Treasure Chest Guide

Gene Defect

Overview

This guide is solely focused on helping players progress through the game in a more expediant manner without having to worry about missing a treasure chest and potentially valuable items contained within.

BLUE chests have weapons that are needed for the DLC achievements.

GREEN chests have good items that are worth grabbing.

UNDERLINED chests have missable items.

Any text in "double quotes" matches text you will see on the map directly.

DISC 1

Highwind Village

• 150 SID - Inside the blue building next to where you start. First door labeled "Simple Warehouse".
  • 100 SID - Behind the round building in the starting area.
  • Healing Leaf(1) - Follow the bridge to the north of the start point. It is at the end of the northern leg.
  • Healing Seed(2) - Head down the path toward "Windsong Caverns". At the bottom of the path on your right side just inside the little hut.
  • Belt of Action - In the "Windsong Caverns". Just before you hit the save point, there will be a set of stairs. The chest is at the bottom of the stairs on the left side beside a statue.
  • Amulet of Power - You will have to go back in the "Windsong Caverns" after you beat the boss. All the way at the very end is the chest.
  • Belt of Swiftness - On a wooden platform on the southern most point of "Azurebell Forest".

Abazet Field

• Revive Capsule(3) - Just behind you in the Inn as you first spawn into Abazet.
  • Revive Capsule(1) - Go into the large house (Deba's) in the center of the southern Town Square. It is in the back of the room on the right.
  • 150 SID - In the house on the south side of the southern Town Square. On the left side of the larger room.
  • Attack LV1 & Defense LV1 - In the scholar's house on the east side of the southern Town Square. Just to the left and back of the giant tiger thing you see as you enter the house.
  • Resistence LV1 - Right next to the save pillar at the "Kamond Mine".
  • Stamina LV1 & Stamina Recovery LV1 - Just north of the save pillar outside the "Werewolves' Hideout". Follow the left wall. It is in front of a small fence.
  • Cure Leaf(2) - Just to the right of where you rescue the hostage in the "Werewolves' Hideout".
  • 1000 SID - Go the the opposite side of the same fence.
  • Shaved Ice(3) - In Abazet "Square" just to the right of the the Kamond Merchent.
  • Healing Leaf(2) - In Abazet "Square". Left of the giant door on the north that leads to "Southern General HQ". Right of a bunch of boxes.
  • Stamina LV1 - In the upper right corner of the "Merchant's Guild" area. Between the stairs and the central building.
  • Stamina LV1 & Stamina Recovery LV1 - In the upper right corner of the "Merchant's Guild" area. Go up the first flight of stairs and look to your right.
  • 400 SID - Go up the stairs in the upper right corner of the "Merchant's Guild" area. Continue left and up all the stairs. At the top of the last set.
  • 200 SID - In the "Merchant's Guild" main structure. Immediately upon entering look to your right.
  • Attack LV1 - On the south side of the "Merchant's Guild. Go up the stairs and look behind the city boy and to the left. It is between a barrel and a house.
  • 1000 SID - In Alex's Room in the far north right corner of "Southern General HQ". Upon entering look to your right.
  • Belt of Courage - Straight north of the t in the word "Abazet Field" on the map is a small hill. At the very back of the hill is the chest.
  • Cure Leaf(2) - In "Abazet Port" all the way in the northeast corner. Go onto the docks. The chest is in the back on the right side.
  • Spirit LV1 - In the Nekoneko area of "Abazet Port" Behind 3 barrels that are behind the Nekoneko Pride Quest giver.

Oldfox Canyon

• Shaved Ice(3) - Just past the "Gate of Wailing" on the right is a big hut with a bunch of red banners on it. Look behind the column on the left side of it.
  • Hotty Hot(2) - Just past the "Gate of Wailing" on the left side there is another hut with red banners. The chest is right in front of it.
  • Defense LV1 & Stamina Recovery LV1 - After beating the Sion Regral, look to your right and you will see the chest.
  • Cure Lead(2) & Stamina Seed (2) - Just to the right of the final pillar is a hut with red banners. The chest is behind a column on the right side in front of it.
  • 500 SID - Just behind the final pillar and to the right.

