Xbox Becoming Banned in US

Gamerdude5448

Apparently, a judge proclaimed that the Xbox used a WIFI patent by Motorola and he says the Xbox should be banned from sale ENTIRELY in the United States. This is the same thing that got the Xbox banned in Germany apparently. What are your guy/girl's thoughts? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuZLlM24ao&feature=g-all-u]Xbox 360 Sales Banned In The US? - IGN News - YouTube[/ame]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's right...

"The two models deemed to infringe the patent are both the 4GB and 250GB Xbox 360 Slim versions of the Xbox 360, which use technology patented by Motorola related to 'secure wireless communication and transmission of video content between controller devices and game consoles'."

This whole situation is rather complicated honestly. Is the console banned in Germany? Yes.. is it being enforced? No. Why? Because of a U.S. court.

So as to the question at hand... will it happen in the US? No. If it does I would be shocked.

Microsoft said the same thing about Germany the courts will rule in our favor. OH NO, its OVER, the thrill is OVER what will we do for FUN now …. Everyone makes mad dash to ps3 network by end of summer. Who cares the world is going under and they want to ban a game system ….the world paper currencies are all about to crash and burn, and China sits in the wing with 3 trillion dollars ready to take over America, and we’re worried about this chit … who cares go ride a bike, play baseball, get out and walk, read a book, help your friends paint their house …. Big deal at least we’ll save money.

:Bounce:

There is no need to panic Americans, us Australians have had our government banning xbox games for years now. The great thing about a global economy based around supply and demand is, if you want it, you can get it and usually much cheaper than what the corporate fat cats would like you to be paying.

Maybe ms is introducing that new xbox sooner than later.

And what if that console also contains the same crap or something similar which is Motorola's?

Back to the drawing board.

The console won't be banned. America, as corrupt as the system can be, they will find a way to sort out the problem. Besides, it's not like Microsoft haven't found themselves in trouble before - United States versus Microsoft

There is no need to panic Americans, us Australians have had our government banning xbox games for years now. The great thing about a global economy based around supply and demand is, if you want it, you can get it and usually much cheaper than what the corporate fat cats would like you to be paying.

Um... Don't games in Australia still cost $100 based on an old exchange rate and the rationale for not adjusting the price was that $100 was what people were used to paying for new games?

The true saviour is Canada. We sold you black market Coke Classic during that whole "New Coke" thing, we can sell you black market Slim 360s. At a massively inflated price, of course.

Um... Don't games in Australia still cost $100 based on an old exchange rate and the rationale for not adjusting the price was that $100 was what people were used to paying for new games?

Yeah, because our economy was in a mess during the 90's we paid outrageous prices and these outrageous prices never changed over the years despite our economy today being one of the strongest.

What i was referring to in regards to a ban on a product and a global economy, was like what you said, there will always be someone outside your borders willing to sell you the product. I import almost all of my games from Hong Kong and pay only $50-$60, instead of the $100-$110 even for banned games.

Yeah, because our economy was in a mess during the 90's we paid outrageous prices and these outrageous prices never changed over the years despite our economy today being one of the strongest.

Heh, and they wonder why we're turning to the net to buy stuff.

Anyway back on topic, I don't think it will happen, they'll find some loophole.

Are they serious? That's absolutely ridiculous. Probably one of those judges that thinks videogames turn people into serial killers, just our luck.

I don't see this happen any time soon. I may have very little faith in the system, but it's still something. They can't do that.

And if they do somehow manage to ban them, surely you can import them. I didn't know about Germany, but if they feel like taking those BMWs and Audis for a tour on the autobahn, might as well hop across the border to the Netherlands and buy one of them here. Things can be banned on the entire planet, it won't happen in the Netherlands.

And no one is taking my Xbox from me.

They can have my Xbox when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Edited by RuYi