The title will be "Halo 5".

Hishoa

Axis Animation -- the team who created the Spartan Ops CG videos may have accidentally let slip that Halo Xbox One will be titled Halo 5 after they uploaded a video to their Vimeo.
link to article: http://teambeyond.net/halo-xbox-one-is-halo-5/#sthash.ARNYk3ZP.dpbs

link to vimeo (long since made private):

link to a mirror youtube video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af6NeC5mGcM]"Halo 5" Teaser Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

obligatory screencap:

http://www.eteknix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Halo-5-620x400.png

So if this is 1000000% true, than I hate every single one of you for ignoring me when I kept repeating:

I honestly don't even care what 343 or Phil Spencer are saying at this point. I'm 110% sure they're just trying to keep everything "mysterious" and what we saw was indeed a Halo 5 trailer and there's not going to be a game in between 4 & 5. That's just my gut feeling.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5jlvydicP1rula7qo1_250.gif

So if this is 1000000% true, than I hate every single one of you for ignoring me when I kept repeating:

But I thought 343i said they were extending the Reclaimer trilogy, and turning it into a saga to beef it up with more games :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Uhh. Shoot. Well I guess the Twilight Saga has only 4 books...uhhh...

Maybe there'll be Halo 5, Halo: Insert Subtitle Here, and Halo 6?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5jlvydicP1rula7qo1_250.gif

But I thought 343i said they were extending the Reclaimer trilogy, and turning it into a saga to beef it up with more games :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Uhh. Shoot. Well I guess the Twilight Saga has only 4 books...uhhh...

Maybe there'll be Halo 5, Halo: Insert Subtitle Here, and Halo 6?

Nice gif :p

And 343 is a fucking mess it seems like! Maybe they were only bluffing the beef up of Halo's saga and they'll pull a Bungie. Main game, main game, side game, main game, clincher game.

I personally think they should just do three main games, and then move on to a new IP...even if it's another FPS. They're one of thew few "exclusive" Microsoft devs so they need to expand their territory beyond Halo after Halo 6. It'd be a shame if the company just died out, but I guess that wouldn't happen anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont mind it being called halo 5...but i really hope they dont have loadout and just go to trying to attack each other for the better weapon on the map because those loadouts for halo 4 were BS...the best part about that game was having fun killing enemies trying to get the rocket launcher and sniper rifle...btw i enjoy they bring back old maps because they were fun and all..but why cant they just make a map like it and add alot more different things...changing the name and just adding different colors/light textures doesnt make it a new map i dont want them turning into the COD franchise :(

A bit too early for another Halo!?

Preaching to the choir, buddy.

btw i enjoy they bring back old maps because they were fun and all..but why cant they just make a map like it and add alot more different things...changing the name and just adding different colors/light textures doesnt make it a new map i dont want them turning into the COD franchise :(

What are you talking about? With the "innovations" Halo 4 brought, no remake will ever be identical to the nostalgia from the previous games. Take Ragnarok for example; now we have jetpackers who can fly up and camp the edges of the map atop the massive cliffs. There's also the Mantis and timed ordinance weapons that throw more gameplay elements into the mix.

Then there's the Pitt -- it is, in your own words, "like" its predessesor. For example, there are now platforms inside each base that allows easy access to the center of the map, an access route that normally required a grenade jump in Halo 3. They added additional areas beneath the sword room as well as a man cannon that propelled you upwards. They've removed several boxes that, in Halo 3, allowed you to enter areas that are otherwise inaccessable in Halo 4.

I find it a bit alarming that you think these maps are identical to the ones they're honoring -- it seems like you're not too familiar with them to begin with.

But even if they were identical, it wouldn't matter. With players having ordinance drops, jetpacks, active camo, promethean vision, instant respawn, all-sprint, and whatever else gimmick that's been thrown into the Halo formula with these last couple of Halo games, every "remake" might as well be a completely different map when compared to the experiences and nostalgia of the past. There's a reason MLG dropped Halo, the above is more than likely it.

I liked what they did with 4... Would like to see more of that in the up coming game.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Edited by Hishoa

I personally think they should just do three main games, and then move on to a new IP...even if it's another FPS. They're one of thew few "exclusive" Microsoft devs so they need to expand their territory beyond Halo after Halo 6. It'd be a shame if the company just died out, but I guess that wouldn't happen anyways.

