Best Chapters for Boosting Enemy Commendations

Clueless

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when a crawler jump attacks at you move around quickly

for an easy Assassination kill.

So far I'm at Backstabber Expert for that strategy.

I maxed Backstab on 1-2 'Sniper alley'. The Jackal are easy if you melee the shield away but here's a little tip which helped me get around 40 assassinations per game:

Have active camo, run straight upto a Grunt (like, right in his face) and crouch as you turn on active camo. They freak out every time, throw their hands in the air and turn to run. Even works on groups. Just sprint and hold melee for easy backstab. If a Grunt sees you come out of AC he won't be fooled, just hide for a second then repeat the trick and he'll be your bitch.

As far as I know that should work but I haven't tried it myself yet. May do for the Jackals which are the last Covies I need. Just completed the Covie Destroyer commendation (which you don't need infantry for) and got an extra 10,000xp and an emblem.

Emblem is a covenant symbol from their alphabet, a big triangle with a little triangle on the left angle.

Got about 500 Jackals to kill then I'll start on those Forerunners.

It hasn't actually been a grind so far, it's been fun!

::::::EDIT::::::

The emblem isn't in the alphabet, it's in This Chart 7th along in the 'other' section. Just so you guys know what you're aiming for.

Edited by Kemaleon

Got Forerunner Destroyer last night. :drunk

1-4 is fastest for Commanders. It should take 2-3 minutes for 1-2 kills (if you have a Watcher revive him) per run, just restart the game once he's dead. It's also helpful to grind out Crawler Slayer at the same time.

1-3 for Snipers, no contest. Either run through and kill everything if you need other enemies, or kill the first Sniper from the starting point and restart the game. What I did was:

1. Spawn

2. Look a little to the right, and shoot the Sniper right from spawn position.

3. Restart Game

4. Repeat

This got me one Sniper kill every 25-30 seconds. Still takes a long time, but it's the fastest way. Also helps to have a laptop/dual monitors so you can do something entertaining.

Edited by Jirachi

Are you able to play through the first bit of a level of spartan ops and just press start and restart level ?

Yes you can. I've done it a couple times and can confirm it works, though I personally find it better to just finish the level. That way you get your 2,000/3,000 xp every time without letting it go to waste.

1-3 for Snipers, no contest. Either run through and kill everything if you need other enemies, or kill the first Sniper from the starting point and restart the game. What I did was:

1. Spawn

2. Look a little to the right, and shoot the Sniper right from spawn position.

3. Restart Game

4. Repeat

This got me one Sniper kill every 25-30 seconds. Still takes a long time, but it's the fastest way. Also helps to have a laptop/dual monitors so you can do something entertaining.

If you have Jetpack, you could just float up there and get an assassintation. It doesn't always work though.

Edited by SkullFire58

Awesome thread, tons of helpful info, couple of things I found though are there are 7 Ghosts not 5 in Ep1 Ch1, the first lonely one before you get to the first Wraith, then if you circle back and to get the first mission objective (1/4 generators I think they are) there are 2 more Ghosts,(you may need to be quick to get these as the Marines may take them out before you can, 2 more Ghosts after the second Wraith drop and 2 more after you get all the generators after the third Wraith drop, also I found a somewhat easy (though time consuming) method for the Wheelman Commendation was in Ep3 Ch4 (Shootout at Valhalla) after activating only ONE of the three turrets (which I always destroy right after activating for some reason [i just don't like them]) kill all enemies except for one Elite (make sure it's an Elite) then find a good area where you can park a Ghost between the two of you and bait him into either hi-jacking you (to which you promptly RE hi-jack him back) or get out let him take the Ghost and you hi-jack it from him, don't shoot at him let him run off a ways and recharge his shields then rinse and repeat as much as you like, each hi-jack counts towards Wheelman, I only do it this way because I solo (without another controller and so have to use the hi-jack method) like I said it's time consuming so have a laptop or another tv close by to half watch or do something else while "YOINKING" your Ghost back, I did this for like an hour and netted about 100 jacks (only 150 more before Mastery) plus you're already in the level to grab those much needed Hunter Slayer kills

Hope this helps some

Just noticed in Ep3 Ch1 (The VIP) there is a Grunt Ultra with a Fuel Rod Cannon right at the beginning of the level so he can be farmed over and over like the Crawler Sniper in Ep1 Ch3 (The Challenge), if you Jet Pack up onto the rock right in front of you when you spawn then look to your left under what I have dubbed Pride Rocks 1 & 2 he is usually under the left Pride Rock, he can be your first and only enemy if you wish then restart the level rinsing and repeating

Haven't found a way to skip the opening scenes yet, they're probably there to aid loading.

Oh and for what the other guy said about Ghosts, it's probably worth mentioning in the first few posts that these counts are to be used as guides not exact figures. I've rinsed these levels enough to know that you don't always get the same every time.

I've probably played Hunting Trip (3-5?) the most as it has the best overall spread of Covie enemies (recommended if you're just starting). After playing it a shed-load of times I fired it up again, prepared for the usual routine, when within seconds of the game starting I was slashed by a sword wielding Elite! Not the Zealot guarding Spag-bol (Parg-vol) either.

Bit of a shock, only seem him three times in the many I've abused this level.

I see him EVERYTIME (even with his crappy active camo) I usually grab a fuel rod cannon from the ultra grunts early on and save it just for him, I hate invsy elites with swords, they're just a nusance, but he must lke my gift of fuel rod cause he keeps coming back again and again (each time I reload the level)

I see him EVERYTIME (even with his crappy active camo)

No not the Zealot, a different one. Dark blue/black Captain armour no active-camo but with a sword. Right at the beginning of the level that's why it was such a surprise!

Any tips for this 5-1 farming? I get around 180 per go but seem to die quite a lot! What's your routines?

I myself haven't played much of Ep 5, just the once through to get the achievement for completing the first 5 Eps, tried the first Ch one more time after that and like you I seemed to recall dying A LOT, stupid crawlers swarming me but I did see lots of opportunity for farming Battlewagons and a few Commanders

5-5 is the best chapter for ghosts, wraiths and hunters.

You'll get some other enemies in there, but from memory there's about 10 ghosts and 6 wraiths?

I'd have had covie destoryer by now except I think the commendation is broken for zealot slayer. Everytime I kill a zealot, nothing, but if I kill a ranger it'll count. Anyone else having this problem?

Here's my results from 5:4 The Cauldron Base

8 minutes (plus the cut-scene at the start)

Roughly 3000 exp

Grunt Slayer - 60

Grunt Imperial Slayer - 35

Elite Slayer - 10

Elite Zealot Slayer - 6

Elite Officer Slayer - 6

Elite General Slayer - 1

Hunter Slayer - 2

This is a fairly easy stage, especially on Easy. Just grab the Mantis and park yourself where you have a good view of all three drop zones (left, right, and center) and just blast away as they're coming up.

Edited by DMRoberts

V.I.P or Hunting Trip are about your best options, and start doing them now! When I'd killed everything else I still had 100 Ultras and over 500 Jackals to kill.

Keep it Easy for Hunting Trip, you'll get a good few others from it too. For V.I.P I recommend Normal or Heroic to help increase the Ultra numbers.

Until we get new SpOps there are no easy Ultra solutions, unless you want to keep restarting V.I.P after killing the first one on the left. But you won't get much xp that way and if you still need other enemies its a little wasteful.