Just started farming Adams legit

ShiFtY 1

Not maxed out yet, each character has a full role to go. What makes the difference is the genji glove on fang, seriously. Without it, you're not going to knock out the legs in one hit with Highwind. But anyway, my strat and character stats below. Only one with her 'Ultimate' weapon is Fang as she makes the difference once you get him down and to 999%. I'm looking for this to help people newer to downing Adams legit get an idea for what they need and also to perfect my own method.

Fang

Kains Lance *

Generals Belt* < ---- helps newer parties a lot, 25% physical reduction is key

Gengi Glove*

Power Glove*

Con Catalog*

Str = 2600

Lightning

Ultima Weapon*

Generals Belt*

Power Glove*

Power Glove*

Collectors Gatalog*

Str = 2000

Vanille

Malboro Wand*

Generals Belt*

Weirding Glyph*

Weirding Glyph*

Growth Egg*

Magic = 2600

Paradigms are Fang/Lightning/Vanille

Sab/Syn/Syn

Com/Med/Med

Rav/Rav/Rav

Com/Com/Rav

Sab/Syn/Sab

I start off with Sab/Syn/Syn. I spam Deprotect and Deshell while Vanille and Light start to buff my party. As soon as they both stick I go to Rav/Rav/Rav until the leg is up to 500% then I immedietly switch to Com/Med/Med and Highwind the leg, taking it down. I then switch back to the first Paradigm and do the exact same thing to second leg. At this point, Lightning and Fang should have a nice array of buffs on your party. Most importantly is Bravara on Fang/Lightning, and I've never seen them not have it on by the time the second leg goes down. Right after the second leg is down I switch to Sab/Syn/Sab and cast Imperil until it sticks, by this time Vanille has cast Deprotect and Deshell - those three are all you need. Switch to Rav/Rav/Rav until the stagger bar is 900%+ then switch to Com/Com/Rav and hack away. Usually, for me, doing a Highwind at 15%-20% will kill the Adam the rest of the way, but it may be different for other parties so get a feel for it.

This is with one role left to max for each character. My best time is 2:30. Trust me, do this as soon as you are able as it's so much faster than the Death method. Running around Gran Pulse, My record is 13 in one hour. The most I ever got using Death was 7 because of the need to farm TP and Death's wacky percentage rate.

You are going to need to have the correct roles mastered for each character such as Synergist for Light, so if you want to start farming Adams, do those first.

Edited by ShiFtY 1

Legit as no Death spamming? If this is what you're stating, I don't think Death spamming is "cheating". It's a matter of luck technique. Just different technique. I mean, it's not a glitching or anything. It may be little cheap, but it also based on highly on luck.

Good strategy on the fighting.

Sorry, I did not mean to come off like Death is cheating (I did Death myself, how do think I got the on trap for Fang? :p).

No other strategy I have found or tried (thus far) comes close to this. I take them down between 1:30-1:40, every single time. My equipment is a little bit different, Fang has 3 kaiser knuckles and a genji, light has a gaian ring, collector cat, and a genji, and Hope has a gaian ring, 2 magus bracers and a genji. My time is almost always 1:34.

I use a similar strategy, managed to get my turtle grinding down to 1:40 on average, with my personal best being 1:36. Everyone maxed, maxed weapons, just simply grinding for gil for treasure hunter. Nothing personal, and I am grateful for you taking your time to post but your paradigm setup is terribly inefficient.

Here's how I do it

Fang: Gaian Ring, Kaiser Knuckles, Power Glove, Genji Glove

Lightning: Gaian Ring, Aurora Scarf, Power Glove, Genji Glove

Vanille: Gaian Ring, Genji Glove, Collector, Connoisseur

Paradigms:

Fang/Light/Vanille

Syn/Syn/Syn

Rav/Rav/Rav

Sab/Sab/Sab

Com/Com/Com

Com/Med/Med

sen/sen/sen (largely irrelevant, only there for fighting Shoalong Gui)

Enter battle as Syn/Syn/Syn, manually cast bravera/faithra on everyone, by then Light will have everyone hasted and Vanille will have everyone protected. Switch to com/med/med to heal and get Fang nearer the left leg (default target), then switch to rav/rav/rav and stagger it, immediatly go back to com/med/med and highwind to break it. While still in com/med/med, target and attack the right leg then immediately swap to rav/rav/rav and stagger and break it like the first one. The reason behind targetting the next leg manually is that the next default target is ALWAYS the Ada's face... if you go straight back to tri-disaster after breaking the first leg Light and Vanille will waste a round attack its head, annoying.