Navyblue Marsh

• Defense LV1 & HP LV1 - In the area you start in, run straight south. Do this before you hit the first flag to continue plot. The chest is in the very center of the southern peninsula.
  • Power Knuckle - In the "Refuge of Darkness", go to the far west end. Up against the front of a giant blue/grey tree that is in the water.
  • Revive Potion(1) - In "Cota Mare" go to Celestine's House on the mid-east side of town. The chest is just inside on the left.
  • Earring of Genbu - After the plot sequence that returns Zephie to your party while in "Cota Mare", you will be in Zeitin's house. Look to your left to see the chest.
  • Frostnip Defense - In the "Nekoneko Dwelling", just behind the quest giver for We Need Kamond Shards.
  • Cure Leaf(3) - Go to the pillar in the east section of the marsh. Head directly due west. The chest is just to the right of the "e" in "Navyblue Marsh".

Undersea Tunnel

• Crystal of Life - Just past the "Gate of Ancient Spirit" in the back of the northeast peninsula
  • Revive Potion(1) - Just past the "Gate of Ancient Spirit" in the northwest corner of the 2nd peninsula. Hiding behind a big rock.
  • 1000 SID - In the very north of the 3rd northern facing peninsula just past the "Gate of Ancient Spirit". Just to the left of a big carved stone.
  • Cure-all(1) - Just past the "Tomb of Strass" in the southern peninsula. Follow the wall on the east side.

Dunan Hill

• Defense LV2 - Just past the 3rd Southern Soldier you save for the Support the Troops quest. On the south side of the map behind a tree.
  • Heal Flower(3) - At "Checkpoint 1". Up against the right side of the fort building.
  • Fire & Water & Wind Kan Crystals - At "Checkpoint 1". Up against the left side of the building in the back.
  • 1500 SID - Just past "Checkpoint 1" you reach a gate. Look behind the left wall of the gate as you go through.
  • Stamina Seed(2) - Right behind Aruth from the Rescue Aruth quest.
  • HP LV2 - At "Checkpoint 2" there is a beaten up fort. It is in the front of the fort on the left side by a old iron fence.
  • 2000 SID - At "Checkpoint 2" in the rear of the fort.
  • Kamond of Tenacity - Northwest of "Checkpoint 2" is a peninsula. The chest is all the way at the far northern point of it.
  • Cure Flower(2) - Past "Checkpoint 2" there is a gate. Look behind the left wall of the gate as you go through.
  • Heal Flower(2) - Between "Checkpoint 2" and "Darkblade Fortress" is a south facing peninsula. It is in the southeast point by a bunch of boxes and barrels.

Edited by Gene Defect

Abazet Field

• Freezing Fragment(3) & Squall Fragment(2) - Northwest of the pillar in southern abazet. Behind a tree in the peninsula.
  • Attack LV2 - On top of "Chieftain's Hill".
  • 2000 SID - At the foot of "Chieftain's Hill" to the Southeast.
  • Stamina LV2 & Agility LV2 - In the very southwest corner of "Wasteland of Silence". Directly behind the Southern Scout you rescue.
  • Cure Capsule(1) - In the northern peninsula just below the "e" in "Kamond Mine". Far north edge.
  • Spirit LV2 - Behind the rock in the middle of the walkway just before the flag where the Liti fight is at.
  • 3000 SID - just past where you fought the Liti is a rock in the pathway in the northwest corner of the southern area. The chest is behind it.

DISC 2

Dunan Hill

• Stamina Seed(2) - Midway between Darkblade fortress and Cota Mare you will reach a big fence that bends right. Look just before the fence on the left.
  • Kan Control - Just past the wooden fence is a fort. Chest is on the right side of the fort.
  • Cure-all(1) - As you start down the path to Cota Mare, look behind the tree to your right.

Dunan Field

• Agility LV 3 - East of the entrance you will see a big floating rock. The chest is directly north of it.
  • Kan Reward - Just to the right of the pillar in "Dunan Rest Area".
  • Attack LV3 - At the start of the bridge that leads to "Lanoara Lake", look right.
  • Stun Defense - Right next to the Dirty Diary you have to acquire for the Assistant's Lost Items quest in "Reinpolt Ruins".
  • Turbulent Times Gauntlet - In the far southeast corner of "Dunan Thieves' Den".

