Easy Companions Achievement

KNUCKS x360a

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but i'm getting a lot of Msgs & Requests for help with "Companions"

Me & a friend tried to get this on LIVE for over an hour & ended up just getting frustrated! ( One Two Three NOW! over & over...)

In the end i just pressed 'Start' on a 2nd controller, (which lets u sign in with OR without a 2nd profile) - & used 2 hands to hold (& release) 2 expressions simultaneously...

Takes about 30 seconds.

(You can also use this for Double Threat just hitting/shooting with both controllers)

Edited by KNUCKS x360a

• 3 months later...
is there a reason for yr disrespectful tone OR ANY point to yr post at all, Friend?

And actually, Genius, this post had 150 hits in the first 2 days it was out (i see 208 people helped now) - then died off because its NOT A QUESTION, ITS ADVICE THAT NEEDS NO ANSWER! DOH!

So far i helped over 70 people unlock an estimated 10,000GS in this game (The people you just insulted, Go check the Forums for the many thanks i've had posted), and LOTS of them asked about CO-OP Achievements and needed help.

So the Question really is - WHATS YR F*****G PROBLEM TROLL?

Okay, first of all.. Calm down.

Second of all.. I've helped with over 10k easy for this game.. So don't feel so proud ok?

Anyways.. The point to my post was I don't see the point of bumping it.. It's pretty common sense..

Also, I understand it's advice and doesn't need anyone to reply.. But why is it that now people are replying?

Also.. You don't HONESTLY believe that every view = one person helped?

Lol.. Come on.. You must be seriously crazy to believe that..

And I love your hypocracy too.. "You're disrespectful tone" LOL? Really?

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr17/akaKNUCKL3S/troll.jpg

LOL.. I love this.. I'm the troll because I respond to your dumb replies?

Also, the fact you need to send me messages over Live is pathetic.. You're like 8 year olds thinking you're at the top of the world because you help people with achievements.. Some God you are.. :Bounce:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the help. I thought it had to be over live....

the only achievements that require live are dollcatcher and completionist (due to what is probably a glitch), and obviously the DLC achievements. anything that's co-op or "see another hero" can be done in local co-op.

of course, if you don't have a second controller, that sort of limits your options.

bump

(sry 4 the :spam1, i still get asked all the time!)

bumpage....

(still get asked)

i mean, i know people are replying. sometimes. but is this really necessary? "bump" is generally bad forum etiquette, almost as bad as not using the search button. and really, people who don't use the search button don't really read the first page, either. you should see the halo forum. sometimes there's like 4 or 5 of the same topic on the first page.

Edited by arachnophilia

i mean, i know people are replying. sometimes. but is this really necessary? "bump" is generally bad forum etiquette, almost as bad as not using the search button. and really, people who don't use the search button don't really read the first page, either. you should see the halo forum. sometimes there's like 4 or 5 of the same topic on the first page.

Did you have anything helpful to add to the discussion at all?!.. or are you just picking slight flaws out of very old Threads?!? ;)

..................................................................................

Yeah, I thought about doing this, but wasn't sure if it would work and hadn't tried it yet. Thanks...

It Worked! Thanks! :woop:

Yep - worked. THANKS!

Worked great...tyvm!

Referred to this thread on the Achievement Buying/Selling/Trading/Giving Away Thread (Co-Op Partners too) thread :)

aka KNUCKL3S is thebomb.com he got me dollcatcher and completionist.

Nice one I did wonder if this worked but me and a mate tried it (on same xbox) and it didn't but we could of just done it wrong.

Works a treat this method :drunk

Thanks for the help. I thought it had to be over live....
Edited by KNUCKS x360a

Did you have anything to add to the discussion at all?!

yes actually. the part above the bit to you. the part you didn't quote, which states that this principle applies to most other achievements as well. this is not an especially world-shattering revelation, and yes it's nice to remind people that they can do it this way. but seriously. what exactly does "bump" add to the discussion? if the discussion dies, it dies.

warnock's dilemma states that this is not necessarily because the information is without merit; it could simply be because it is 100% correct and no one has anything to add.

frankly, this piece of information should be included in the guide. perhaps with your mighty admin friend list you could humbly suggest its addition instead of repeatedly bumping your own thread.

