Killing Leon??

Well, The game looks very cool, but I recently saw that you could actually kill Leon in the game... But, this game takes place at the moment of Re2, and you play as Leon in Re4 which takes place later in the story. So this doesn't makes sense at all.

Although, to me, Leon is the best character in the entire Resident Evil games. Re4 is the only game I've complete like 5 or 6 times (and gonna complete it another 2 times in my 360). It was soooo epic!! But overall I think this is the stupidest thing they could do to the game, and makes me wonder about buying the game or not.

What do you think about this??? If the game gives you the chance to kill him, what are you gonna do?? Do you also think this option is something that doesn't have to be in the game and going to bother you if the game actually ask you to do it???

Operation Raccoon City is not considered a part of the Resident Evil canon; that is, the game is sort of a "what-if" scenario. Personally, playing something like this, where the story is in it's own little bubble, I don't feel any impact. Nothing you do is "really what happened" and makes me feel like the whole story is meaningless. That being said, spin-offs like this bring us to interesting places that we wouldn't be able to see without losing the story's credibility.

Operation Raccoon City is not considered a part of the Resident Evil canon; that is, the game is sort of a "what-if" scenario. Personally, playing something like this, where the story is in it's own little bubble, I don't feel any impact. Nothing you do is "really what happened" and makes me feel like the whole story is meaningless. That being said, spin-offs like this bring us to interesting places that we wouldn't be able to see without losing the story's credibility.

You have a good point, but still if I buy the game I would like to feel that I'm playing some part of true story or something similar. Still, it's a good way to see this game.

All speculations I'd say. Don't let the things you see mess up your mind. It's the same with RE5 when it got released. Pictures of JILL VALENTINE's grave, she is dead and all that. So don't worry.

IF there was any option in the game though I'd choose NOT TO KILL HIM of course. ;)

Hopefully you're right, and yes the past resident evil was a lot different than the videos I saw before played it.

Also, I'm glad to hear(read) someone who would let him live :)

Capcom stated that it could be canon if you want it to be, think about it you have the OPTION of killing Leon,

1. if you kill him, the series pretty much ends, umbrella suceeds if they get away with raccoon city they've won, with leon dead there no RE4 or anygame for that matter, if you kill claire no code veronica but chris would be pissed and would blame umbrella setting a whole new universe in motion.

2. however, if you don't kill leon or any character for that matter, the story stays the same, leon and claire escape along with jill and carlos, making the story canon, not so happy ending for the PLaying characters but thats how the story goes,

so basically the choices you make ultimately determine wether this game is canon or not, the power of choice

• 4 weeks later...