7 New Maps

Pheonix_Assassin

Found this on bungie

Alright, guys, long post here. (I guess)

For those who missed it

Right after the update got out, I went to the "Heatmap" section of the site to see if there were any sudden changes in that section. I noticed that there were 7 blank bars where map names should be. Each of which were blank, and when you clicked them, the heatmap wouldn't show up, and it was marked as "Secret".

There is currently no screenshots for your eyes to lay on, but hopefully if somebody can post one, it would be great.

My theory

Bungie's plans can be some-what sneaky, a lot. Which makes the community more engaged in the surprises that Bungie has to offer.

Obviously the Webteam didn't make the mistake of airing up the "Secret" bars, if they did, then it would have automatically gone down so people couldn't lay their eyes on. However, these stayed up a good 30 minutes, they wanted this.

Now, let's think of the maps we have here for an explanation of what could fill up the section.

- Assembly

- Longshore

- Orbital

- Heritic

- Sandbox

- Citadel

Now, take those names for whatever maps you think they are, I'm not going to get into a map theory.

Alright, so those maps fill up 6 spaces. What? Six? No way, this must be a mistake. There were 7 slots, not 6.

True, and what I've thought about is; What if Bungie was going to release a map for Halo 3's anniversary? You know, kind of like Cold Storage, for Bungie Day? Think about it. Bungie Day was huge, as always, and so is Halo 3's anniversary to the fans, and Bungie.

It would make sense for that, and later in the year to have a new map pack filled with 5 maps, possibly the last map pack in Halo 3's days.

To shut up everyone saying "Dude lol it's just those new forged maps Bungie is putting into the game", I'll get just a little bit into that.

Nah, not going to happen. Let's put all of the maps together, alright?

New Maps

- Assembly

- Longshore

- Orbital

- Heritic

- Sandbox

- Citadel

The New Added Maps into Matchmaking

- Epilogue

- Boundless

- Sand Tarp

- Pit Stop

----

Woah, that adds up to be 10 maps, right? "I don't get it. I guess Bungie just won't add those "Mythic Map Pack" maps into the Heatmaps."

Wrong. Why would Bungie, in the first place, add extreme-forge maps into the heatmaps when we already have the core maps in the heatmaps? I'll explain more.

By core maps, I mean the main basic maps that the forged maps are on.

For instance;

Epitaph = Epilogue

Boundless = Snowbound

Sand Tarp = Sand Trap

Pit Stop = The Pit

We already have all of those 4 main maps in heatmaps, why add another 4 in there for forged-varient maps? Doesn't make sense.

So, to sum it all up for people who can't read walls-o-text, and don't ever want to visit China, then here it is.

I think Bungie is going to release a map on Halo 3's anniversary, the 25th of September.

Cheers to all that read this!

[Edited on 09.18.2008 1:13 PM PDT]

Thank you index for the amazing post

heres the link to echievements of the skulls on the new map.

http://kotaku.com/5045137/rumor-new-batch-of-halo-3-achieveme nts-coming