How to get "S"-Ranks?

Zetenge

So i beat the game on Normal and had only 3 "S"-Ranks. The Rest were "A's" and just a couple B's.

So i replayed some Episodes and everytime i get this:

Time: S

Synch: S

When i spend more time fighting, ignoring the "RT" so trigger the next Event i get this:

Time: D

I didnt even unlocked the secret Episode.

Does somebody got some useful tips or "easy" Episodes? How does Difficulty effect the rating?

So i beat the game on Normal and had only 3 "S"-Ranks. The Rest were "A's" and just a couple B's.

So i replayed some Episodes and everytime i get this:

Time: S

When i spend more time fighting, ignoring the "RT" so trigger the next Event i get this:

Time: D

I didnt even unlocked the secret Episode.

Does somebody got some useful tips or "easy" Episodes? How does Difficulty effect the rating?

Difficulty doesn't have any effect on what rating you get. Easy episodes to get S rank on are:

Episode 1

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 9

Episode 10

Episode 11

Episode 13

Episode 14

Episode 2 gave me a few problems on not giving me an S rank. Usually i would obtain a B in points, but i'd get an S rank in Time, and Synch. But try out those episodes and try to get an S Rank. You should be able to do Episode 10 easily, and Episode 11 is just the boss fight against Augus if you didn't S rank that, then i'd recommend that one.

For getting Battle Points, i'd try to do Dive Kicks, Uppercuts, Counters, the special move when they're on the ground, and try to get some long B combos in as well. I think the game gives you more points for having a variation of moves

I'd worry about the time and sync, usually with battle points you gotta do the counter when it tells u to hit y or b and use different moves and press A when it pops that gets u back on ur feet, Its easier to focus on 2 that u kno u can get S on and try and do your best to get A on the 3rd one still giving you an S rank....

1.A

2.S

3.S

Rank total S the longest u get one A and 2 S,S you'll always end up with an S-Rank

I'd worry about the time and sync, usually with battle points you gotta do the counter when it tells u to hit y or b and use different moves and press A when it pops that gets u back on ur feet, Its easier to focus on 2 that u kno u can get S on and try and do your best to get A on the 3rd one still giving you an S rank....

1.A

2.S

3.S

Rank total S the longest u get one A and 2 S,S you'll always end up with an S-Rank

Actually it would be

S

A

S

if he was going to try and only get an A on Battle Points :)

Then who the hell can explain this to me ? I had a similar issue with episode 3 where I had all 3 categories "S" but overall "A", but I replayed without skipping the tutorial & ended up with all 3 "S"http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=333440083360460&set=a.333440080027127.68631.100000834131660&type=3

Then who the hell can explain this to me ? I had a similar issue with episode 3 where I had all 3 categories "S" but overall "A", but I replayed without skipping the tutorial & ended up with all 3 "S"http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=333440083360460&set=a.333440080027127.68631.100000834131660&type=3

Having finished the game 4 times now and getting all of the achievements... I can honestly say I have no idea WTF happened there. 0_o

Sounds like the games' ranking system is a bit buggy in some copies of the game. I've been lucky enough to not have any issues with my rankings; just took me some time to get the battle points to an A or S consistently.

To those wondering what the best way at getting at least an A in battle points with S in time and synch, simply focus on going quickly and hitting those synch moments, but when battling on the ground, make sure you're always using combos, uppercuts, and dives. My combo variation goes: combo, uppercut, midair combo, dive bomb. If the enemy's on the ground and ready for a special attack, I usually hit them with a short combo a bit more before going into the special.

The only time I came across issues with this method was against the elephants, simply because they're a challenge to hit for most of the fight, and you really risk losing your time ranking the most damage you try to do. Easiest to settle for an A ranking on those fights, while taking potshots at the trunk when you don't have a clear hit.

I know your prob and saw it myself but it isnt a bug. It just displays your "best" Result in that specific category.

Here is an example:

1.Playthrough

Points - 5000 - A

Time - 5:00 - A

Synch - 100% - S

Result: A

2. Playthrough

Points - 6000 - S

Time - 4:00 - S

Synch - 10% - D

Result : A

So you got "A" at both playthrough, but when you now look at your Episode-Overview it will show this:

Points - 6000 - S

Time - 4:00 - S

Synch - 100% - S

Result A

because it shows the Points, Time, Synch and Result you ever had and does not depend on one specific playthrough.

I hope i could describe this understandable enough.

i found 2 easy to S but 3 ive only manged an A on all 3 difficalties

working in my mortal run hopefully the new gauge will help

Are you talking about the Obliterator Gauge? That really does help heaps.

Since it gives you a Maximum Unlimited bar, then you can just spam Heavy Attacks, Special Attacks, and do dive kicks, and uppercuts in between to get a good score every time. Also when doing certain battles, don't do burst right when the bar fills up, and constantly attack the enemy for another 10 seconds before bursting. It will help build points.

yes i was im on 15 atm asura defeted me he does load of damage never had a good strat for him id use to just fill the unlimited gauge and go to town on him but . . .

you still take damage with it up so it gets tough (or at least yasha is notice it in 14 gomah were still damaging him)

yes i was im on 15 atm asura defeted me he does load of damage never had a good strat for him id use to just fill the unlimited gauge and go to town on him but . . .

you still take damage with it up so it gets tough (or at least yasha is notice it in 14 gomah were still damaging him)

Yeah, i've noticed that. You always take damage during boss fights when they're just One on One it seems like.

What i did to beat Asura was i kept jumping and dive kicking, then hitting him a few times, then back away if he didn't get knocked down by that. Just keep jumping at him and beating on him as fast as you can, and he won't be able to hit you too much.

Anyone have any advice to earn battlepoints on chapters 6 and 15? those are the only 2 chapters I need and I keep getting a "B" in battlepoints. Any ideas would be a great help.

-Thanks

:)

Dodge a lot, then when there's an opening try to use uppercut and do a midair Combo if you can. Don't worry about time, and do a lot of heavy attacks, dive attacks, and uppercuts since those give you 20 battle points a piece. Also when your burst bar is full don't use it right away, and try to get in some more hits before you do.

Edited by EliteShadowMan

Here's a tip which might save you a lot of time and get you some extra battle points:

When you get unlimited mode, use the launcher to knock people down, and do the Y-button special attack on them while they're on the ground. You should be able to do this two or three times before running out of unlimited, and sometimes the special attack even knocks down other enemies, so you can do it on them too directly after. Gives you a lot of burst, and I think those special attacks give you quite a bit of battle points.