Locations for all chests.

I started this game and soon after realised that some of the chests were gunna be a royal pain in the ass.

So I searched for a guide and nada. So here we are. My aim is to give you a list of locations which are easy to follow and not too confusing.

I don't wanna see any comments about how their already easy. I don't care.. I just wanna make it even easier for you all.

This guide is for use only on x360a.org unless permission is given by me. (Don’t want someone else getting credit for my time ;])

This is the locations of all the chests

I will write them down in the order that I collected them so you may not get them in the same order (for example, I did the ‘Defend the battlements’ objective first but you could do the ‘Find Susan’s Horn’)

Now before we start, the way you unlock chests is by collecting keys from on the floor. You need a certain number to unlock certain chests. Some use more, some use less.

There is an easy way to gain keys. On the first level, after you complete the objective called ‘Destroy the Telmarines’ War Machines, you will return to the courtyard you starting in. Now go to the main gate and pull of the two levers and it will say something like “you have already complete Destroy the Telmarines war machines… Do you want to restart it?” and you say No. This will boot you out to the main courtyard again with all the keys and items respawned. Repeat this until you have lots of keys and then they won’t be a problem..

I presume you can do this on most levels but this is where I collected a lot of keys.

**EDIT**

Something good to do isto do you're 15 co-op missions where it says in the guide (Find Susan's Horn) and pick up all the keys. You get 5 every time.

1.One at the right at the beginning

2.At the top of the stairs off to the right

3.Down the stairs to the left of #2

4+5. Behind the thrones behind the chest at the end of the level.

So thats like 75 keys right there

I had over 85 keys when I finished the game so this is a good way to do it. Just collect keys whenever you see them and keys will not be an issue for you.

Also, just to make it clear.. If you do happen to miss one then just finish the level and then select in again on the level select menu. All the objectives and tasks will already be complete so all you have to do is run to where the chest is, unlock it then run to one of the missions. It will ask you if you want to retry it and you say no. This will boot you back to the original starting area and will give you credit for the chest.

Now down to it.

Cair Paravel – 13 Chests - 52 Keys.

1. At the start of the level, its on the right side of the courtyard. You need 6 keys to unlock it.

2. While doing the ‘PROTECT THE BATTLEMENTS’ objective, this chest is on the far left of the battlement, be sure to get this before throwing any barrels at the archers or you’ll have to do the whole area again. You need 5 keys for this chest.

3. When you start the ‘FIND SUSAN’S HORN’ objective, directly after the cutscene, turn around and you’ll see it clear as day. This chest requires 4 keys to open it.

4. Also on ‘FIND SUSAN’S HORN’, when you go up the stairs to the balcony, head left and go up. The chest is here and needs 5 keys to open it.

5. The third and final chest on ‘FIND SUSAN’S HORN’ is after the big fight where you get surrounded by many Telmarines. After defeating them, head south, to the bottom left of the screen. This chest needs 2 keys to open it.

6. When you walk out of the main gate and start the ‘DESTROY THE TELMARINES’ WAR MACHINES’ objective, the first chest is directly to the right of the first war machine. (this machine is directly down when you enter the area) This chest needs 4 keys to open it.

7. After destroying the second War Machine, walk right and around the bush to find this chest. It requires 3 keys to open.

8. Before you destroy the third and final War Machine, run all the way to the western side of it and its clearly visible. This one needs 5 keys.

9. When you start the ‘Sink the Telmarines’ fleet mission, after putting the weight on the platform, DON’T go through the gate as I did or you will miss this and have to come and play the mission again. To the left of the platform you put the weight on, you will see a smashed church looking building (you’ll see stained glass). Move to the right of it and head up towards the fire. Then head to the left and you’ll see it. It needs 5 keys to unlock it.

10. After moving through the gate you opened with the weight, head down the stairs and fight your way through the people and head North. This chest is behind the stairs you came down and needs 2 keys to open.

11. Go back to the stair s and head South. The third chest from this objective is at the very south of this courtyard and also needs 2 keys to open it.