Wasn't 343i formed specifically for creating Halo games since MS knew Bungie wasn't going to limit themselves to one IP forever?

I liked what they did with 4 and the Spartan Ops. Would like to see more of that in the upcoming game.

I very much agree. I thought both the campaign and Spartan Ops were very well done in Halo 4, and multiplayer was a step back in the right direction after that disaster called Reach. Not as good as Halo 2's multiplayer, but I'd say it is about equal to Halo 3's. I hope 343 keeps up the good work.

Wasn't 343i formed specifically for creating Halo games since MS knew Bungie wasn't going to limit themselves to one IP forever?

Bingo. 343i's sole purpose for existence is the creation, outsourcing, and management of Halo-related content. They call all the shot in games, novels, comics, movies, TV series, so on and so forth. They actually weren't even originally setup to develop games. They were initially going to be the middle man that recruited other developers and mediated between them and Microsoft for funding and licensing. They were beginning to come together in 2007 when they first penned the storyline behind the Halo 3 terminals and their purpose was to establish the ideal plotline only. Actual game development was more of an after-thought.

I very much agree. I thought both the campaign and Spartan Ops were very well done in Halo 4, and multiplayer was a step back in the right direction after that disaster called Reach. Not as good as Halo 2's multiplayer, but I'd say it is about equal to Halo 3's. I hope 343 keeps up the good work.

I enjoyed the Campaign immensely and even Spartan Ops was really fun (though I could've done with a little more level variety and less filler missions.) Honestly, I even agree that the multiplayer was an imrprovement over Reach's. I honestly believe the gameplay itself is perfectly fine. They just need to change a couple features (Loadouts and Ordinance) and get some better maps. That's really all it needs to improve.

Ehh, regardless of 343's purpose, it's sad Bungie signed the rights to Halo away to Microsoft back in 2010 when their contact terminated.

I'm not sad at all about it. The way I see it, Bungie had two options. Either they hand the series over to Microsoft, thus serving as payment for being allowed to sever their contracted ownership from the company or they keep the series, remain part of Microsoft's property, and they're forced to continue working on the Halo franchise for the rest of eternity, thus resulting in us not ever getting Destiny and people forgetting that Bungie is NOT a one-trick pony. The company that has Marathon, Myth, Pathways Into Darkness, Minotaur, and Oni was itching to get out and show us what else they have up their sleeves :D

I thought it would be Halo 5: Finish the fight again, for good measure.

Lolololol.

I'm not sad at all about it. The way I see it, Bungie had two options. Either they hand the series over to Microsoft, thus serving as payment for being allowed to sever their contracted ownership from the company or they keep the series, remain part of Microsoft's property, and they're forced to continue working on the Halo franchise for the rest of eternity, thus resulting in us not ever getting Destiny and people forgetting that Bungie is NOT a one-trick pony. The company that has Marathon, Myth, Pathways Into Darkness, Minotaur, and Oni was itching to get out and show us what else they have up their sleeves :D

Fuckkk. I'm weak minded. I always end up agreeing with you. Maybe it's just because I don't think my comments through...

I see what you mean though. Had they stayed, they would have been forced to make a game they were done with.

But I guess what I meant was that I wish even though Bungie did sign away Halo to Microsoft...Microsoft should have just closed the project (whatever you call it at that point) and make a new exclusive IP. Does this make sense, or do I sound retarded?

Lolololol.

Fuckkk. I'm weak minded. I always end up agreeing with you. Maybe it's just because I don't think my comments through...

I see what you mean though. Had they stayed, they would have been forced to make a game they were done with.

But I guess what I meant was that I wish even though Bungie did sign away Halo to Microsoft...Microsoft should have just closed the project (whatever you call it at that point) and make a new exclusive IP. Does this make sense, or do I sound retarded?

I understand where you're coming from. I go both ways on the matter. On one hand, I hate when they take a series I love and butcher it with crap sequels, spin-offs and reboots. I want the series to remain pure and chaste.

On the other hand, though, I acknowledge that I got my fun out of what we had in a series. If a company wants to ram an amazing series into the ground and make as much money as they can, than how does that really hurt any of us?

Mass Effect, for instance, was amazing. The entire trilogy was amazing (ignoring those people that whined about the ending...) and it ended the series in a perfect spot. Now they want to start another trilogy, which I think is going to flop miserably because the series has nowhere to go. On one hand, I don't want them to do it BECAUSE I know it will tarnish the record of the series, but on the other hand, all 3 games will still be fun no matter how bad the 4th one is. As far as I'm concerned, if the next game is bad, I can just pretend it never happened and move on with my life.

