Achievement Guide and Roadmap

VonThronstahl

ROADMAP:

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10 (6/10 if playing legit - luck based)

-Offline: 12/12

-Online: 0/12

-Approximate amount of time to 200http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png: 5 hours (if using the trick - way over 100 hours legit)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 (3 game modes)

-Number of missable achievements: None.

-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No cheats.

-Does difficulty affect achievements? No, only one difficulty.

-Glitchy achievements: None known.

-Unobtainable achievements: None.

Introduction:

Bejeweled Live is a great casual game that most people should already know from the XBLA games for the Xbox 360. The goal in the game is to match three or more gems to create cascades and special gems for extra points. The Windows 8 version offers three game modes and every game mode has some achievements tied to it. Propably 11 of 12 achievements will be unlocked before you reach rank 6 of 81. If the user TerreDactyl didn't share his method to cut the playtime down to around 5 hours it'd be a very long grind for the full 200http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png.

Abbreviated Walkthrough:

Step #1 - Classic Mode

Classic mode is the only mode where it is possible to run out of matches. The best way to "survive" is to either work on the second half of the board or from the left to the right side (or the other way around). I prefer to work my way up from the bottom because you constantly get new gems from above. The board will get mixed after each completed level but you will keep your special gems.

Tip: Don't waste your hypercubes as soon as you get them. Instead save them for emergencies. Take your time and don't rush it. Look for possible cascades and don't be afraid to use the hint button because you won't get a penalty in this version of the game.

Step #2 - Butterflies

The goal in this mode is to save as many butterflies as possible before the spider at the top of the screen eats them. The butterflies move one row up after every move you make. They start to shake to warn you as soon as they are near the top. To save one or more butterflies you have to match them with gems or butterflies of the same color or detonate them with special gems (this will free them instead of blowing them up).

Tip: Look out for cascades and special gems to save multiple butterflies at once.

Step #3 - Diamond Mine

In this mode you have to dig out gold and various treasures before the time runs out to get points. Matching gems will NOT get you any points! Clearing the marked area let you proceed and gives you a 30 second time bonus. You have to match gems at the bottom of the screen (where the dirt is) in order to collect the treasures. Later you will see lava flows which can only be destroyed by matching special gems. Ordinary rocks need two or more matches to be destroyed.

Tip: Detonate the special gems at the bottom of the screen if possible to advance faster and cumulate more time. Matching two hypercubes gives you a 90 second time bonus!

Mop Up:

The last achievement is Jewelforger. After getting the other 11 achievements you will probably be at rank 5/81. The remaining time can be reduced to less than 5 instead of way more than 100 hours if you use the TerreDactyl-method!

How it's done:

1. Play Diamond Mine (Classic is fine too) and get a score of around 1 million or more (the higher the better) and exit the game to the main menu with 1 or 2 seconds left on the timer (or one move if you play Classic).

2. Go to the folder C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Appdata/local/packages/PopCap.BejweledLIVE_dw446q17t8sdy/local state and leave it open.

3. Copy "diamond_mine.sav" ("classic.sav" if you play Classic) to the desktop.

4. Switch back to the game and let the timer run out.

5. Collect your points and quit to the main menu.

6. Switch back to the desktop (Windows + D) and copy "diamond_mine.sav" ("classic.sav" if you play Classic) back to the folder C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Appdata/local/packages/PopCap.BejweledLIVE_dw446q17t8sdy/local state.

7. Return to the game and resume your Diamond Mine (or Classic) game.

8. Repeat from step 4 until you reach Rank 81.

Although this method is NOT considered cheating, I am NOT responsible for any damage that may be caused by using this method or messing around with files. You do it at your own risk and you should know what you do before using the TerreDactyl-method!

Conclusion:

The game is highly addicting at first but gets pretty boring after a while and the grind would be unnecessary long without the trick.

Edited by VonThronstahl

ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE:

Achievements:

0oCLiGJhbC9BFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wLzUAAAAA5+fn-deshA==.jpg Chroma-Collector - 10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

All the colors, so bright and pretty! I got 20 of them to unlock Chroma-Collector!

You have to match up 20 gems of each color (red, blue, orange, green, white, yellow and purple) in Classic mode. This will propably the second achievement you get after Friendly Fire.

1YCLiGJhbC9FFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn+lROyA==.jpg Friendly Fire - 5http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

I unlocked the Friendly Fire Achievement — watch out Flame gems!

Matching 4 gems of the same color creates a flame gem which will explode after being matched with two or more gems of the same color.

14CLiGJhbC9GFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn+HVHfQ==.jpg Butterfly Bonanza - 5http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Who needs a net to collect butterflies? Ask me, I just collected 5 at once!

You will need to create a cascade and/or match special gems to save five butterflies at once. The game starts with a handful of butterflies but they'll appear more frequent after saving a around 20.

1oCLiGJhbC9HFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wLzMAAAAA5+fn+ZW-7g==.jpg Master Blaster - 5http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

I destroyed 50 gems in a single move and earned the Master Blaster Achievement!

The easiest way to destroy 50 gems at once is by matching two hypercubes which will clear the whole board (64 gems). The other way is creating a huge cascade which is completely luck based. Easiest done in classic mode.

04CLiGJhbC9AFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wLzQAAAAA5+fn-DdUFw==.jpg Butterfly Monarch - 10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

I took on the spiders in Butterflies mode and earned a score of 250,000!

