The Official I'm Stuck/Achievement Questions Thread

Vendetta

i beat the game, does that mean i have to star over to gets the rest of the audio logs? just clarifying what you said. also can i beat each level on legendary individually at different times and never even go to mombasa streets except for the first mission to get the achievement? or do i have to start a new campaign?

just reload the mission right before the data hive, and you will have full access to the entire city as the rookie..then when you get 29 of them, go start the data hive mission and get the 30th one.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uplift Reserve - Drone Fighter Optics

Kikowani Station - Bio-Foam Canister

Achievement Questions

Q: My achievement is glitched! It is glitched! Help!?!

A: None of the achievements are glitched. I attained a full 1K on the game and had no problems what so ever. You are doing something wrong.

It seems some people can't get the Clue achievements. But that is probably because of switching levels, etc. Not sure if that counts as glitched.

Q: I cannot get Deja Vu Vidmaster Achievement. It wont unlock please help me!

A: You cannot even get in the tank or the warthog in this map. You can get in the both the mongoose and the ghost and fire and use it to splatter. You can also die as many times as you have to do beat it. Just double check and make sure your difficulty is on Legendary and you have 4 players and it is on Highway.

Kind of obvious, but you must have Iron on too =p. You said everything else that is obvious . . so yeah

Q: How can I check to see how many audiologs I have?

A: The only time you can check to see how many you have is when you pick one up. There will be a little achievement status square thingy that pops up and says 6/30 audio logs for example. There is no option in the menu or pause menu that will tell you. This makes this achievement a bit of a pain in the arse if you are not keeping track. Unfortunately you either have to go in numerical order like the map for the audio logs says to or you have to keep track yourself.

Actually you can keep track by pressing :back: and then click :lbbut:. In COMM, it will tell you the Audio logs that you have. Such as Circle 1 Arc 1, Circle 3 Arc 2, etc. It wont say ??/30 but you can count them all.

There are 9 Circles and each Circle has 3 Arcs in them. EXCEPT Circle 9 which has 6 Arcs.

Q: Do I get the audio log #30 first?

A: No you do not. That is the 2nd to last mission.

I could only get this when I had 29 Audio logs. [spoiler=ID]The guy would not jump down otherwise; the guy who triggers the door to open so you can get Audio log.

Edited by Venomized

Nothing to do with achievements... but maybe save someone some frustration. You will notice numerous dumpsters in new mombasa with working hinged doors on top. DONT GET IN THE DUMPSTER!!!! I ducked inside one to do some poking around in my visr. After trying to jump out 30 or so times, i everted to my save, which was in the dumpster. After 5 or ten minutes of screaming, jumping, and tossing incindiary genades around inside a little dumpster, i finally made it out alive. To prove im not sutpid i have convinced 3 firends to climb inside these dumpsters of doom and everyone had trouble getting out.

Here are the two ways we came up with to get out of the dumpsters and save your campain:

jump enough to where you are standing and not being foced into a crouch, face the front of the dumpster, walk all the way back quickly to fling the door open, and jump forward out.

OR if you can rock the dumpster enough to tip it on its back, you can jump out with a little bashing to the door

didnt want to waste a whole thread with this

This is the First Halo game ive played and i dont know how to get back to where i left off in the campaign.

I was on the 4th Chapter last night. Saved and Quit.

Today i wanted to play the first level over again to get the 10 headshots easily.

Once i got it i saved and quit.

Now everytime i try to continue where i left off, it brings me to level 1.

I even tried finishing level 3 again. once i beat it it brought me back to level 2.

Can someone please tell me how i can get back to Mission 4???

I'm really stuck on the Tayari Plaza, the EDIT: Hunters with the geen plasma cannons. I can't kill any of them. I'm playing on Legendary, haven't had a problem until now. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone want to help me on this map, send me a FR, I'll be on for a while.

Edited by XxBlueSpade2xX

Q: I have finished all the missions on the free roam map and cannot get out of the area I am in to get the rest of the audio logs.

A: Sorry to say but you have to play again to get all the logs. You must get 29 logs before finishing the last mission that is on the map because it will trigger a part where you have to go underground to get to the last missions.

OMFG..........NO WAY.........I've got about 17 of the audio logs already and I just finished off the banshee mission and currently have to get to the underground. I wasn't sure if I went to the underground that the Data Hive mission would start immediately and so I was thinking of getting the rest of the audio logs and then going to the underground. Why would Bungie do this........they never did it with the skulls in Halo 3 or the terminals for that matter (I think). :confused::mad::confused:

Anyway....I'm still gonna try to get them and hopefully you are wrong or it just isn't the case for me.:p

Nice thread BTW. =)

EDIT: I just wanted to add a few things, for the NMPD HQ mission to start, you have to "intercept" the bent sniper rifle on the power line.............you DO NOT need to jump on any truck to "intercept" it but simply look above to it to intercept and the small cutscene would show the Rookie using some kind of metal stick to get the sniper rifle off the power line.......unless there are different cutscenes on how you intercept the flashback object. ;]

Wait......Vendetta.....can I replay missions when I finished the campaign and not start a new campaign ?

