Does Call of Duty: Black Ops have the same hype as MW2?

Pacificus X

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think so. MW2's hype came from the fact that MW was such a great game. People expected it to far surpass MW1 and become one of the greatest games ever. However, blackops is being released right after MW2. Now i love mw2 but i am non-biased and can admit it has some MAJOR flaws. For this reason i think people are a little more resevered on what their expectations of what black ops will be. For instance there are alot of people who are already saying the game will be great, however there are a TON of people who are holding their thoughts until the game is out (like myself). I think black ops has potential but i need it proven to me first, so i am not adding to the hype at all.

I dont think so. MW2's hype came from the fact that MW was such a great game. People expected it to far surpass MW1 and become one of the greatest games ever. However, blackops is being released right after MW2. Now i love mw2 but i am non-biased and can admit it has some MAJOR flaws. For this reason i think people are a little more resevered on what their expectations of what black ops will be. For instance there are alot of people who are already saying the game will be great, however there are a TON of people who are holding their thoughts until the game is out (like myself). I think black ops has potential but i need it proven to me first, so i am not adding to the hype at all.
I completely agree. But due to recent news on "Sweepers" (people assigned to play and search for mods/cheats/glitches), the multiplayer is most likely much more refined than MW2's multiplayer. In my opinion, MW2 was rushed and thus problems and mistakes weren't found so easily such as the care package glitch, javelin glitch, overpowered models, etc. Black ops was developed by the whole Treyarch company with a lot of effort put into, as far as I know. This game might just blow MW2 straight out of the water. Or, like MW2, it'll be a complete sh*t-storm.

Because of the success of the origional MW, MW2 was pretty hyped up. Even though WaW was a very nice game, it wasn't as popular as the first MW. Black Ops has a new take on things, its not WW2 or Modern Warfare here. I think the new perspective and setting will make it a very interesting game, though I don't think it'll be as hyped as MW2.

The hype has been downgraded by how flawed MW2 was. Don't get me wrong, I love MW2 and don't have the same problems everyone else has with the game.

But the main downturn for me is that it is made by Treyach. I didn't like COD3 and I didn't like WaW, so that's a pretty bad record. (Although, I don't like WW2 games, so that could be part of the reason.

No it is not its is being hyped up more. Everyone that hates at least one thing in MW2 is falling in love with BO. I will admit that BO looks good but that is far as I will take it now until the game comes out, I will hold anything about how good this game will be. IMO BO has all the potential of being the best COD since COD 4 but only time will tell. I will say this I sure do hope that BO is better in every way than MW2

There is almost no hype to this game. That dosnt mean that less people are going to buy it though. If it was Modern Warfare 3 I think the hype would shaddow Medal of Honor and other big name titles this fall. The fact of the matter is this isnt Infinity Ward, so I dont care about anything but zombies.

i think blackops will be better than MW2, but jus like you, i know it has ALOT of flaws.. mostly due to hackers.. i think if no one would have hacked MW2, it would still be jus as fun as it was on day one.. but ive heard rumors than blackops isnt moddable(well jus have to wait an see) but from everything ive seen.. i do think it will be better than MW2 IMO.. MW2 started out strong, then once hackers got ahold of it, it slowly went down the hill.. IF no one hacks blackops, i think it will have the potential to be the best call of duty..

NO because MW2 had one of the best game trailers I have ever seen. It also had no stop ads and it was made by IW which is considered by most to be the best makers of COD.

Also Black ops is coming out where a lot of really good games are coming out aswell stealing it's heat such as Fallout,NFS,MOH,enslaved,Fifa 11,Fable 3,Assassins creed brotherhood and the list goes on.

NO because MW2 had one of the best game trailers I have ever seen. It also had no stop ads and it was made by IW which is considered by most to be the best makers of COD.

Also Black ops is coming out where a lot of really good games are coming out aswell stealing it's heat such as Fallout,NFS,MOH,enslaved,Fifa 11,Fable 3,Assassins creed brotherhood and the list goes on.

Agreed. There has only been like 2 big Black Ops coverage, the teaser trailier with theater mode and the September 1st event coverage. Thats it, we see no more trailers, their community director (The Robert Bowling of Treyarch) really doesnt get out there and talk to us and get coverage. I see NO TV commercials for this and its out in a month, hell I still see Reach trailers up the ass. Plus its following probably the worst call of duty in the series that has made a lot of players lose faith in the series, also its not by Infinity Ward which Call of duty is its baby. You really cant get hyper as high as MW2 because CoD4 was a beast game, just god-like so when a sequel came out everyone was excited, but Black Ops is a single starter (like CoD4 was), its following a bad game (like CoD4 followed CoD 3 ) and they are fixing a lot. I think this game could be the next CoD4 but it has like no hype. MW2 really killed it for the series besides the glitches and the hackers, its broken with One Man Army noob tubes + Danger Close and Commando knife (say what you want but this is a fact, hense why Treyarch listened to the community and removed this bullshit from the game).

No this game is hell I think even less hyped then World at War, I mean I see no commercials but honestly I think this game could revive the crashed Call of Duty series cause if its a stinker or worse then MW2 which I highly doubt it will be...then I think this series cant pull its head out of the ground, its already sinking.