Ruhalt

• Kamond of Wind - Just behind where you first find Malaccia.
  • Kan Blessing - During the fight with Vecas, you can get this on the south side of the battle field.
  • Spirit LV3 - After you cross the bridge you lower, turn left and head into the northern alcove. It will be right in front of you.
  • Cure Capsule(1) - Head straight south from the east side of the bridge. After crossing an overpass you will enter an area that will wrap around and go under it. This chest is in the southern most spot between two huts.
  • Cure-all(1) - Just north of the last chest. On the right side of the western most hut.
  • Stamina LV3 - Just behind the soldier you turn in the quest Alex's Letter to.
  • Agility LV3 - Just east of where you rescue Madmac for the Save Defecting Commander quest.
  • Kan Reward & Demon Warding Key - Just to the north and right of the pillar before the exit to Belfort.

Belfort

• Freezing Fragment & Thunderhead Fragment - Straight west of the entrance to the area.
  • God's Eye - Follow the eastern wall from the entrance. The chest is up against a metal fence just before the wall turns south.
  • Defense LV3 - Against the northern wall on the path leading to Cooks.
  • Four Leaf Clover - On the southern wall behind Cooks. Just past a table.
  • Kamond of Regeneration - Just north of the "Belfort Southern Army Outpost". Look left after the screen loads.
  • Kan Control - Keep following the left wall until you fight the Dracore. The chest is just left of him.
  • Attack LV4 & Spirit LV4 - Southwest corner of the Central Square. with the pillar.
  • Water Kan Crystal - Just north of the western bridge in the Central Square.
  • Necklace of Experience - In the sourthern most point of "Belfort Ruins".
  • Spark Fragment & Fire Kan Fragment - Follow the right wall as you enter the northern section of "Belfort Ruins". The chest is just before the stairs.
  • Letter from Reeden & Demon Exorcism Key - In the very back of the Crocell's house. Light the 4 bonfires to access the room.
  • Ring of Blue Dragon - On your left as you enter the western path leading to "Belfort Castle Walls".
  • Attack LV4 - On the northern wall on the path leading west prior to taking the southern fork to "Belfort Castle Walls".
  • Attack LV4 & Steel Kamond - On the eastern wall just before you meet Jeroha, there is a big door. The ches is hiding behind the northern wall that is holding up the door.
  • Agility LV4 - Behind Jeroha
  • Lightning Kan Crystal - Just right of the fountain in "Belfort Castle Walls" behind a column.
  • Kamond of Transformation - Exactly where the text "Belfort Castle Walls" connects to your map.
  • Ring of Power - Statue on right
  • Ring of Magic Power - Statue on left

Sentinal Laboratory

• Kamond of Passion - Just behind Balfour in the southwest room of "Laboratory 1".
  • Topaz - In the central area of "Laboratory 1".
  • Steel Kamond - Southern room of "Laboratory 1".
  • Kan Saving & Stamina LV4 - Southeast room of "Laboratory 2".
  • Kan Miracle & Demon Morality Key - In the Central area of "Laboratory 3".
  • Frostbite Defense - In the Central area of "Laboratory 3".
  • Rod of Mystery - In the Central area of "Laboratory 3".
  • Kamond of Transformation - In the Central area of "Laboratory 4".
  • 3000 SID - In the Central area of "Laboratory 4".
  • Stun Defense Kamond - In the Central area of "Laboratory 4".
  • Cure-all(2) - In the Central area of "Laboratory 4".

Belfort

• Agility LV4 & Defense LV4 - On the left wall as you enter the northern most path.
  • Necklace of Sacrifice - On the right edge near the end of the northern most path before you leave the wall.
  • Pendant of Skill - Northwest corner of the northern most square.
  • Attack LV5 - Just to the left of the platform with the pillar in the northern most square.

Undersea Tunner

• Recipe Golden Frog & Gold Kamond - In the secret room.
  • Recipe Reward for Effort & Steel Kamond - In the secret room.
  • Rod of Miracle - In the secret room.

Ruhalt Plateau

• Recipe Perfect Ring - Right next to where you rescue Malaccia.
  • Golden Clover & Burn Defense - Just to the left of where you finish the Dunan Theif quest.
  • Demon Binding Key - To the left of the Pillar at the end of Ruhalt Plateau.

Sentinal Laboritory

• Kamond of Agility - In the room where you complete the Lightning Core quest.

Edited by Gene Defect

La Strada - Trial of Wisdom

• Pauldron of Eternity - In the lower left room.
  • Revival Water - In the room where you complete the Lightning Core quest.

