Both ending achievements AND ranger easy / hardcore in ONE PLAYTHRU!!

Ibanez V7

Thank you deadly doll and billjones0302. If the enlightened ending isn't even needed, this makes it even easier, especially for those people who already have 1K and need to run through again for the ranger achievements.

However, it may be that you need to have done both endings previously for this to work. How it originally went down was something like this:

I finished the game, got the bad ending and as the achievement guide suggests, reloaded my last checkpoint to get the other ending. I figured I'd set the difficulty to ranger easy to see if I could get that too. Forgot to shoot the console, didn't get Survivor. Tried again, this time shooting the console and got both Survivor and the enlightened ending achievement.

So my advice would be to go for the enlightened ending if you don't already have both ending achievments, otherwise just blast through the game and use consecutive bad endings to get Survivor and Last Man Standing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished my first playthrough on normal, which I spent trying to get enlightened..of course I screwed up somewhere and didn't get the responses you need from the dark ones. I tried shooting the laser anyway..about 20 times and still nothing. But, I decided to reload my game for the two ranger achievements and lo and behold, one shot to the laser worked on both ranger completions. I'm assuming they basically gave me enlightened because I had the other one already? I have a feeling this would work for people who didnt try for enlightened too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If I can actually make it through this crappy L4D clone...I will try this just because I'm an achievement whore!
Might as well call L4D a Resident Evil clone. This is the Survivor Horror genre which L4D did sure not originiate.

Thank you, OP. You saved me hours, yes, hours of two more playthroughs. Off to one more (hopefully) to knock down Explorer and finish this amazing game. I loved every minute of it the first time. :)

• 1 month later...

just letting people know this worked still as of july 11 2011. i had lost all my save data for all my games on my hard drive so i just started a new game on regular easy. going through i got all the other achieves for the dlc as i had the original 1k already and then beat the game and got the bad ending. i then followed the steps in the first post but instead of exiting to the main menu then starting i exited to the main menu then quit to dashboard and then reloaded the game and followed the steps and got both ranger achieves.

thanks OP. just figured id let people know it still worked :

i was scared that it might not then i would of ended up doing 3 runs instead of the 1 lol. enjoy!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still works as of 10/16/11.

Completed game on easy with "bad" ending.

Went to dashboard.

Went to game, went to continue.

Last checkpoint loaded, changed to Ranger Easy.

Exited out of game properly.

Clicked continue, checked to make sure was on Ranger Easy.

Completed game with "good" ending.

Got both achievements.

Did same for Ranger Hardcore. Used good ending again and I still got it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

All you have to do is finish the game, ending doesn't matter. Once you are done go back to the title screen choose continue and when you get back into the game change the options to whatever difficulty you want unlocked and the hit 'A' to save changes, quit to main menu. Now continue the game again, complete the ending and once you finish you should get whatever achievement for the difficulty you selected previously. No need to worry about endings. You obviously have to have the dlc and I had it installed from before I started. As I'm typing this I was able to trigger the enlightened ending the 3rd time I was doing this, even though I was unable to earn it the first 2 times, so you might try shooting over the guidence system even if you don't think you got the other ending.