I did the missions in this order:

1.) Tayari Plaza

2.) Uplift Reserve

3.) Kizingo Boulevard

4.) ONI Alpha Site (reference to "demon" in japanese and one of Bungie's previous games)

5.) NMPD HQ

6.) Kikowani Station

I got the clue achievements without getting any sort of "glitches". =P

How to kill Hunters ??

- Stick them about 2 or 3 times with either a plasma grenade or a spike grenade.

- Use a Rocket Launcher (1 shot is enough and they will go down like flies).

- Shotgun in the back.

- Snipe their exposed backs from a distance using either a sniper rifle or beam rifle.

- On Tayari Plaza mission.....I killed one Hunter and then just ran away.....it only chases you for a bit.....before it ultimately gives up.....because its too slow. =P

O G Pukez, when you replayed the mission....you effectively erased your previous campaign progress and the game warns you about it when you do a "replay mission". The rest of your post kinda sounds weird though (especially the level 3 brings u back to level 2.....maybe because you didn't "re-do" the 2nd mission....not too sure what your trying to get at...ah well). ;]

I also wanted to say another thing, I just checked my ODST campaign history on Bungie.net and it says I have killed 8 engineers but I never got the counter for "naughty, naughty".....which is weird but hopefully I will get the Good Samaritan achievement when I start Data Hive.

LOLZ...I wanna jump into a dumpster in ODST. =P

Edited by JCDRANZER

Problem with Audio Logs: I am going to the exact correct location of some of the audio logs, I have checked the maps and screenshots online and I am spot on. However, the audio log is not highlighted in yellow and I can't pick it up.

Why is this? Are some of them only obtainable once you are past a certain point in the campaign (I am only a little way into the game)?

I'm really stuck on the Tayari Plaza, the EDIT: Hunters with the geen plasma cannons. I can't kill any of them. I'm playing on Legendary, haven't had a problem until now. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone want to help me on this map, send me a FR, I'll be on for a while.

Hide around the corner, wait for them to move past you so you have a head start, and just run straight past them. The bulkhead seals behind you and stops them getting at you at the point where the Superintendent starts talking about 'Lost property on the lower level'. I did okay on Legendary by avoiding as many conflicts as possible. You're less likely to die. =p

Ok, I'm pretty pissed now because me and 2 friends completed the campaign on legendary last night. After the last mombasa streets mission, You are suppose to get the good simaritan achievement. I did not have a single engineer kill, one of my friends had 9/10 and the other 4/10. As we finished mombasa streets, my friend with the 9/10 got the good simaritian achievement. I got nothing, and my friend with 4/10 got nothing. I am very frustrated as this will now require me to go through the whole campaign again if I feel like getting all the achievements now...Has this happened to anyone else? why would my friend who had killed them get the achievement but not me?

Okay guys, I loaded up Mombasa Streets (completed the game already) got the 29 audio logs. Then I try to load up Data Hive and it says my Co-Op campaign data will be erased. I collected the audios in Co-Op, so if I load data hive and click ok, will I still have my 29 audio logs and be able to collect the 30th, or not? Or do I need to play through the rest of the game again on this current save.

If I go thur and play just the missions on Legendary will i get the achievement or do i need to do a new campaign?

For each of the 'game complete' achievements, you need to start from 'Prepare to Drop', otherwise the game doesn't count the game as completed because you didn't play from the 'start'. It's exactly like Halo 3 in the respect that a cut-scene counts towards the achievement, and if you want it, you have to watch it.

Uh so..I've already beaten the game, and wanted to go back and search for audio logs..and ..it has me starting over at Tayari Plaza, or I can do a mission and start from the streets after that.

So I tried that, I did Kinzigo Station since I have 11 logs, after the mission, I'm in the Kizingo area streets, and none of the logs are highlighted like they should be. What the fuck? I've driven around the whole damn city and none are highlighted, don't fuckin tell me I gotta start from mission 1 and do this shit again. Fucking ridiculous.

super sleuth. first, i completed the game on veteran and did not get it b/c i saved and left

then i went back and did it all on one play through on easy and did not get it. the guide says kikawani station but i went there and it did not unlock.

anybody know what to do?

I'm having a similar problem I've just finished Kikowani Station & currently doing Mombasa Streets but I can't see a beacon for Data Hive the only locations in my VISR are

Tayari Plaza

Uplift Reserve

ONI Alpha Site

Also it seems I didn't get Super Sleuth and I went through the entire level without quitting or anything. Ive got the achievements for completing all the other levels before Data Hive so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.