12. Now head up to the middle of the courtyard and head East to find a chest that requires 4 keys to open it.

13. After the second time you kill the large knight ( the second time you use the ballista) head downwards from the second ballista. It needs 5 keys to unlock it.

Edited by Alfman1

Ruins Of Cair Paravel – 17 Chests - 72 to 75 Keys

1. At the start of the level, you will be given the ‘SCALE THE CLIFFS’ objective. Run towards the cliff infront of you to trigger a cutscene. After the short movie move to the left and destroy some bushes that are touching the rock face.

This chest requires 3 keys.

2. After the first chest, move all the way to the West side of the beach to find a cave blocked by 5 rocks. Pick up a rock and move south-west. You will see some flashing circles in the water. Get the icon above them to give you a B icon and then drop the rock in. Repeat this 5 times. WARNING: This can and probably will be very frustrating as the game sometimes won’t give you the action icon straight away but it will work if you keep trying. Anyway, after repeating this 5 times. Walk across the rocks and voila!! Its there and it needs 2 keys.

3. When you enter the cave and get the ‘FIND THE GRAPPLING HOOK’ objective, you will be lighting fires along your way. After lighting your first one, you will see a chest to the right of the fire you just lit. It takes 2 keys to open this.

4. Soon after number 3 you will come to a bit where you have to fix a lever and then pull the lever to close a door. After the door is closed, head straight on down and the chest is again, very easy to see. It requires 3 keys to open.

5. After you turn the corner from 4, you will be run passed some wind. After the wind, you’ll see some stairs, run up them and press B while in the middle of this platform to pick up the lever (which isn’t visible AT ALL) and run back down quick before the bats munch you. Then fix the lever with you’re newly acquired lever part and pull it. A door will open, revealing the 5th chest of this level. How exciting. Oh and you only need 2 keys for this chest.

6. Once outside the cave and given ‘SCALE THE CLIFFS’ again, head East along the beach and use your newly equipped hook to climb into the cave. The chest right infront of you needs 2 keys to open it.

7. Shortly after 6 you will use your hook to go up the cliff. After a short cutscene you’ll be given the ‘EXPLORE THE RUINS’ objective, don’t go forward, head straight to the left and you’ll see the chest flashing behind some brambles.. Destroy them and then open the crate with 5 keys.

8. After 7 head back to the Ruins and run forward, keep going until you see some stairs with grey pieces leading up them. When up here, head straight to the top left and the chest is behind a tree. It needs 5 keys to unlock.

9. After getting this chest, head back down those stairs and go to the right of them. You’ll see a broken bit of wall. You have to grapple it… but in a weird way. Stand about 5 metres back from it and then grapple it (the action button will come up) after you’ve grappled, don’t move or it won’t work. Basically, after you’ve grappled it tap B and you’ll pull the wall down and there you go… another chest. This one also needs 5 keys to open it.

10. Shortly after number 9, you enter a door behind a statue. Down here there is a bug pit with two levers in it. Pull the lever on the left to raise a bridge to your right, then find the missing lever piece to the south-west of the pit and then fix the lever. This raises a platform to your left. Then leave the pit and go across the bridge on your right. Go all the way left over the left to find a chest. You need 5 keys to open this one aswell!

11. After 10, move on up for a cutscene, after this. I went right (to get a bow). A little into this cave, shortly after pulling a lever, you will see two target icons. To the left of these, is a chest. You need 5 keys to get its contents. This is the final chest in the area.

12. As soon as you finish the room, head towards the big pots slightly to the left of you and destroy them. Run forward. This is to ‘FIND LUCY’S CORDIAL’. Anyway, about a minute inside this room you get to… yeh you guessed it. Another bug pit yaaaay. As soon as you enter the pit head all the way right and you’ll see a B icon from behind some rocks. The chest is hidden from view here. It cost 7 keys so you best of been on the look out for them.

13. When you reach the ‘RESCUE TRUMPKIN’ objective head backwards and destroy some brambles to reveal a chest. You need 3 keys for this one.

