Legendary Weapon : The Broken Rattle Glitched? Help Needed

Redrum4

Ok,

So I started this quest and I have tried everything and am thinking this may be glitched. I have 3 of the 4 Gold Mask Idols and when I highlight quest I have a red X on the top most temple (I started quest there) I have gone through every temple 10 times spent over 6 hrs looking and in one temple I have a spot for the Mask/idol and it says I do not have the item needed. Has anyone else found it or have this issue? I want to get this done as I want to 100% every quest and leg item thanks in advance

I had no problems with this quest. Try the gamepressure guide for locations of the masks.

The Gamepressure guide has got some errors in it, including this quest. I had the same problem, and the fourth mask is not in the southern cave like they said it was.

Check for a quest in the village, some Inquisition Protector should have a request that you track down a group of pirates and its leader named Black Dog. Black Dog has got the last mask that you're looking for, you'll get it when you loot his body. At least, that's where I found the missing mask in my playthrough.

He's located just west of the village. Let me know if you found it.

Check for a quest in the village, some Inquisition Protector should have a request that you track down a group of pirates and its leader named Black Dog. Black Dog has got the last mask that you're looking for, you'll get it when you loot his body. At least, that's where I found the missing mask in my playthrough.

+1

I too got thrown off by the incorrect instructions in the gamepressure guide.

• 6 months later...

I had the same problem, the game says I don't have the right item

After some search on the web I've found three different walkthrough :

1) the mask is in the cave with the "Flame Door"

2) the mask is in Black Dog body

3) the mask is in Black Dog or Garcia body

The solution 1) I think is an error

For 2) and 3) it seems doesn't work for me cause I killed Garcia, I killed Blag Dog and returned the dagger to Palomo but It seems I don0t have the golden mask. I have one in the inventory but it seems not the right one

Appreciate for any help