Is it worth the points?

Fiery Vyxen

ME2 really needs to stop with the add-ons for this game already. I always seem to buy the damn things, restart the game to get to the new content just for another one to come out. Before I waste good gameplay time and the money, is it worth the point or am I better off with sinking the cash into the pre-order or ME3?

I don't think it's worth it, and I've spent too much money on this game already! Haha, I guess they're just trying to bridge the gap between ME 2 and 3, but the dlc should at least be 400 points or something cheaper. It gets to a point where spending as much on DLC as the real game makes you wonder if it's just the company squeezing any last revenue out of the community...

ME2 really needs to stop with the add-ons for this game already. I always seem to buy the damn things, restart the game to get to the new content just for another one to come out. Before I waste good gameplay time and the money, is it worth the point or am I better off with sinking the cash into the pre-order or ME3?

why have you been restarting the game to play the dlc? You know you can just load up a save file (maybe one from after you beat the game) and start the dlc from there. Also why buy them if you dont want them? its not like your going after achievements or care about the storyline since you want them to stop making new content. And judging from your gamercard you haven't even bought any of the dlc's so I really dont know what the deal is.

The bottom line in that the dlc is good. its about 2 hours long if you dont rush through it on an easy setting and I found it well worth the money. $5 is nothing. I could buy a pizza slice and a drink which would last me less than 10 minutes and cost me more than this dlc. So compare that to 2 hours of solid content that bridges the gap into ME3 and I'd say its very worth the money.

Because unless it's like a weapons add on where it mystically drops into the game, I always restart. It's a paranoia about missing something.

Okay. But how can you miss anything when the game gives you the opportunity to play after you beat the game? I beat the game twice during the first week of release and I've been playing the dlc missions from my last save files. that way I have the game 100% complete and when the dlc comes I just pop in the disc and play it. Once i finish it i'm back to 100%.

I'm not sure it's worth it unless you are a big ME fan. Personally I feel I should have waited until it was on offer as it's not very long at all, it feels like a side mission if I'm being honest.

560mp for about 90 minutes of gaming isn't great value especially when I compare it to ShadowBroker which I got on offer for 400mp.

Only reason to go for it now is to keep the 100% completion.

• 3 months later...

I found the other DLC packs to be more entertaining but I still don't regret buying this one. It feels as if the events of the DLC will actually impact the events of ME3 in some way.

The DLC pack is very easy to beat though. I beat Insanity with zero effort and the achievements are really easy to get too.

I would say its the second worst

Lair>Overlord>arrival>kasumi

It has a decent story and a bit of leading up to ME3, but the actual mission was a bit ho-hum, the only real problem I had with kasumi was length and the fact that I never really used her....so arrival to me just barely beat it out because of those things

I should have waited for it to be on sale, because I dont think Kasumi or Arrival are worth 7

so yeah wait for the sale that should be coming up everybody

and and lol at having to restart game because of DLC...

Edited by KNIGHTOFSERA

this is just milking our funds, i mean u soend 560msp for overlord and u get 25G for it! the only one worth playing is the shadow broker as it actually ties into the main story. if i manage to complete this game on insane, i might buy the dlc to max out my chievos, we'l wait and see.

You could just play the game for fun you know. Yes, I KNOW I'm on an achievement website, but when Achievements become the sole reason for spending 560-800 points on DLC, I have to wonder whether the systems gone FUBAR in some respects.

By the way, it's 280 points now, is it worth that price?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...