Leaked Image of Frank West & Strider in MVC3

While I could never say that these two characters would not be in the game, this image is 99.99% fake.

Link proving its fake:

http://img251.imageshack.us/i/stridermvc3fake2.png/

I dont really see how that proves anything.

On the health bar pic, idk about strider, for frank, I have thourougly played every game he's in and im pretty sure he has never had hair like that, but I sure hope that frank is coming.

Yeah, that's clearly Frank from TvC. You obviously haven't played every (3) game he's been in if you can't recognize that.

I want Strider, but this is so painfully fake. I'm going to wait for an official announcement before believing anything.

Fake, but it's truly disgusting (being a Dead Rising {ONE} fan) that Capcom didn't put Frank in the game. Their excuse for not putting him into the game was basically "His move-set was too difficult to incorporate into the game." Really Capcom? Really? I guess TVC was just...total bullshit right? The fact that they're actually considering putting Phoenix Wright into the game is astonishing. He's a lawyer. Does he have the wide array of fighting moves that Frank has? Nope. Has he been in a fighting game before? Nope. Has Frank? Yup. Capcom, figure it out.

Fake, but it's truly disgusting (being a Dead Rising {ONE} fan) that Capcom didn't put Frank in the game. Their excuse for not putting him into the game was basically "His move-set was too difficult to incorporate into the game." Really Capcom? Really? I guess TVC was just...total bullshit right? The fact that they're actually considering putting Phoenix Wright into the game is astonishing. He's a lawyer. Does he have the wide array of fighting moves that Frank has? Nope. Has he been in a fighting game before? Nope. Has Frank? Yup. Capcom, figure it out.

Pheonix was considered for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and I remember them having a move set problem. The issue was "異議あり!" and "Objection!" which would require a change between versions. Since MvC 3 is more English than Japanese, its possible they will just ignore this. Regardless he was considered and wanted by Tatsunoko from what I read.

As far as Frank, isn't that the name of the game with MvC 3? the reason spec mode wasn't added was due to Lag. MvC 3 is a nice game, but its in no way the most complex game out there. I am not saying it would be easy, but its without a doubt not that hard.

Their excuse for not putting him into the game was basically "His move-set was too difficult to incorporate into the game."

I thought the reason was that they werent able to give him zombie summon moves without them causing tons of lag and desync when playing online.I also think that is the same reason why we got Nina Williams instead of MvC2 Jill.

I thought the reason was that they werent able to give him zombie summon moves without them causing tons of lag and desync when playing online.I also think that is the same reason why we got Nina Williams instead of MvC2 Jill.

Honestly, there's absolutely no way that summoning zombies would cause any more lag than summoning assists would cause. If you take into account all the shit that's happening on screen at once, I highly doubt throwing in some basic zombie models would "break the game".

On the Jill note, they didn't put old Jill in for the same reason they didn't put in old Wesker or old Chris. MvC3 is an attempt to bridge the gap between the hardcore MvC fans and newcomers to the series. Most "new-age" gamers never played the old Resident Evil games (which is SUCH a shame). Their first experience with Resident Evil was probably 4 or 5, and so they can more easily recognize the newer models.

Just look at Spencer. Exact same situation. They used the new model of Spencer because they just recently released the re-imagining of Bionic Commando and not many people can recognize the older version. It makes sense that they're doing this, it insures that they'll reach a broader spectrum of consumers and thus achieve better sales. As long as they don't start screwing around and use the Wolverine : Origins adaptation of Deadpool, I'll be fine with this.

Edited by Frostylongcat

Pheonix was considered for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and I remember them having a move set problem. The issue was "異議あり!" and "Objection!" which would require a change between versions. Since MvC 3 is more English than Japanese, its possible they will just ignore this. Regardless he was considered and wanted by Tatsunoko from what I read.

As far as Frank, isn't that the name of the game with MvC 3? the reason spec mode wasn't added was due to Lag. MvC 3 is a nice game, but its in no way the most complex game out there. I am not saying it would be easy, but its without a doubt not that hard.

Well of course, I can totally see sticking Phoenix into TvC. That game is a bit more goofy (considering it's Japanese) and he would fit just fine into that game. But TvC is not played competitively at the same level that marvel is being played. Just look at MvC2. That's STILL being played at major gaming tournaments.

You have to consider characters in the long run. Sure, people are screaming that they want Phoenix, but Capcom has to appeal to both casual and tournament players at the same time. I can't see Phoenix being a very strong fighter, and I think hardcore players don't want to waste character slots on jokes. Then again, I understand that it's not all about the hardcore players, but you have to consider that the casual gamers aren't going to be playing this game long enough for it to really matter. Hardcore players will most likely be playing this game for MANY years to come.

Now, when you say "isn't that the name of the game?" I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If you mean that not all characters are bound to get in and Capcom can't please everyone, I completely agree with you. But considering how much of a fan uprising there is in favor of Frank, I don't really see the excuse. If I had it my way, I would probably choose other characters over Frank (Such as Strider, Bison, and possibly Gene), but regardless, it would be really nice to see Frank in the game.