Dont try & mini-mod me on my old threads thankyou very much.;)

you post in a public forum. when you do something obnoxious, expect to be called on it. and by more than one person.

(yr already on my Ignore list from before...)

what, did you un-ignore me just to read my post and reply? seriously, get over yourself. you are not the greatest thing since sliced bread. it's nice that you're trying to help, but that doesn't make you mr. the shit.

yes actually. the part above the bit to you. the part you didn't quote, which states that this principle applies to most other achievements as well. this is not an especially world-shattering revelation, and yes it's nice to remind people that they can do it this way. but seriously. what exactly does "bump" add to the discussion? if the discussion dies, it dies.

warnock's dilemma states that this is not necessarily because the information is without merit; it could simply be because it is 100% correct and no one has anything to add.

frankly, this piece of information should be included in the guide. perhaps with your mighty admin friend list you could humbly suggest its addition instead of repeatedly bumping your own thread.

you post in a public forum. when you do something obnoxious, expect to be called on it. and by more than one person.

what, did you un-ignore me just to read my post and reply? seriously, get over yourself. you are not the greatest thing since sliced bread. it's nice that you're trying to help, but that doesn't make you mr. the shit.

What is this? Bitch at Knuckles day? This is the second thread today i've seen you bitching at knuckles, First one he wasnt even there to defend himself. And didnt you read what he was saying at all? He bumped it because people we're asking him questions about it when the thread was Right here. Either way you cant win.

You repost it, People will bitch for making 2 thread about the same thing. He bumps it, He gets surrounded by Morons that get so upset and worked up about it, That they use them crappy insults people use when they think they are better than some one else.

the only achievements that require live are dollcatcher and completionist (due to what is probably a glitch), and obviously the DLC achievements. anything that's co-op or "see another hero" can be done in local co-op.

of course, if you don't have a second controller, that sort of limits your options.

First of all, The Completionist over XBL isnt a Glitch if you read it, it States 'The Completionist - You, or a friend, have gathered every expression, pet trick and ability available. Such dedication.'

Giving people that Achievement isnt a Glitch, if you join there game your Known as a Friend, and if he has this Achievement it will Unlock if you do not.

And on to the Other statement i Personaly think 'Bump' is a good thing as you said -almost as bad as not using the search button. and really, people who don't use the search button don't really read the first page, either.

Yes that is Correct thats why it is Bumpped,

Whats better Someone Bumping 1 Thread to help 10 People or 10 People making the same Pointless thread themselfs.

Edited by Martinnn

First of all, The Completionist over XBL isnt a Glitch if you read it, it States 'The Completionist - You, or a friend, have gathered every expression, pet trick and ability available. Such dedication.'

Giving people that Achievement isnt a Glitch, if you join there game your Known as a Friend, and if he has this Achievement it will Unlock if you do not.

no no, that's not what i mean. i meant that completionist should be attainable without live by simply collecting every expression, dog training book, and maxing out your character. apparently, however, it is not. it will unlock two expressions early if you have the pub games, and (sometimes) not at all if you don't. even so, i think you need the fable2.com expression. so i don't think completionist is available without live.

Yes that is Correct thats why it is Bumpped,

Whats better Someone Bumping 1 Thread to help 10 People or 10 People making the same Pointless thread themselfs.

c) people using the search button.

so what, it's okay when you do it, but not when i do it? there was some information being discussed on the lionhead board i thought people might be interested in, and that was the appropriate thread. would you rather i posted a new thread?

so what, it's okay when you do it, but not when i do it? there was some information being discussed on the lionhead board i thought people might be interested in, and that was the appropriate thread. would you rather i posted a new thread?

When did he say its not ok when you do it?

It just prooves that you have no right to complain at him Bumping it, When you Bump things yourself. He had a reason for bumping it just like you did.