Once the ada falls, immediatly swap to sab/sab/sab, get at the very least 4 debuffs on it, then go to rav/rav/rav and raise that gauge to above 900, then switch back to com/com/com and finish it. If you are low on attack, your bravera may wear off.. it won't matter at that point, turtle should be near dead.. Highwind that mofo in his eyeball for the coup de grace, or not if you're boring. BOO TO YOU.

As a side note, my Fang has 3500 attack, Light is at 2.2k / 2.2k and Vanille has 2.6k magic. Health should be a non-issue for the entirity of the fight, and the longest and most annoying aspect is reloading or finding a new turtle to show who's boss to.

Edit: Addendum: I used this same strat with Fang at 2.8k attack while I was still leveling and getting her ultimate weapon, at that attack she cannot break a leg with 1 Highwind, you need to hit a staggered leg with 1 additional rav/rav/rav round, then highwind it.

Edited by mrzimma

Not maxed out yet, each character has a full role to go. What makes the difference is the genji glove on fang, seriously. Without it, you're not going to knock out the legs in one hit with Highwind. But anyway, my strat and character stats below. Only one with her 'Ultimate' weapon is Fang as she makes the difference once you get him down and to 999%. I'm looking for this to help people newer to downing Adams legit get an idea for what they need and also to perfect my own method.

Fang

Kains Lance *

Generals Belt* < ---- helps newer parties a lot, 25% physical reduction is key

Gengi Glove*

Power Glove*

Con Catalog*

Str = 2600

Lightning

Ultima Weapon*

Generals Belt*

Power Glove*

Power Glove*

Collectors Gatalog*

Str = 2000

Vanille

Malboro Wand*

Generals Belt*

Weirding Glyph*

Weirding Glyph*

Growth Egg*

Magic = 2600

Paradigms are Fang/Lightning/Vanille

Sab/Syn/Syn

Com/Med/Med

Rav/Rav/Rav

Com/Com/Rav

Sab/Syn/Sab

I start off with Sab/Syn/Syn. I spam Deprotect and Deshell while Vanille and Light start to buff my party. As soon as they both stick I go to Rav/Rav/Rav until the leg is up to 500% then I immedietly switch to Com/Med/Med and Highwind the leg, taking it down. I then switch back to the first Paradigm and do the exact same thing to second leg. At this point, Lightning and Fang should have a nice array of buffs on your party. Most importantly is Bravara on Fang/Lightning, and I've never seen them not have it on by the time the second leg goes down. Right after the second leg is down I switch to Sab/Syn/Sab and cast Imperil until it sticks, by this time Vanille has cast Deprotect and Deshell - those three are all you need. Switch to Rav/Rav/Rav until the stagger bar is 900%+ then switch to Com/Com/Rav and hack away. Usually, for me, doing a Highwind at 15%-20% will kill the Adam the rest of the way, but it may be different for other parties so get a feel for it.

This is with one role left to max for each character. My best time is 2:30. Trust me, do this as soon as you are able as it's so much faster than the Death method. Running around Gran Pulse, My record is 13 in one hour. The most I ever got using Death was 7 because of the need to farm TP and Death's wacky percentage rate.

You are going to need to have the correct roles mastered for each character such as Synergist for Light, so if you want to start farming Adams, do those first.

this worked like a charm been wanting to get off death for a minute now...appreciate this alot man

okay this is the first tiem iv used fangs highwind move and im thinking i must be doing something wrong. she has bravery and the leg has deprotect, yet its doing like 5k damage each time?

oh i only have the dragonhorn* does that make such a big difference?

Edited by Muse89

If you have 3k str, Bravery, Enfire (Enfire usually gets cast once Imperil hits, and Imperil is a MUST for building Stagger meter, always cast it when you want to Stagger something with a high Stagger limit) and Deprotect on enemy, whilst staggered you should be hitting with Highwind around 1million damage, it also hits twice? or 3 times? I forget now. I know for a fact with my 3.3k str I would hit for over 1.5 million on Highwind, which is just enough to take out a Staggered Leg on a Long Gui.

Don't remember which version Dragonhorn is, but it sounds like a Tier 2 weapon, you need to get Fang's Tier 3 weapon which is Kain's Lance. And preferably a high str yielding version.

great guide and thanks for this. ive been looking for 3 days on how to do this. and now its right in front of me. thanks.

I guess having sprint shoes and aurora scarf arn't needed then. Guess i'll take them off everyone.

Edited by i love anime

Right now i'm in the middle of this strategy. I hadn't worked on taking out the legs, I was still using a summon to do it.

But once the summon took him down, as long as you don't gestalt, then i was able to kill the adam outright using the same kind of strategy. Up the stagger meter to near 7 or 8 hundred and then just hack away.

Fang, Light, hope

This was done without a genji Glove.