14. From the last one, head all the way left and look at your mini map. You should see a gold square on it. Follow your map to it. I think you need 5 for this one. PLEASE SOMEONE CHECK THIS ONE AS I OPENED IT BEFORE LOOKING :(

15. From the one in the bottom left of the map (#14) run towards the water and its on the left in a little alcove. This one needs 3 keys to open it.

16. After you make you’re way across the river on the ‘FIND A SAFE WAY THROUGH THE WOODS’ mission. Have the bear run into the tree, then the brambles behind it. Finally run into where the bear broke the brambles and he’ll get caught. Now roll up the hole with Trumpkin and open the chest. Its worth 5 keys.

17. A while after the previous one, you get to a bit where you have to hook up to a cave to wake a bear up. Lure this bear to the log on the left and it’ll break. Then have the bear break the thorns on the right of this area and he’ll get caught. The next chest is in an area on the left, directly after the bear is trapped but you need to wake the bear up around the corner and have him break the thorns. This chest is worth 5 keys.

Edited by Alfman1

Miraz’s Castle Infiltration – 16 Chests – 62 Keys

1. At the start of the level, you will create some steps. After doing so, you have a choice of two paths. I chose the one where you shoot both of the targets above a door. Continue on to a breakable door (the game will prompt you) but don’t break it yet. Instead run off to the right of it and you will head down some steps. Use trumpkin to roll down the flashing hole and stand on the button to the right of where you exit (this allows the rest of the clan down.) Then pull the lever on the left and then spin the turn-wheel on the right. Now move over to the lever again and pull it. Then turn the wheel and repeat this until the gate at the bottom opens. Enter the gate and there it is. This chest needs 3 keys to open it.

2. As soon as you get #1, pull the lever to the right of it. This opens the door to #2. Run back up 1 set of stairs and move to the left, through the door you just opened. The chest is clearly visible in the northern part of this room. You need 5 keys for this one.

3. To the left of #2 you’ll see a black tower (with a fairly invisible rope attached to it). Just run into the tower from the right side until you jump up. Follow the rope to the top and chest number 3 awaits you. This chest needs 3 keys to open it.

4. This one is quite far into the ‘DEFEAT THE CASTLE GUARDS’ objective that you get by going through the breakable door I spoke of earlier. You will enter an area with just 1 bell below. (This is the second area with a bell. The first area has 2.) After defeating all the enemies below. When you’ve done so, stand with the bell to the right of you, the chest is in the top right hand room. So run back up the stairs you came down and enter the room and there is the chest. It needs 2 keys to open it.

5. In the third room with a bell in, it is on the top level, opposite to the side you came in. Again. Defeat the enemies, then run back up t he stairs and to the right to find it. It needs 3 keys.

6. After completing the previous objective, you’ll be booted back to the room you started in. Now go up the stairs and all the way to the right. Pull the lever and go through the door that it opens. In here you will have to complete a puzzle on the floor. This chest is on the right of the puzzle. It costs 2 keys to open it.

7. Shortly after #6, you’ll start the ‘DEFEAT THE SENTRIES ON THE TURRETS’ objective and get a cutscene with some gryphon’s in it. After this you will be on a birds back. Press B to land immediately and open the chest directly infront of you. You need a colossal 10 keys to open this bad boy.

8. After you fly up to the next tower, defeat all the guards and use the dwarf to rope up to the tower behind the bell. Climb the rope and at the top is a chest needing 5 keys to unlock it.

9. This one is directly opposite number 8. Its even on the same platform!! How lazy!

This one also needs 5 keys to unlock it.

10. After you finish the ‘DEFEAT THE SENTRIES IN THE TURRETS’ objective, you’ll again get booted back to the room you started in. Here, go up the stairs and head left. Go into the door here. You will get a cutscene and get the ‘BREAK INTO MIRAZ’S CHAMBER’ objective. You’ll solve a puzzle with a red and green ball. After this room you get a cutscene after walking towards a door. After this cutscene, the chest is in clear view and needs 4 keys to open it.

