Get A Life!

mini0mk

Ok people I have come here to ask if anyone knows what people mean by having a life? Because I always thought it meant trying to make the best of the time you have and enjoy it.

People sometimes say to me "Get a life" because I spend alot of time on my xbox when I'm not working. I prefer to play on my xbox rather than going out and get drunk every weekend. In addition I see my mates quite often but not too much. (I don't really enjoy been around people too much)

So I ask you this, would you say I need to change and start going out more or are these people just being narrow minded?

Also I would also like people to share what they like to do and if someone has ever said "Get a life" to then for playing computer games.

Most people say this when they're pissed off, they hardly mean it though. It generally means get a job, get a girlfriend, get laid, so on and so forth. I wouldn't worry too much about what other people say, I mean who gives a fuck what other people say. As long as you're enjoying life, I think it's all good.

Most people say this when they're pissed off, they hardly mean it though. It generally means get a job, get a girlfriend, get laid, so on and so forth. I wouldn't worry too much about what other people say, I mean who gives a fuck what other people say. As long as you're enjoying life, I think it's all good.

Someone posted it on my facebook status after I said I just reached 12th prestige. Oh forgot to say I work 40hours+ a week.

Ok people I have come here to ask if anyone knows what people mean by having a life? Because I always thought it meant trying to make the best of the time you have and enjoy it.

People sometimes say to me "Get a life" because I spend alot of time on my xbox when I'm not working. I prefer to play on my xbox rather than going out and get drunk every weekend. In addition I see my mates quite often but not too much. (I don't really enjoy been around people too much)

So I ask you this, would you say I need to change and start going out more or are these people just being narrow minded?

Also I would also like people to share what they like to do and if someone has ever said "Get a life" to then for playing computer games.

Fuck 'em in the ear. Do whatever you want with your leisure time, as they seem to be spending a little of their time doing as they please: commanding you. Horse shit.

I feel where you're coming from, I get this most of the time by so called friends who spend all day chatting to their girlfriends/fiance's whatever over FACEBOOK while they live together, and they say I need get a life, in fact I do have a life, I have a girlfriend who lives with me, plays xbox with me on just about every game I play on, and we aren't sad and pathetic and chat to each other over facebook when we're in the same room. If doing what you enjoy doing is valid enough opinion for someone to say "get a life" then they need to seriously get one instead of interferring with yours.

I'm not sure what defines having a life.. I breathe, I walk, I talk, I do everything the stereotypical person with a life would do, but still, there have been when I've said to not have a life. I don't like to brag, whether it be about my measly 40k gamerscore, how many blu-rays I have or the number of girls I've had. Maybe it's because I don't brag over a microphone that I don't have one. In my opinion, there's now way to prove that you don't over a microphone, so why bother? If somebody says that, just ignore them.

Good you brought this up, I recently thought about this too: define "life"...

I regularly go out with friends, girlfriend, and what not, and get somewhat intoxicated during weekends, but does that mean that I have more of a life than any other person? So socializing is having a life?

I probably end up doing the same thing I do every week on a regular basis - I go to go school and work, go to the gym, study, make my own dinner, then meet friends during weekends. Then it repeats itself the next week.

But I also enjoy, like most on this forum I assume, just taking it cool and play some good Xbox games by myself, so I've 100%:ed several retail and arcade games.

So I dunno, do I have a life? I find this getting a bit monotone sometimes, day-in-day-out, but I still enjoy myself...

I'd say as long as you're having fun and think you're accomplishing something, consider yourself "having a life" :)

People who live their lives by how high their GS gets definitely need to get a life IMO, it's just a sequence of numbers on a screen! It doesn't MEAN anything, same with people who crow about high post counts on forums.

Show me ONE person who "lives their lives by how high their gamerscore is"

The hell does that even mean?

People who live their lives by how high their GS gets definitely need to get a life IMO' date=' it's just a sequence of numbers on a screen! It doesn't MEAN anything, same with people who crow about high post counts on forums.[/quote']

People who need to tell other's to get a life need some introspection.

Show me ONE person who "lives their lives by how high their gamerscore is"

The hell does that even mean?

It means that he's insecure about his own gamerscore and feels the need to comment negatively on anyone who has a higher one.

You know...Those with lower gamerscores are noobs, those with higher have no lives.

People who need to tell other's to get a life need some introspection.

It means that he's insecure about his own gamerscore and feels the need to comment negatively on anyone who has a higher one.

You know...Those with lower gamerscores are noobs, those with higher have no lives.

Ahhh it all makes sense now, thanks :D

You do have a life! We ALL have a life. The difference between "us" and "them" is...we are doing what we want and having fun doing what we want in our lives!

To me, having fun/being happy IS a life!

Haha, Totally summed it up for me. We all have lives its just we're doing whatever the F we want and thier doing whatever the F they want. It's not what other people feel about you it's what you feel about yourself(if that made any sense LOL).

'I'm a gamer, i have multiple lives' :D

Best quote ever!!! My roomies give me shit because after i work a 14 hour day i like to come home and just relax with some xbox. I spend a good amount of time on it because i enjoy it. my roomies like to drink and work on their cars, not something i like to do so I'm happy with my xbox.

I will tell you exactly what someone means when they tell you to get a life. They mean this "I am telling you to get a life because I am insinuating that since you do NOT live your life EXACTLY the way I live mine that must mean you have no life. You have interests, hobbies, friends, goals, etc.. I probably spend most of my time on Facebook, Myspace, on the phone gossiping, getting wasted and killing my brain cells, shying away from books and hobbies that expand my brain; but I still have more of a life than you, because I have fooled myself into thinking this way."

There, that is exactly what someone means when they say you have no life.

People who live their lives by how high their GS gets definitely need to get a life IMO, it's just a sequence of numbers on a screen! It doesn't MEAN anything, same with people who crow about high post counts on forums.

troll gtfo.

If someone ever tells me to get a life, and they say it over facebook comments i tell them to fuck off and get a life as well if they're using facebook to tell me this shit.

I get that shit all the time from some buddies, but they're usually just joking around so whatever.