Achievement discussion

P1NSEEKER

• 6 months later...

Thanks to BlitZx HyPnOsIs for the Achievement Guide got my 1000 now I can move on to another game...but I found a small mistake in the Guide...if I'm not mistaken I believe for the Alkali Lab mission you play as Wolverine not as NightCrawler...I was confused :confused: at 1st but figured it out:woop:...thanks again BlitZx HyPnOsIs

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Whats with the three 0 point achievements? Do these people not comprehend the object of achievements? Either don’t have them or shave 5 points off of another one and give them some kind of value!

I’m about ready to chuck this game in the trash. I pick these kind of games up for something fun to play through quick and easy when I need a break from the more difficult games. I mean games like this are geared toward kids for christ sake why do they have to make getting the achievements so hard?

Another thing that gets me is how some of the road maps will list a time frame of getting through a game as something that’s completely unobtainable. This one is a perfect example of that. It states the game should take 5-10 hours, I doubt that! I’m not saying its impossible, but I seriously doubt many people could get through this in 5 hours and get 100% of the achievements. It just ain’t happening!

Lastly, the roadmap is wrong in stating that difficulty does not affect achievements, it most certainly does so! You can only get 100% if you play through on the hardest difficulty!

• 1 month later...

i have to agree this game is nowhere as easy as it seems, im stuck on ice man last level i did all of the levels so far on superhero.

Now for this level ive even lower it to the easiest and i still cant manage to collect and kill the serpent.

I tempted to burn this game or stick it in the microwave

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just my thoughts on X-Men: The Official Game....

Well, I think the roadmap is quite misleading. 5-10 hours is optimistic, more like 5/6 hours for first Rookie/Hero playthrough, then another 7/8 hours replaying and replaying and replaying and replaying the levels on Superhero.

So anyone reading this, hoping this game is an easy 1000G, it isn't!

It looks and plays like a platform game from the 32-Bit generation, the controls are slow and unresponsive, the storyline is terrible, the overall gameplay is slow and clunky no matter which character.

I would recommend anyone still wanting to take on this game play through the game on Hero to start with, build up your character, then replay in Superhero. Expect to struggle with Nightcrawler, his level are very frustrating, and very hard. Everyone thinks Sabretooth is difficult, but I'd rather fight six of those with Wolverine than piss about teleporting everywhere and trying to blow up Sentinels with stupid floating bombs things!!

My two cents. Peace out.

• 3 years later...