Dragonborn DLC

A 7thProduction

As for achievements go they will probably be announced a week or so within the release of the DLC. I hope they are challenging and not easy e.g. Mounted Your First Dragon 20G.

Bethesda games rarely have challenging achievements (excluding the id games they publish). FO3, FO:NV, Oblivion and Skyrim are some of the easiest games to complete out there. Hell, despite the overall size of each of those games you can even 100% them pretty quickly if you focus only on achievements.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't play Morrowind so this'll be like a new experience for me. I didn't pick up Hearthfire but I'll probably grab this one on release as I did for Dawnguard.

Personally I am so damn excited and I'd guess this is going to be close to the Shivering isles type expansion most have been waiting for.!

If this is true then I will be really excited, I loved Shivering Isles. The storyline there was awesome.

I'm getting Dragonborn day 1 as I did with the disappointing Hearthfire and Dawnguard. Hopefully it will be a decent sized dlc they've been promising. 1600msp should give us a decent amount of hours, but I still don't think it will be as expansive as Shivering Isles, which has been the best dlc I've ever played.

As for achievements/gs. I don't see why 250g won't be included in it. Dawnguard had that amount, so looks like 1550g for Skyrim.

I'm getting Dragonborn day 1 as I did with the disappointing Hearthfire and Dawnguard. Hopefully it will be a decent sized dlc they've been promising. 1600msp should give us a decent amount of hours, but I still don't think it will be as expansive as Shivering Isles, which has been the best dlc I've ever played.

As for achievements/gs. I don't see why 250g won't be included in it. Dawnguard had that amount, so looks like 1550g for Skyrim.

i agree with this statement(bold, underlined), although it is joined with dragon age:awakening.

also, i would hope they add 200:gsicon: to this to bring it to an even 1500:gsicon:. not sure how high the overall gamerscore will be, hopefully they go to 2000, then they could bring 2 more big DLC's out with 250:gsicon: each.:)

1600? Damn man, that's a full expansion, not an addon.

So far I've seen in the trailer:

Dragon Riding

Ice/Stalhrim Armor

Telvani housing

Bonemold Armor

Ascended Sleeper/Corprus Infected

Red Mountain burning in the distance.

Rieklings and their pigs

No Cliff Racers :woop:

It's like they added Blood Moon and several Morrowind features into a Skyrim as an expansion, and included Dragon Riding. Win in my book.

This is only 1600 points, so I doubt it will be as expansive as the Shivering Isles.

Will be interesting visiting Vvardenfell again, even though the lore states that it was destroyed. :p

The lore is also intentionally retconned and fragmented every damn time someone does something.

In the case of clarification, Vvardenfell isn't entirely destroyed, just that people confuse the Moon crashing as wiping out the Island, when it didn't. Also, while Red Mountain is now active, Vvardenfell can still be navigated. I'm curious if that Dragon is still nesting there, or if it plays a part in the Story.

Pics

UESP

Specific Dunmer groups and Ash creatures. Also, the glowing book isn't time travel, apparently we're visiting Hermaeus Mora's Apocrypha. The patch on the PC also indicated Mounted Dragon combat and the obvious new dragon type in the trailer. Sounds like it will be more than a one hitch wonder flying around.

Edited by incinerator950
New and exciting

What are Microsoft's rules on achievements these days? I know they used to be that you couldn't add new achievements after a year (but then Halo: Reach broke the rule with the Anniversary maps) so is that still the rule?

Also, the rules don't cap achievements in a single DLC (other than the time-based caps) so its possible that Dragonborn could have 450g to bring Skyrim to the full 1750

Either way, 450g or 0g (or anything in between) I'll be buying it

What are Microsoft's rules on achievements these days? I know they used to be that you couldn't add new achievements after a year (but then Halo: Reach broke the rule with the Anniversary maps) so is that still the rule?

Also, the rules don't cap achievements in a single DLC (other than the time-based caps) so its possible that Dragonborn could have 450g to bring Skyrim to the full 1750

When the hell has there been a time based cap lol?

That rule changed before Reach came out (if it existed); Mass effect 1 for example. I know there are others but that the one that comes to mind right away

When the hell has there been a time based cap lol?

250 gamerscore per fiscal quarter is the limit. They added that whenever they raised the gamerscore cap to 1750

So they could in theory lump 450 into this DLC as the game has been out a year. I doubt they would though. Pretty sure it will be 200 or 250. As that leaves more room for more DLC.

That rule changed before Reach came out (if it existed); Mass effect 1 for example. I know there are others but that the one that comes to mind right away

250 gamerscore per fiscal quarter is the limit. They added that whenever they raised the gamerscore cap to 1750

So they could in theory lump 450 into this DLC as the game has been out a year. I doubt they would though. Pretty sure it will be 200 or 250. As that leaves more room for more DLC.

I never noticed, most DLC's don't include large achievement values when they add a lot of achievements, which is how they got away with making DLC over a year later.

I liked Dawnguard, but this looks (and hopefully will) like its going to blow it out of the water. As a Morrowind fan, I love that many of the additions to it are a fanservice while adding more to the game.

I literally bought Skyrim back because I saw that we're going to have Dragon Riding, and because I regretted selling it.

I found some rumors. Have fun.

-It's as big as Skyrim

-New shouts to tame dragons, strengthen other shouts, and increase the power of your attacks

-Wereboars

-Waterwalking boots

-278 new items

-No spears

-New armor that's better than ebony

Volume expanse doesn't mean much, and they confirmed the Dragon Shout to strengthen others and your own prowess. There's already two sets of Armor better than Ebony in Heavy, well around four to six. Clarify besides Ice Armor.

Volume expanse doesn't mean much, and they confirmed the Dragon Shout to strengthen others and your own prowess. There's already two sets of Armor better than Ebony in Heavy, well around four to six. Clarify besides Ice Armor.

Someone is going around posting "leaked" information pretty much everywhere he can. He posted it on the official forum (whereupon it was deleted quickly), GameFAQs, GameSpot and the unofficial Skyrim forums.

That's where this information is from, I assume. Just google Dragonborn Leaked Information and you'll see the post. As to whether it's true or just a massive troll on all Skyrim fans, who knows. I suspect there is a grain of truth in this though as some of the facts have been verified on the Gamespot forum by an individual claiming to have Beta access.

Someone is going around posting "leaked" information pretty much everywhere he can. He posted it on the official forum (whereupon it was deleted quickly), GameFAQs, GameSpot and the unofficial Skyrim forums.

That's where this information is from, I assume. Just google Dragonborn Leaked Information and you'll see the post. As to whether it's true or just a massive troll on all Skyrim fans, who knows. I suspect there is a grain of truth in this though as some of the facts have been verified on the Gamespot forum by an individual claiming to have Beta access.

Just saying, its not hard to find better Armor then ebony, and most of that the Dev's hinted at or confirmed.

Regardless of what's in it, its a must buy for me.

Indeed.