Am I just bad?

TorsoBOB

Seriously? I had zero problems playing the Top Spin on Xbox or even Virtua Tennis, in fact I was real good at them but I'm having serious trouble playing this one. I'm in the middle of season two and my stats aren't too bad but every opponent I play against has 100% gold stars where I might have 10gold and about 25 silver. I can do the minors and majors with out much trouble but when it comes to a masters event I just get owned by cross court shots that are impossible for me to return back. Am i doing something wrong or am I just a shitty tennis player? :uzi:Top Spin 2

yes, the cpu does the cross court shots pretty good. you have to get better prepared for them. what i'll do is pay attention to the way the cpu handles the racket. normally you can tell where the ball is gonna go. if they do a cross court shot to a corner i'll nail it back to the same spot they hit it from with a slice usually and run back in position. normally then i'll get a shot right to me that's when i top spin the shiznit out of it to the other corner and back and forth. usually this works against most the players. some of the players like roddick can be more of a pain.

Ok,I'm really having problems with this game. I can't seem to pass the training levels on the first, sometimes even the second tries. I only win 70% of my matches right now, and I suck at holding the RT to do the sweet spins. I only had 28 career points at the end of season one--- should I start over?? Anyone have the best way to do a career where my stats are up to par and I can get the 1000 career points?? Any simulating??

So far after season one I have like four silver stars and no gold.

well if your gonna try to sim to get that i'd suggest only simming the minors and majors. the cpu players are easily beatable with a maxed out character. heck even sometimes i've had my maxed character with 60 gold stars lose in those tournaments but u can't just sim the whole 5 seasons and get the achievement. here's what i suggest to get it.

play first 2 seasons and try to get your stats maxed 60/60. sim seasons 3,4,5 and only play all the grand slams and u should be able to have enough points to get it. at seasons end of every season keep track of your total career points so you don't miss out on it like some of us did.

all i did for season 1 was training,play in minors only and some of the special events for the cash that i was gonna need for training but i had like 16,000,000 at end of career so money comes easily anyways. season 2 i trained played in majors only and played some more special events. season 3 is where i started playing only majors and slams. cause when u get 60/60 stats the majors and slams are the only ones i see worth playing cause it just gets too easy playing the minors and majors and it's not worth many career points to play those.

i played the masters and grand slams and simmed the majors and regionals for 3 seasons last night.

that gave me 1200 career points at the end of season 3.

the best one to do for maxing out your stats is the biillionairs bithday- i got like 30 gold stars for that, plus 5 million :p

and when you have the points, just sim the tournaments and play the slams and masters to keep the points ticking over

I've only ever had difficulty with this game when looking at pictures of James Blakes' girlfriend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/skyypirate/jenniferscholle-gm_l6.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/skyypirate/jenniferscholle-gm_l4.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/skyypirate/jenniferscholle-gm_l3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/skyypirate/jenniferscholle-gm_l2.jpg

Yowza!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...