end, just before Funeral Beach entrance. Treasure Hunt item. Hunt starts at Numara - Canal Street - Sanuman Family House.

Level 8:

Regenerus - Ice Canyon - Invisible Chest in raised section behind where the boss was. Come in from the North. Right next to the Royal Seal.

All-Powerus - Ghotza - Low Town - Invisible Chest. About the middle section of town. Ladder that leads down to a balcony.

All-Mindus - Gohtza Refugee Camp - Invisible Chest in the hot springs. Take the ladder down, and climb up the next one.

Sacrifice Self - Temple of Enlightenment - Kill Legendary Spirit Sorcerer Fu

None of them are missable. Kessle's Tool Shop is in Low Town of Gohtza, on the top floor of that "Abandoned" Apartment building. The same building the Backyard is in, next to the save point.

Description has been updated to reflect this.

On 10th floor there is Raihel's General Store. It has tho shopping crelcs with only Ground Mine.

Where is Kessler?

I went back and looked, and checked the other boards...

I was mistaken about Low Town, the store is in Middle Town.

All the information on other boards says that if you miss buying this spell then you are hooped, I don't think that is right, because you should be able to go back and get anything you're missing for the achievements... i'll check into this some more.

I hope you can't miss spells, because i'm missing one.

[spoiler=kantroxors]

Reflect, in Grand Staff. When the Staff split in two, there was one room I didn't check before the cutscene, and i'm afraid it might have been in there. I'm unsure because I never found a Magic Control Room. Maybe that room is on the other half of the Staff?

is there any chance they will bring an update to include the spells in the auction house?im so mad i dont have them

I don't think so. It's not a glitch. Many of jRPGs have missable staff. Lost Odyssey is one of them. Even if we know that developers tried hard to exclude this kind of staff.

Great guide. I now have a complete spellbook, but upon getting my last spell I did not get the achievment. Do I need to do something special?

Edit: I got the achievment about 3 minutes after getting the last spell. For some reason it didn't trigger or show up, but then was magically added to my gamerscore.

When do spells start showing up in the auction house? all i ever see there is mana herbs and such. is there another auction house besides the one in saman? the spell im missing is "Reflect" in white magic. also does anybody know what to do after you killed those undead guys that gongora sends after you im stuck.thanks.

Then you have to go to the second part of Grand Staff, because the cutscene shows it being split in two.

The reason you don't have Reflect is because it is on the second half, so you haven't been there yet (which is why it isn't in the auction house).

Spells are only in the auction house if you can't go back to the location they are found in.