Car Help Thread

AntneyB

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found mine by the ice box truck if you gotten that. idk if its all the same for everyone or not but after i got the ice box truck i started heading out and there she was. ooh it was such a lovely sight. so try that spot its in between Hollywood Blvd. and a street called Le Brea Ave. its on the top left of the map. it might help you it might not i'm not promising nothin, but its worth a check out. just drive up and down it a few times to see if you get different cars to come around if its not there right away

Im at 93 of 93 and missing The Cadillac Series 50, and the Cadillac Limosine, I've checked during the black caesar lot in that case other cases and free roam as well as other parking lots in the area including the one suggested on LaBrea and Harrison. please help

The tow truck however I found roaming around the southeast part of the city, I see a lot of them, dunno if that helps any

Update: I found the limo, right where it should have been across from the Black Caesar, reloading from the main menu, I dunno must be some luck involved

Update 2: somehow the limo didn't count have to find it again. BOO, this damn car achieve finally got it again still missing 1.

Update 3: got it finally. For any that have cases, I went into the vehicle showroom, hit x on the missing car and they either drove by or were parked as described in the guide. I really dont know if this made a difference, but I saw the suggestion on another thread and thought I would pass it along. (He suggested homicide free roam) Good luck

Edited by ace2ey
update

i found the police wagon at the crime scene of the studio secretary murder and my friend found it there as well

my problem at the moment is that i have 99.7 % game completion and all that i'm missing is two cars; buick 2dr sedanette and the chevrolet tow truck

i have spent hours looking for these cars in places given in the guides but i haven't had any luck so far

any help will be greatly appreciated

International Police Wagon - At the crime scene of "Studio Secretary Murder." from the location guide, worked for me. Otherwise It was one of the early cases, just have to get in one if you see it. I however have never seen one driving around

I need the Chevy Van (civilian) and the Plymouth Special Deluxe Six. I have been all over the suggested sites for the latter (Wilshire, South of Union Station, "Upon Reflection" replay (both the East and West lots), etc. NOTHING.

Update on the Plymouth...just read the wiki entry:

"If you do the street crime "Hot Property" on the Arson desk, you will chase a suspect in your car. Right when the chase starts, the criminal will cross a street and enter a parking lot. The parking lot has a Plymouth Special Deluxe Six."

While this wasn't the case for me, I DID actually run into the back of one on my way to the Street Crime for the third time. It looks WAY more common that I could even tell from the videos...I probably passed it a lot while searching for it.

I need the Chevy Van (civilian) and the Plymouth Special Deluxe Six. I have been all over the suggested sites for the latter (Wilshire, South of Union Station, "Upon Reflection" replay (both the East and West lots), etc. NOTHING.

FINALLY! Update on the Chevy Service Van...tried the method described here:

"Ok, guys, I've read on one of the other forums about a neat trick of getting your missing cars to spawn nearby.

First, from the menu enter Extras-> Vehicle Showdown and locate the missing car you want to find. Then press X.

After that go to Cases-> Homicide-> Free Roam

The desired car will either drive past you or be on the parking lot across the street"

While it didn't work exactly as described, it WAS in a parking lot a few blocks down. Again, it looked MUCH different than what I could gather from the YouTube vids (more like a regular car than a service van), so I guess the moral of the story is just get into ANYTHING that is close to what you're looking for.

Good Luck!

I still can't find that tow truck. I"ve been searching for hours... and hours... and I CAN'T FIND IT! Any set places for it?

It can be found driving around the Demolished Elysian Fields houses.

I guess it can be found in "House of Sticks" too, also near this location.

I found it without even looking for it just driving around.

Service cars:

1. International KB8

10. Chevrolet Tow Truck

15. International KB5

18. International KB8

I follow several guides and cant find, any advices?

International KB8: "This is an individual unique unlock from the regular KB8. It can be found in a parking lot on the west end of Hawthorn Ave in west Hollywood on La Brea Ave (near the first Film Reel)." There are several of them in the Polar Bear Ice Company's parking lot. It reads that on the side of the truck.

Chevrolet Tow Truck: See my above post.

International KB5: In the alley behind the building you circle around to sneak up on the rooftop sniper in "Manifest Destiny."

International KB8: I don't have an exact location for this one, I just found them driving around east downtown. I got lucky.

It can be found driving around the Demolished Elysian Fields houses.

I guess it can be found in "House of Sticks" too, also near this location.

I found it without even looking for it just driving around.

I've done this, for about an hour. Just running around these fields looking for it. I"ve spent 3 hours just running to and from places where people have said they have found it!

One of the International KB8 - is the polar ice one, for me it was exactly where the guide said, the other looks like it with anything else on the side. Try the area on or around the fourth street bridge. The KB5 is the flatbed, the bus "sniper" shootout on Manifest Destiny, keep running around the building and there should be 1 by a ladder you can use climb up shoot the guy etc.

International KB8: "This is an individual unique unlock from the regular KB8. It can be found in a parking lot on the west end of Hawthorn Ave in west Hollywood on La Brea Ave (near the first Film Reel)." There are several of them in the Polar Bear Ice Company's parking lot. It reads that on the side of the truck.

Chevrolet Tow Truck: See my above post.

International KB5: In the alley behind the building you circle around to sneak up on the rooftop sniper in "Manifest Destiny."

International KB8: I don't have an exact location for this one, I just found them driving around east downtown. I got lucky.

Thank you, i find polar bear truck.

Go Nozza!!! Was wondering when one of the mods would do this :)

Also worth mentioning Epic Awesomeness' theory on how to get a car you are missing, which has been confirmed by a number of members :)

In the menu go to extras

Then go to Vehicle showroom

Go to a vehicle you haven’t driven yet

While over it press A

Then go to Cases and pick Homicide Free roam

The car you selected should be in the parking lot in front of you or around it

In my experience it worked real well with 2 door and 4 door vehicles but not service vehicles

Edited by DENAz666

Go Nozza!!! Was wondering when one of the mods would do this :)

Also worth mentioning Epic Awesomeness' theory on how to get a car you are missing, which has been confirmed by a number of members :)

In the menu go to extras

Then go to Vehicle showroom

Go to a vehicle you haven’t driven yet

While over it press A

Then go to Cases and pick Homicide Free roam

The car you selected should be in the parking lot in front of you or around it

In my experience it worked real well with 2 door and 4 door vehicles but not service vehicles

Lol me to... so happy he created this. i dont know about others.. but i was gonna flip my lid if people kept making them specific car threads.:p

lol parking lot is a joke i need 9 cars im done cant find any of them nothin seems to be working 4 me to(parking lot lol thanks but i tried like 10 times no luck)

service-gmc pickup/buick ambulance/int. kb8(cant find polar ice)

sports- mercury custom/ nash lafayette convertible

4dr caddy-75 series limo/plymouth sedan/plymouth special delux/ pontiac sedan

any help wouldbe greatly appreciated