11. Shortly after the last chest, you will complete a puzzle that looks likes planets orbiting. This will open a door. Go through this door and head left. You’ll come to a painting on your right. Destroy it and there is a chest behind it. Its worth 3 keys.

12. You’ll hook a door and go through to get the ‘RESCUE CORNELIUS FROM THE DUNGEONS’ objective, When you go through the door. Head down the left stair case and with your back turned to the stairs, go all the way left. The chest is there. It requires 3 keys.

13. After you trap you’re first large guard in a metal cage, move on to the next room. Do the same to these two trolls.

After they’re trapped, head to the right of this room. Open the door with the chains (pull one and your partner will pull the other) and fetch the chest from inside. It costs 7 keys.

14. Now move towards the camera, and shoot the target above the gate here. There’s a lever inside. Pull the lever and a chandelier and turnwheel will drop. Pick up the turn wheel and put it in its rightful place. Turn it, enter the room on the left and chest #14 is yours. Its only takes 2 keys to open it.

15. When you get the ‘RESCUE EDMUND AND TRUMPKIN’ objective, the chest is on the right side of this room, although I would advise killing everyone before opening it. It requires 3 keys.

16. In the next room, the one with two bells up top. Its under the right hand bell. But again.. I’d advise defeating everyone first. You need 2 keys to unlock this chest.

Edited by Alfman1

Miraz’s Castle Assault – 11 Chests

1. At the beginning of this level, head left and switch to the new rat character. Go in the hole and all the way to the right to find your first chest. Its worth 6 Keys.

2. Now go all the way to the right side of this starting courtyard and find the chest that is in the darkness. Its worth 4 keys.

3. So from here, you have two options, go left for ‘RAISE THE PORTCULLIS’ or right for ‘LOWER THE DRAWBRIDGE’. I personally went right so lets go with that. After a minute or so into this mission, you will have the rat jump across a door and open it. After this, there is a hole for your two, teeny characters to go through. Once down here, make trumpkin use his hook to make the bridge, continue down and there is another hole. Go in it and theres the chest. It needs 5 keys.

4. Once you go back through the hole (the way you got down to number 3) head right and use the rat to jump up the stones on the wall. Press the button sequence correctly and a door will open. Go through. You’ll see the chest as soon as you enter and get a checkpoint. Defeat all the soldiers and then open this chest. Its worth 2 keys.

(Also I thought it was worth mentioning that the order to pull the levers is (from the left) 1-2-1-3.. I couldn’t find it anywhere)

5. After number 4 run along the path you came, enter the second small hole on the wall. ( this is one you just opened) Once down there, have trumpkin make a bridge and enter the room. Dispatch the guards and then head to the south of the room. You’ll see a doorway. Walkthrough it and there’s another chest. It needs 6 keys to open it.

6. After we complete the objective, we’ll again get booted to the main courtyard, now go to the left and open the door to enter the ‘RAISE THE PORTCULLIS’ objective. Solve the puzzle here ( by shooting targets and moving pieces into place) and then use the lift to go up top. Now as soon as you get off the list, the chest is back and to the left so nab it. It requires 5 keys to open it.

7. As soon as you start the ‘ASSAULT MIRAZ’S CASTLE’ objective, after pulling the two levers, the chest is directly infront of you, go to it and open it. I forgot to look how many keys but I think its 3.

8. After you defend the gate, a giant will come out of it. After the cutscene you’ll be in a different courtyard. You can see the chest right in front of you if you look closely. They’ll be a big black archway (its actually doors but it looks more like an archway from a distance) and the chest is just to the left of it. It requires 5 keys to unlock it.

9. Now run to your right and head up the stairs and left over the black archway I talked about earlier. The 9th chest is in the corner over the other side of the bridge. You need 8 keys to open this one.

10. From the black archway, head left and keep going all the way left. The chest is under some cover of a building with loads of pillars. You need 7 keys for this chest.