The key for me though, was once I summoned, I used Fang to debuff and let bahamut get the stagger guage up. Slow was my friend to keep Adam from getting up.

You might be able to save some more time w/ fang light snow. Only downfall is the summon.

1. Summon

2. Buff up bahamut w/ bravera and haste

3. Switch to sab. and cast slow, deshell, imperil, and deprotect

4. Wait for ur summon to leave then buff up light n snow w/ only bravera ( they will haste themselves)

5. Switch to cerberus and auto battle while picking ur nose or something, he'll be dead in no more than 1:45

You might be able to save some more time w/ fang light snow. Only downfall is the summon.

1. Summon

4. Wait for ur summon to leave then buff up light n snow w/ only bravera ( they will haste themselves)

5. Switch to cerberus and auto battle while picking ur nose or something, he'll be dead in no more than 1:45

1. Summon

Farming for TP waste 5 minutes. As I said, if you can do it without summons, do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Trying this strategy out, and so far having issues when he roars. Is this because I'm not getting the legs down fast enough?

He's making my other two people dizzy or something, unable to move/act for a minute or so.

Nevermind, just wasn't quick enough two times.

Edited by Trueflight

If anybody is using the Eidelons to take down the Adamantoise, you don't really need them unless you are mid-game and need the summon. Speeding up the process and no need to farm TP. Once you are about 15K+ I would go without using summons...

Just make sure you have SEN / SEN / SEN preferably somewhere in the middle on your paradigm deck so you can get to it if you are in any other paradigm at the time. As soon as you see a foot go up, switch. You do a lot of switching at first. Once you get used to it. It becomes a piece of cake. The legs usually go up every 3 turns. If you see Roar in a box immediately switch asap - that's the killer move always be on alert for this. You have to be quick on that one. Quake is easy you get plenty of time.

Sticking 35% earth resistance item in helps a lot. Stick one on each character. They are the upgraded* version. Doesn't cost much to make.

A Ghenji Glove on Fang does help, but not essential. Stick strength boosts onto Fang. As many as possible. I would replace Sprint Shoes with a strengh boost and just have Aurora Scarf* in. So 2 power items can be added.

Use Fang / Vanille / Light (Equip light so she attains a lot of speed boost with Enkindler* if possible)

If you start with SYN SYN SYN and let everybody get buffed, it helps tremendously. Haste especially. You then want to take down a leg. Go SAB SAB RAV. Usually as soon as you start the default target is selected. Most of the time it's a leg. Go for this because it's the one the computer is aiming for (nearly all the time). Hopefully you can manually assign these. Debuff with Imperil / Deshell / Deprotect. Switch to COM RAV RAV. Attack the debuffed leg until it staggers. Instantly use Highwind. Leg down.

Now if you go SYN SYN SYN again and cast Bravera / Haste / Enfire on Fang, then next time hold right on dpad on abilities to repeat attack then stick it on Light (not so important but it helps as she is much quicker than Fang).

Now switch to SAB SAB RAV and repeat the process to take down the other leg. Get it staggered. Switch to COM / RAV / RAV and remember the repeat option. Hold dpad right on abilities to enable repeat. Highwind should activate.

Switch to SAB SAB RAV. Debuff the helpless fool who's flopping around like a fish on land. Imperil / Deprotect / Deshell and Slow so it doesn't get up as quick). Then COM / RAV / RAV to stagger floppy.

The SYN SYN SYN session before the second leg means Bravera / Haste / Enfire should still be activated until the big guy is down and out. Meaning as soon as you have the debuffs on the enemy, it's time for punishment. Go COM / COM / COM or COM / RAV / COM. Let the beating commence. Get him down to 1/5 HP and unleash Highwind. If he get's up early. Which sometimes happens... bring it back down to earth with Highwind and hope his HP was low enough. He seems to get up if the HP get's really low. This finishes him off for sure.

The main thing out of all of this is sticking the Earth resistance helps so much and SEN SEN SEN asap whenever you see him doing an action. Actually go one step further. Listen to the sounds it makes. There are pre-sounds you can listen to so you know when he is preparing an attack.

Note: If you switch Light to Leader and use Army of One. You can use this to your advantage. She slows down time when this move activates making it easier to see if the enemy is attacking. Just switch to SEN SEN SEN to protect yourself - even if she is halfway through AoO for some reason she still protects herself from the attack, as soon as the move hits, switch back to offense. If you are struggling give it a try. It helped me out until my team was leveled up quite high. If you use that move when the enemy is staggered, the chain guage flies up real fast. Giving you more damage in the long run. When you see that meter between 950%-999% you may aswell go Commando from that point. 2-3 turns of Army of one will get you there :)