SFxTK Dead Already?

M1 Punk

I don't know man, I actually find it incredibly exciting to watch. Wondering if Chris G's opponent can come up with something brilliant in order to get in.

BTW, I really think Morrigan is more that just Fireball, Fly, Fireball, Un-fly. Chris G can play ridiculous offensive without throwing projectiles when he needs to on characters that can counter or outplay her with projectiles. (Dormammu, Hawkeye, Ammy etc.)

Other thing I noticed is that he knows when to call out or protect his Doom assist. That's easier said than done, Doom is on the screen for like 5 seconds which is enough time to finish him off with certain supers and DHC's.

Same, I actually enjoy watching his matches. Although I definitely preferred his old Ammy/Ryu team back in Vanilla but he took a character no one used until he made that strategy work.

Oh I know, Morrigan's offensive combos are actually really tight and require a buttload of muscle memory, I'm saying his "lame" pattern is simply that which in theory is extremely simplified. Honestly when people are saying "spamming omg" I always find it humorous since they're the easiest patterns to exploit, compared to some that have really strong 50/50 games.

Yeah, usually he calls him as she's going down so when she lands on the ground she shoots her normal fireball and goes back up so they have to chip two fireballs which gives Doom normally enough time. There's only a few armor supers (I definitely recommend C. Viper for the matchup, although MarlinPie has trouble against Chris.) but if people exploit it, they're gold. I agree with Chris G in that interview when he says that people change their main focus to killing his team to simply killing Morrigan by any means. Honestly, Morrigan alone isn't even that much of a problem since people don't have a crazy time with it when Dieminion plays her. Then again I'm more of a "theory fighter" than an actual player in Marvel. :c

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely agree, I think what gave this game a tough time was the time it was released. We just got AE 2012 at the beginning and before that people were still studying the meta game of UMvC3. With all these fighters coming back they tried to squeeze in one more capcom fighting game and honestly it didn't cut it. It felt like the developers were lost whole making the engine, as it has hype combos and great teamwork potential but one huge thing they messed up (IMO) is the damage scaling. If pokes were going to be the dominant part of the game, they made a huge design flaw right there as the game instantly becomes boring to 90% of the community other than the people who study for frames and such. I don't care if I die in two combos if they have 3 bars or even one crazy combo that requires 1 frame links or something but don't shoo off the MvC community by nerfing any combo past 4 hits.

Considering all the hype and amazing video packages, the gems weren't a problem until the defense gems were implemented. That and they should have just made Ryu and Ken mid or top mid tier like they are in every street fighter game, not give them huge hit box advantages since people only played Ryu in tournaments because he's so damn easy to play compared to the 40+ roster. Shame, since I personally think SF4 is boring (Since i'm ass at it.) and would've liked to see this game evolve more.

I think the release date was well picked, I just feels like the game was rushed or something. Releasing a fighting game in the first quarter of the year seems like the right time to me, pretty much no competition.

As for the damage scaling, I never had any complaints about that. Sure a dickhead like Ryu can do over 50% damage with 1 bar, but you can recover a lot of health by tagging out your characters. I myself play charge characters (Bison/Guile) and they're damage output is ass! I may be able to 450+ damage with Bison if I can land a jumping Fierce/Roundhouse but that doesn't happen to often. Although a character like Bison does benefit a lot from the juggling system and the A+B+C+Launch combos.

I can name 10 things I hate about this game but I still wanna play it. I love the characters (even though Capcom robbed me of 12), the art style, the 2 on 2 battles (adds more variety and strategy), extending combos with tags, team supers etc.

I can't believe I'm saying this but they should really make a "Super" version of this game. It's pretty much impossible to nail a great fighting game the first time. SSF4 and UMvC3 did fix a lot of problems.

Edited by M1 Punk

• 1 month later...

Tons of potential, but Capcom is all about boning its customers dry.

I mean if they wanted to actually succeed the version 2013 is going to help a bit, but they should still have a 1v1 option and they need to fix the mistake they made for the Xbox release with no online versus. That's the part I think is complete bullshit. Make an issue like that, and then say you're not going to fix it.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why did they close the "achievement trading" thread for a game that still has a somewhat active community and live servers????? Kinda counter productive to what this website/community is meant for....

WELL, either way, if anyone wants to idle boost the 500 matchs then shoot me a message. Im currently a little over 200 fights. Please put SFxTekken or something that indicates this game in the message.

GT: Kloud1123

Edited by darkkloud23

Why did they close the "achievement trading" thread for a game that still has a somewhat active community and live servers????? Kinda counter productive to what this website/community is meant for....

WELL, either way, if anyone wants to idle boost the 500 matchs then shoot me a message. Im currently a little over 200 fights. Please put SFxTekken or something that indicates this game in the message.

GT: Kloud1123

They probably want people using this http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=571389

Xbox 360 version still active as of 05/11/14

PC version still dead as bowls