Xbox Becoming Banned in US

Gamerdude5448

Motorola: You stole and copied our idea! We just now noticed years later!

Microsoft: You mad, bro?

Motorola: We are owned by a company called Google. Ever heard of it? Maybe you should Bing it...We are going to sue you!

Microsoft: Come at me, BRO!

Motorola: Why do you keep saying that? Are you even listening? You'll have your consoles banned from being sold!

Microsoft: We have the new 350GB consoles coming out anyways and we modified your idea and changed it enough to be our own. Windows 8 is coming out too along with a new lineup of tablets and phones. We signed a major deal with Nokia. Your company was just "consumed". Want a few billion to STFU?

Before I begin I just wanted to say I'm not trying to be rude. I've got nothing against you. Anyway..

This is the kind of thing that makes me embarrassed to be part of the gaming culture. It seems that wherever I go.. whenever I read the comments about the matter it's always the same. Sure.. every now and then there will be a thought out post about the situation. But for the most part.. it's stuff like this. The only word I can think of is fanboyism.. is that even a word?!

I don't know the whole situation honestly. But I at least know enough about it to be able to talk about it. It's really not that simple.. for starters this whole thing has been going on for awhile.

It's not something that Motorola just noticed either. Pretty much the whole reason this is happening is because way back in 2010 Motorola asked for a certain precent of the sale price on the products that had their patents in it. Microsoft said no.. to much for them. That's pretty much what started this.

Don't look at the situation as a gamer just because there is a console involved. What is comes down to is IP.. if someone stole your shit and didn't give you a cut how would you feel? Not saying it's as clear cut as that but that sums it up mostly.

Seeing to many people supporting Microsoft with no knowledge on the matter just because they think they'll have their games taken away if they don't win the case.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I begin I just wanted to say I'm not trying to be rude. I've got nothing against you. Anyway..

This is the kind of thing that makes me embarrassed to be part of the gaming culture. It seems that wherever I go.. whenever I read the comments about the matter it's always the same. Sure.. every now and then there will be a thought out post about the situation. But for the most part.. it's stuff like this. The only word I can think of is fanboyism.. is that even a word?!

I don't know the whole situation honestly. But I at least know enough about it to be able to talk about it. It's really not that simple.. for starters this whole thing has been going on for awhile.

It's not something that Motorola just noticed either. Pretty much the whole reason this is happening is because way back in 2010 Motorola asked for a certain precent of the sale price on the products that had their patents in it. Microsoft said no.. to much for them. That's pretty much what started this.

Don't look at the situation as a gamer just because there is a console involved. What is comes down to is IP.. if someone stole your shit and didn't give you a cut how would you feel? Not saying it's as clear cut as that but that sums it up mostly.

Seeing to many people supporting Microsoft with no knowledge on the matter just because they think they'll have their games taken away if they don't win the case.

It's not that Motorola was asking for a cut. It's how much of the cut Motorola was asking for. They're essentially asking for 30% of ALL sales. That's not 30% of profits, it's 30% of everything before operating costs, R&D costs, and everything else is taken out. It amounts to BILLIONS of dollars.

You don't think that will be bad for MS? It will cripple them. I'm sure if they asked for something reasonable, MS would give it up. How do I know? Look at the last big xbox-related patent issue MS faced (the rumble technology). They didn't even fight that, they just paid up. Sony fought (and eventually gave in....) but MS did not.

Why? Because the company was not being unreasonable, and it was in MS's interest to settle the matter and not throw hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars at lawyers because it was cheaper than just settling for, again, SEVERAL BILLION DOLLARS.

Also, if you really want to know what started this whole thing, it was actually a suit by MS against Moto back in 2009 about their use of a scheduling system that MS has patents to. This whole wireless thing is just Moto's response.

http://www.unwiredview.com/2010/10/03/microsoft-vs-motorola-what-exactly-moto-is-getting-sued-for-and-what-does-it-mean-for-android/

Edited by Worhammer

Who cares? Everyone and their grandmothers own one of these shitty consoles... If you want to play games and don't have a console just buy a PS3 and get some amazing exclusives... Or get a wii and play some Mario. Everyone wins except MS... Which is plenty fair for them not focusing on puttin out new exciting IPs

Even if this does happen, I will NOT want to miss Halo 4. I will have it somehow.