11. When you get the mission ‘SAVE CORNELIUS FROM THE STABLES’ head forwards and arrow the door. Defeat the heavy guard. You’ll now have control of Cornelius again. You can go left or right. For this chest, go right. (You have to go both ways anyway). As you enter the room, go directly down, and pull the lever to open a stable section. Pull the lever in that section. Now you’ll see the wall infront of the chest open. Its worth 3 keys and is now yours.

Edited by Alfman1

Aslan’s How – 17 keys

1. When you start the level, walk forward and turn the corner to the right. You’ll see a kinda door wedge shaped wooden thing with grey pieces under it. To the left of it, they is an alcove. Use Caspian to arrow the target and go and get the chest. You need 3 keys

2. Now head to the right large wooden door wedge and you’ll see a hookable cliff behind it. Make sure you don’t get caught in a volley of arrows as they kill you VERY quickly. Hook up there with Peter and unlock the chest. You need 2 keys to get this one

3. After getting number 2, jump down, run to the left and then forwards. You should see some pikemen in the distance. Hide under the door wedge here until a volley has fired. Then move up about 5 meters and turn right for a chest. Once you open the chest, move directly up to the tree as you can’t get hit by arrows here. You need 5 key.

4. Shortly after getting number 3 and defeating the Pikemen, you go up a hill to some brambles. Destroy them and turn the corner, defeating the soldiers and eventually getting to a section with a large rock to the right and a chest in plain view on the left. You need 2 keys to open it.

5. After running back down the hill and entering the encampment, head to the right (you have to anyway) and defeat everyone up here (including the second flag bearer). This one is quite easy to miss if you don’t know its there. Look at targets and move right, until you see the last one. The chest is just below it. You need 3 keys for this one.

6. Run through the encampment until you get to a cliff that you can hook up to. You need to anyway to kill the flag bearer. The chest is up here and you need 2 keys to open it.

7. After number 6, rope back down and enter the battlefield for a couple of cutscenes. After head East about half way down the battlefield for a chest. You need 4 keys for it.

**Apparently some people have told me that this chest was blocked off until the end of the battle.. If this is the case for you, then kill both the flag bearer’s up on the building infront of you. Then go to the east. **

8. When you get to the ‘EXPLORE ASLAN’S HOW’ objective, keep a track of the bridges you pass over. On the third one you walk over, the chest is to the left. Its quite easy to see. You need 2 keys to get this one.

9. After #8 continue forward into the circular room. This chest is in the south west corner, to your left as you enter. You need 3 keys for it.

10. After you finish the puzzle in the circular room in #9 you will reach a boss fight with the White Witch. A wolf will come at you, but run straight forward and open the chest. You need 2 keys to open it

11. After defeating the white witch, you will be booted back to the beginning of Aslan’s How. Go right through a newly opened passageway. Make the bridge and once you’re over it, break the vases and use trumpkin to go through the role hole. The chest is up here and requires 5 keys to open.

12. Now role back down and go to the other side of the cavern. There is another hole for trumpkin to role down. Do it and the chest is by the waters edge. It needs 2 keys to open.

13. Soon after number 12, you’ll reveal a set of stairs. Go down and begin the ‘HELP LUCY FIND ASLAN’ objective. Open the door using the two levers (you have to fix one) and head outside. Go right as soon as your outside and you should see the chest shimmering from the undergrowth in a north eastern kinda direction. Go get it. You need 2 keys for this one.

14. **CAUTION!!!! I’ve been told that if you miss this, you have to backtrack through the whole level as the checkpoints don’t count**

After #13, you’ll agitate some archers, kill them and then steal their horses. Before you jump over any barriers/rivers etc. Look out for battlements ahead of you. They are brown and have tree looking white shapes on them. When you see them, jump off your horse and head to the top left corner of this section. There’s the chest. You need 2 keys to open it

15. Shortly after the battlements, you’ll cross a bridge and defeat a heavy guard. After beating him, fix the lever and open the gate. Move through the gate and you’ll get a cutscene. After the video, climb up the rope on your left, up into a guard tower where chest #15 is. You need 3 keys for this one.