La Strada - Trial of Intelligence

• Warrior's Roar - In the north center path.
  • Fist of Fantasy - In the northeast path.
  • Cure Flower(3) - In the first area of the southeast path.
  • Cure-all(1) - In the second area of the southeast path.

La Strada - Trial of Sagacity

• Rain Master's Bow - Northwest area.
  • Attack LV5 - In the center small area between the two large ones.
  • Golden Clover - In the northeast area.
  • Defense LV5 - East of the second large area.
  • Resistence LV5 - East of the last chest.
  • Kan Moderation - East of the last chest.

La Strada - Trial of Courage

• Variety Backpack - In the east area.
  • Spirit LV5 - In the west area.
  • Kan Miracle - In the south area.

La Strada - Trial of Bravery

• HP LV5 - In the northeast area.
  • Defense LV5 - In the west area.
  • Supernova - In the south west area.
  • Platnium Kamond - In the southeast area.

La Strada - Trial of Heroism

• Cure-all - In the center of the three big platforms in the north.
  • Stamina Recovery LV5 - In the far north area.
  • Stamina LV5 - In the northwest area.
  • Revival Water - On the path to the southern area.
  • Demonic God of All - In the farthest south area.
  • Determination to Surmount - In the northeast area of the sourthern half of the map.

La Strada - Throne Room

• Curing Crystal - Room of Wind
  • Four Leaf Clover - Room of Lightning
  • Frostbite Defense Kamond - Room of Ice
  • Kamond of Fortitude - Room of Fire

Edited by Gene Defect

One suggestion: might want to make the missable things RED for better visibility.

Maybe also make some of the better items GREEN to also help them stand out? I'm thinking SID caches, Pendant of Skill, Three/Four Leaf Clovers, Belt/Necklace of Experience, Kan Reward, Kan Control. Anything that will increase XP, SP or Kan usage in battle. Those four things are the most important to breezing through the game and getting all the achievements.

All the other items are "trash" items that aren't really that necessary to get.

Based on my current progress and plans, I should have this FAQ complete by Friday.

I am currently grinding cash in NavyBlue Marsh for Seeker enhancements. I have confirmed they stack and with 5 of them + the Skill pendant moving between characters between levels I should easily get all skills by level 65.

This is all skills on all characters, not just enough skill points to buy one set then reload and buy the other.

Of note, I almost always get over 30SP a level up and occassionally edge 40.

I am currently grinding cash in NavyBlue Marsh

I did the same thing, I got everyone to 44, Rue and Juto to 45, and Zephie to 43 before it became unbearable. I have friends getting Borderlands soon so I have to finish this game in the next couple days. The only achievements I might miss are the chain break ones, I almost never use them.

If you are willing to spend about 4 hours you can get the chain break achievements really easily.

Use Cocell, Juto, and Zephie. Go to the north half of "Dunan Hill". There are those little ball things everywhere that you can barely hurt. Since the area has 2 fire Kan on by default, you can always use Cocell's specials. Combine those with Juto using the Kan reduction enchantment and you have easy chains.

Next, equip the weakest weapons you can and just keep fighting those things. You can usually get about 5 - 10 chains per enemy. After you defeat all the ones in the area, head north into Navyblue Marsh and then return and they will have respawned.

Rinse and Repeat.

• 8 months later...

helpful guide, but theres no achievement for that... why are there so many treasures and no chevo?? i mean some of the itmes are really helpful, but often theres only money or experience in those chests... kind of useless i think.

• 2 months later...
helpful guide, but theres no achievement for that... why are there so many treasures and no chevo?? i mean some of the itmes are really helpful, but often theres only money or experience in those chests... kind of useless i think.

Luckily i decided to pop in to take a look. There are some crucial item that you wouldn't wanna miss - Eg Pendant of Skill. :)

Still not too late to backtrack from Cota Mare. :p

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I checked this list; it's very nicely done.

The only crucial chests to keep in mind are the two ones in the last two trials of the game (Demonic God of All, Supernova); all the other chests are either not achievement-linked or not missable (the other weapons in chests and the recipes are available at the end of the game). Those two last weapons in chests are not, or at least I couldn't restart the Trial after I passed it; the first three trials can be repeated, but there's no way to restart the last three, so again, I think they're gone forever if you don't get them when it's time, that is before passing the trial succesfully.

Then there's a mistake and a chest missed, but they're not relevant.