I had to save around 90 butterflies to get the needed amount of 250,000 points. Cascades and special gems are the best way to save butterflies. Look out for possibilities to save multiple butterflies at once.

0ICLiGJhbC9CFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wLzYAAAAA5+fn--alMQ==.jpg Butterfly Guardian - 10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Phew! Saving 70 butterflies is challenging, but at least the spiders will go hungry tonight!

Cascades and special gems are the best way to save butterflies. Look out for possibilities to save multiple butterflies at once because more and more butterflies appear after each move.

0YCLiGJhbC9DFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wLzcAAAAA5+fn-hZdog==.jpg Diamond Miner - 15http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

I dug so far down in Diamond Mine mode, I think I saw a dinosaur!

The counter on the bottom left of the screen shows how deep you dug. You need to dig 200 metres deep to get the achievement. Clearing the earth above the line let's you proceed and dig deeper. Match special gems at the bottom of the screen to quickly get rid of the most earth.

0oCLiGJhbC9MFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn-TFJrA==.jpg Levelord - 15http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

I'm a Levelord - I reached Level 10 in Classic Mode!

It is possible to run out of matches in Classic mode! Look out for ways to create special gems and hypercubes. They can save your live! Save them for emergencies instead of wasting them. The board will get mixed after each completed level but you will keep your special gems. My strategy is to work my way up from the bottom because you will always get new gems at the top. Another way is to start either on the right or left side. It is not good to match random gems without thinking. Use the hint button if you get stuck and take your time. You can't run out of time in this mode so take it easy. You can always use the TerreDactyl-method if you can't do it legit which will make this achievement a cakewalk! Quit to the main menu after each level and copy the save file ("C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Appdata/local/packages/PopCap.BejweledLIVE_dw446q17t8sdy/local state/classic.sav") to the desktop and try other matches if you fail.

0ICLiGJhbC8VFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wL2EAAAAA5+fn--7ukw==.jpg Bejeweler - 20http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Wow, I just scored over 500,000 in Classic Mode!

You have to get 500.000 points in classic mode to unlock this achievement! You need to get to level 12 or 13 to reach the needed points. You can always use the TerreDactyl-method if you can't do it legit which will make this achievement a cakewalk! Quit to the main menu after each level and copy the save file ("C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Appdata/local/packages/PopCap.BejweledLIVE_dw446q17t8sdy/localstate/classic.sav") to the desktop and try other matches if you fail.

0oCLiGJhbC8WFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wL2IAAAAA5+fn-d-nJg==.jpg Miner, Extraordinaire - 30http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Ka-Ching! I mined this mode and earned $750,000 in the process!

You have to earn $750,000 in one game! Create special gems and match them at the bottom of the screen to destroy the earth and rocks. You proceed by clearing the area above the line. Every time you move on you get a 30 second time bonus. If you are able to match 2 hypercubes you will get a 90 second time bonus! Use this to your advantage!

04CLiGJhbC8XFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wL2MAAAAA5+fn-D8ftQ==.jpg Superstar - 35http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

They said it couldn't be done! 6 gems in a row!

This achievment is luck based! Playing Diamond Mine is the easiest way to create a supernova gem because it is the fastest mode and has the most special gems per minute. You can try to line up gems and hope to get the right match to drop them but it is way faster and easier to just play a few rounds of Diamond Mine without paying attention to supernova gems. Create cascades and huge explosions to clear the bigger part of the screen and you'll create a supernova gem if you are lucky. It took me a handful of games before I got lucky and created a supernova gem. Lining up 6 gems in a L-form does NOT create a supernova gem (it creates a star and a flame gem) - they have to be right next to each other in a straight line!

1oCLiGJhbC8QFQQaXFJQTTVkL2FjaC8wL2QAAAAA5+fn+Z30TA==.jpg Jewelforger - 40http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

I'm a master of matching! I just earned 40G and now hold the rank of Jewelforger in Bejeweled Live.

The legit way to get rank 81 will take way more than 100 hours! I was able to get around $1,000,000 in Diamond Mine in a little less than 15 minutes. But you need more than 15-20 million to advance to the next rank on higher ranks.

Edited by VonThronstahl

Great guide! That save file method sounds promising/risky...

Hi i'm Terre and that is my method. It is not considered cheating as it's an unprotected file in the isostore for the game. (the isostore is the location that data and settings for each app is stored)

It has also been approved by the investigations team on Truachievements.com. The solution had previously been taken down pending approval.

Edited by TerreBullet

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Bejeweled Live Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 2 weeks later...
I made a screenshot of the path. Hope it helps!

/edit:

The red text says "User" and "Your name". The site reduced the size.

Thank you for your reply, but it wont let me see it and I get this when I click on the picture link:

Do you have less than 5 posts on the forums?

If yes, please read this thread why you are unable to access this page

DieNadel, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Thank you for your reply, but it wont let me see it and I get this when I click on the picture link:

The easy solution to that is to make five posts in the forums. And please try not to make them be useless posts like many lesser users and bots do.

Meanwhile, Von should crop the original image a bit and then reupload it on order to make the important parts of the image easier to read.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, if discussing Cheats is fine here... Cheat Engine works fine. There's 3 variables (4 bytes), that tracking your score:

First one - your current score on level

Second one - same as first one, but it increases with delay, to do animation you see every time, you get points

And Third one - amount of points that going to your rank (it doesn't affect anything else and counts separately from your score, so it's not going to leaderboard)!

I was rank 14, put 200mil there, and got to rank 100