With Halo, I can happily say I'm satisfied with each game in the series so far, Reach being the weakest addition, but otherwise still fun and informative. Now with Halo 5 coming out, I'm left in the same boat. I can either choose to opt out now, pretend the series ended after Halo 4 and just ignore everything that comes out after it or I can continue to stick with it and accept the good with the bad.

In the case of people who just wish the series would have ended at Halo 3, I don't see why having more games should stop you. If you want it to end at Halo 3, end it at Halo 3. If you want the series to keep going like myself, than keep going with it :D Nobody is holding a gun to their heads telling them to buy every game that comes out with Halo in the title. The success of any product and the production of any sequel/successor is entirely dependent on public response. If Halo is bad and everybody stops buying it, than the series will stop. Until then, there are obviously too many people to warrant otherwise.

(Ironically, this is the same logic I use to justify the creation of a Star Wars IV-VI remake. If they're good, than hooray for us. If they're bad, than we just pretend they never happened and we still have the original classics to enjoy.)

• 3 weeks later...

No, but I did expect the Original Xbox to be in Halo 3. Alas, I was disappointed. Thankfully Namco did the honors of adding an Xbox to the old FPS Breakdown

Normally this is where I would post a screenshot, but seeing as how it's impossible to look up anything with the keywords "Xbox" and "Breakdown" without getting 2 billion hits for RROD, that shit ain't happening. Maybe I'll go and replay that amazing game again after I finish Beyond: Two Souls.

No, but I did expect the Original Xbox to be in Halo 3. Alas, I was disappointed. Thankfully Namco did the honors of adding an Xbox to the old FPS Breakdown

Normally this is where I would post a screenshot, but seeing as how it's impossible to look up anything with the keywords "Xbox" and "Breakdown" without getting 2 billion hits for RROD, that shit ain't happening. Maybe I'll go and replay that amazing game again after I finish Beyond: Two Souls.

I heard Beyond got mixed reviews, and not the good kind.

Yeah well reviewers can bite me. I don't care what any of these so-called professionals have to say. Unless it's a generally agreed consensus that a game is literally unplayable due to bugs or glitches, I play the games that I want to play. Most of my favorite games of all time did badly on the Metacritic. Breakdown, Phantom Crash, Phantom Dust, Advent Rising, etc... My only favorites that aren't on that list are Halo, Mass Effect, and Golden Sun, so yeah...

Besides, in perspective, Beyond is almost on par with Manhunt and we all know how well-loved that game was, so honestly 75% isn't a bad deal at all.

As far as I'm concerned, Beyond is in my top 5 favorite games of 7th gen.

1. Mass Effect 2

2. Heavy Rain

3. Brutal Legend

4. Beyond: Two Souls

5. The Walking Dead

GTAV just barely missed the cut there too. At least it got a couple weeks in the limelight before I knocked it back to 6th.

Edited by DarkReign2021

Yeah well reviewers can bite me. I don't care what any of these so-called professionals have to say. Unless it's a generally agreed consensus that a game is literally unplayable due to bugs or glitches, I play the games that I want to play. Most of my favorite games of all time did badly on the Metacritic. Breakdown, Phantom Crash, Phantom Dust, Advent Rising, etc... My only favorites that aren't on that list are Halo, Mass Effect, and Golden Sun, so yeah...

Besides, in perspective, Beyond is almost on par with Manhunt and we all know how well-loved that game was, so honestly 75% isn't a bad deal at all.

As far as I'm concerned, Beyond is in my top 5 favorite games of 7th gen.

1. Mass Effect 2

2. Heavy Rain

3. Brutal Legend

4. Beyond: Two Souls

5. The Walking Dead

GTAV just barely missed the cut there too. At least it got a couple weeks in the limelight before I knocked it back to 6th.

I haven't played the game nor plan to, but from what I hear, people [not so much journalists] are just bashing the game and hell, even David Cage:

I am glad many critics are finally seeing David Cage for the [hack] he is. He just wants to make movies, but he's not talented enough to get funding from any Hollywood studio, so he makes movies with massive plot holes and calls them video games instead.

I don't know, though. I won't judge, cause I haven't played his games.