VERY easy compared to Trials HD

gmurda33

This game was a cake walk for me pretty much. I only have the scenic route achievement left, and it seems easy enough, as I already have all the tracks done with no faults, I just have to do them in one run now. I thought maybe I had gotten better at trials somehow, so I went back and played trials HD, as I only have one extreme track done. I tried every other one and couldnt pass them. FML.

Of course its going to be easier for those who have played and completed HD. The games engine, gameplay & controls havn't changed. Its the same game with slightly better environments and different tracks. For players who havn't played HD there is still going be a huge learning curve.

I would say that all the beginner-hard track were pretty easy, I don't have all gold on hard but they won't be too hard when I start to practise them more. Extreme tracks on the other hand... I have passed em all expect Inferno 3 and that is just ridiculous. I can't get past the second checkpoint lol

Difficulty doesn't really matter, its beati8ng your friends times & trying to beat your own time that has you coming back again & again

This right here.

On top of that I really like what RL did with this game. Sure it's pretty easy to complete every track and probably get most of the achievements, but now go platinum "Wrecked" and tell me how easy it is. They made it easy enough that almost everyone will get to see almost all the courses, but hard enough that mastering those skills will take a long time.

I STILL can't get passed the stone hand in the demo. The other day I tried 20+ times and quit. Other than that, I think the game is a lot of fun...like the jumps in the coaster course!

Just lean forward while your going up the ramp leading to the hand, you should land right in the center of it, then you can keep going, it beats the hand everytime haha.

Achievements wise it is, because Inferno 3 kicked my ass for a good 20 minutes before i completed it! As stated above though its the competitive side of Trials that is very addictive, which is why multiplayer was such a brilliant addition to the game.

RL already patched HD to make it easier, and even then it was damn hard, I think they are now appearing towards a broader audience which is a good thing, there are still hard tracks there for the elites, but achievement wise they have it locked down nicely I think.

Thank god for that... I got stuck on HD and never finished it. Wouldn't have bought this if they didn't make it easier.

I think it may be a bit easier for some tracks, but at the same time some of the environment destruction and interaction can really throw you off on a perfect run.

one reason why I think it may be easier is the license tests, which give you a handle of what to expect in the next tracks. I haven't played HD in a while, but if I remember correctly by the time the extreme tracks had come along, there game gave you no help at all on how to pull off some of the tricky parts or different methods like feathering and more in depth balance shifting. I remember having to look on youtube and study some videos a few times on how to pull of some parts for the extreme tracks.

OP it's interesting that you still can't do the extreme tracks on HD because I think discounting all the experience I got on HD some of them are probably just as difficult. Inferno 3 is every bit as hard as 2 IMO and The Wreck has that box of death that gets a good few faults out of me every time. First three Extreme ones on Evolution were easy as hell though, wouldn't have been out of place in the Hard section tbh.

The achievements are a hell of a lot easier for sure though. Unyielding II is the only one that is harder than its similar Trials HD counterpart, Scenic Route is totally laughable compared to Marathon. Had some minor bother with Burned to a Crisp but that only took me about 20 tries, nothing I couldn't handle after playing HD.

Edited by Flugruger

I STILL can't get passed the stone hand in the demo. The other day I tried 20+ times and quit. Other than that, I think the game is a lot of fun...like the jumps in the coaster course!

That's so funny because I played the demo twice and the first time I breezed through that map. I didn't even notice it was a hand when I played it again last night, my girlfriend pointed it out and I died on it about ten times. I loved the first game and really want this. I've stopped buying most arcade games new because they're always half off within a few months but man I think I'm gonna give in and get this today. This is precisely what arcade games should be. The addictive fun of the Trials series give me fuzzy feelings like the Pro Skater series once did.

This game was a cake walk for me pretty much. I only have the scenic route achievement left, and it seems easy enough, as I already have all the tracks done with no faults, I just have to do them in one run now. I thought maybe I had gotten better at trials somehow, so I went back and played trials HD, as I only have one extreme track done. I tried every other one and couldnt pass them. FML.

Agreed, though I haven't gone back and tried HD to compare and see yet. I think they had to tone it down a bit from the first one b/c some of the were just ridiculous!! Though I completed all my tracks it became frustrating to see some players breeze through the Extreme ones in HD!!!! I'm currently working the platinum Medals (bought the game Saturday and have 6 now)