Achievement Guide

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if ive found a glitch or something

but its for the Healing Achievement where u need to heal 30 allies,

well i was on The Shire mission. and i was a mage i healed about 5 people, then the postman posted me letter so i paused it and all of a sudden i got the achievement. so not sure if its a glitch or its working as in tended but to note i was on coop game mode.

so not sure if its a real thing but ya'll could try it or perhaps i just did heal 30 peeps in one life but its the start of the mission.

• 2 weeks later...

I jumped on top of one of the houses straight down the road you enter scene from for this achievement as well as the headshot achievement. It was either this house for one of the achievemtns and the house right next to it for the other one. Also when on top of the houses, NPC's are not able to hit your character. Killing that many hobbits was tedious but if you use flame arrows and shoot at a group near the hous you are on it gets 3-5 in one shot and then just shoot one at atime while flame arrow recharges. Never an easier achievement once I did this.

For the scout kills, and the mage, and the blade achievements I went to the middle of the Hobbit town where their are 4 farms and fencing separating them. I was able to do all these except the bow/archery achievements by simply keeping an eye out for the trees and then jumped between the fences as hobbits approached and it. I occ. hid in this open shed once in a while if my life starting decreasing. then came back out and it was really quick to get these achievemnts that way. This kept any of the big trees away and then really only had to keep eye out for the bad guys on horses and the hobbits occ. hit me but it was not enough to kill me and i quickly finished them off with the combo attacks for each type character I used.

• 2 weeks later...
not sure if ive found a glitch or something

but its for the Healing Achievement where u need to heal 30 allies,

well i was on The Shire mission. and i was a mage i healed about 5 people, then the postman posted me letter so i paused it and all of a sudden i got the achievement. so not sure if its a glitch or its working as in tended but to note i was on coop game mode.

so not sure if its a real thing but ya'll could try it or perhaps i just did heal 30 peeps in one life but its the start of the mission.

The allies with the 'health sign' above their head aren't the only ones who get healed. They are just the ones who need urgent healing. All the people around that person are healed too.

Also something to note:

I joined a Capture the Ring with one other player on The Shire. He left during the 'warm-up' and I captured all 3 rings with the 3rd being Frodo and the achievement unlocked. So next time you join a CTR game, play it by yourself.

Interesting Fact: On Pellenor Fields, playing as an Orc Mage, I was able to get the Lightning Kills and 30 Kills achievements by killing the HORSES. This did not seem to work for the Witch King or Archer or anyone else though it seems, at least for the "class specific" achievements. They may still count towards a "kill count".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Boosting doesn't take that long at all actually as long as you stay on track

Also, I found a rather quick way on doing the "Rain of Fire" achievement. This works best if you do it while doing the Evil campaign at the same time. While of the Mines of Moria level (as evil) some of the objectives are to killed a "ringbearer" or something like that, and when you kill them and pick up the ring, you gain an advantage in strength. So, when you kill the mage with the ring (I think this is the second last objective) the ring gives you a quick recharge of all your special powers.

So with the ring in hand, it says to "kill 25 gondorians" and the achievement is "kill 25 enemies with fire arrows in one life as the archer" so since yor fire arrows charge after 1 second now with the ring you can pop off fire arrows very fast, and since it will say after each kill "1 of 25 gondorians killed" and so on, you can keep track of how many kills you have left for the achievement, granted that every kill you get is with the fire arrows< but this is still quite easy.

this could also be applied to the other "kill" achievements too, since the rings power you up tremendously and you can get kills easier.

Hope this helped.

I know you're probably not updating this guide anymore , but if you are having trouble getting mythril armor, you can plug in a second controller and play the level with a different account while your main account stays in the character selection screen, when the mission ends, the achievement will unlock for you.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...