What do you think of my dad's car?

Gamerdude5448

Your dad sounded like a kid on Christmas morning:p

Love the body, reminds me of the Quattroporte. What's the mileage/recharge time like? Certainly seems to have a lot of power.

Although it won't change my opinion on electric cars (I despise them with a passion;))

It has a range of 300 miles on 1 charge but it depends as the car has regen brakes that give it more power when you brake. The world record for one charge is around 400 miles. You can charge it over-night or use a special charger that charges from 0% to 100% in 2 hours or so

Edited by Gamerdude5448

Problem is that Teslas are expensive. They aren't a working man's car yet. I saw some at the LA Auto Show back in December though and they were sweet.

Yeah, they are expensive. 100,000$ U.S.. Also, the order list is long as hell. My dad waited 3 years to get the car after he ordered it. It's quite the money saver after you do get one though. But, since it isn't a high production car, it has a bunch of problems. All are being worked on by the Tesla company. The car itself can have all its parts replaced easily. Every part in the car can be replaced, so it isn't too much trouble. But, it is the 1st generation of the car so it's going to have it's problems.

• 2 months later...

You'll save money on gas, but I wonder how much it costs to juice it up.

I can see these easily filling the role of "cars of the future"... but there are still going to be many people who prefer a standard automobile. Not just because the entry price of an electric car is generally more expensive than one with a combustion engine, but because there are some people that would much rather lift the hood and find mechanical parts, rather than extra trunk space.

Give me one of these any day...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/62/1993_JZA80_Toyota_Supra_SZ.jpg/280px-1993_JZA80_Toyota_Supra_SZ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Eh, it's OK, but I still prefer my beast:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5mUspaMBmDje8LTLXLAtLwuMj2fARzT8m9WHg6YA4O2sOAnfqzQ

No no, this:

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/0/0d/Mariokartwii.yoshiart.jpg/478px-Mariokartwii.yoshiart.jpg

Give me one of these any day...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/62/1993_JZA80_Toyota_Supra_SZ.jpg/280px-1993_JZA80_Toyota_Supra_SZ.jpg

And this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXUxDiTgjfVWd0k9cdkgXY0CWfm_GRonk4b5eqQcN4NmRIRee8

And OP: Is your Dad Al Gore? I asked this because of your gamertag. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...