16. When you complete ‘HELP LUCY FIND ASLAN’, you’ll be transported back to ‘EXPLORE ASLAN’S HOW’. Move left, use the turn-wheel to move the platform you’re on across the gap and before you go into the tower, head left around it. The chest is up there and requires 3 keys to open it.

17. In the last section of this level ‘DEFEAT MIRAZ’, as soon as you get the objective on screen, (after walking through the door that you shoot the light spectrum at.. The bit with reflecting lights of mirrors) head to the bottom right side of the fighting arena (the white stone) and try and open the box before Miraz attacks you. Its worth 5 keys and can be a bitch to open.

Nearing the end of the game.. 1 more lever and 6 more chests remain....

Edited by Alfman1

Battle of Beruna – 6 Chests

1. Firstly, defeat Gregoire. The chests all come after him. When you get the ‘FIND A WAY TO THE CISTERN’ objective, go all the way to the right and up a ramp to find a lever. Pull it. Move back down the ramp and go to the right, onto the bridge you just raised. Shoot the lions head on the wall infront of you. This will raise the other half of the bridge. Now move over the bridge and move left and then left again, on a path parallel to the bridge. In the top left corner of this little ridge, there is a rope down to a chest. The chest requires 5 keys. A 75 point achievement will unlock here, meaning 5 more to go.

2. Shortly after number 1, you come to some big doors with a ridge either side of it. This chest is on the left side. The rope is VERY difficult to see, so just run up and down the black wall on the left until you latch onto a rope. When you finally do get up here, the chest is worth 10 keys.

3. When you get two statues up from the ground, head to the right of them and destroy the pots. Beneath is a switch that opens a door back across the bridge. Step on it and backtrack over the bridge. Its just passed the ramp you first used in this area. If you head upwards after you’re over the bridge, you’ll see the chest sparkling. The chest is worth 5 keys.

4. Once you make the statues face each other, the door infront will open. Walk through. After you destroy two sets of 6 pillars, there will be some large brambles on your right. Destroy them and open the chest. You need 5 keys.

5. When you get the ‘RESCUE CASPIAN AND GLENSTORM’ objective, head all the way to the left. |There is a huge amount of boxes in an alcove, destroy them all and pick up the penultimate chest. Its worth 10 keys.

6. Move just to the left around the rock formation to find you’re final and slightly easy to find chest.

Its worth an amazing 15 keys. Haha. But really. It is worth 15 keys. Once the chest opens.. BASK IN THE GLORY OF YOUR 100G :)

And we’re done. All 80 chests on Prince Caspian. Not too hard but certainly enough button mashing to annoy me.

Hope you enjoyed my guide and it made this task feel a little easier.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Edited by Alfman1

I already have ;) as it says at the top. This is the order that I personally did it but you could in theory get them in a different order. But I've repeated the name of the objective its on like a bellend so its clear where the chest is.

I already have ;) as it says at the top. This is the order that I personally did it but you could in theory get them in a different order. But I've repeated the name of the objective its on like a bellend so its clear where the chest is.

Okay, cool.

Thanks for the infinite key tips as well. :)

If I read it right, you can complete a mission, open all the chests..etc.

Then go back to the mission, select "No" when it asks you if you want to retry.

Then you get booted out with all the keys you collected in that mission but the chests stay open?

Yeh, that's right Just collect all the ones in the main courtyard. Pull the lever in the middle of the courtyard. Say no to restarting and then all the items will respawn ;)

Also, a thing that I just found is to do you're 15 co-op missions where it says in the guide (Find Susan's Horn) and pick up all the keys. You get 5 every time.

1.One at the right at the beginning

2.At the top of the stairs off to the right

3.Down the stairs to the left of #2

4+5. Behind the thrones behind the chest at the end of the level.

So thats like 75 keys right there :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Excellent guide, definitely wouldn't even attempt to find them all without this. Even though I did try to get greedy and ended up going through the first 3 missions without using the guide, now I gotta go back and try and find the missing chest...big mistake.:uzi::eek:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...