population

freedomgeass

I to just got this game the other day, I'm liking it so far though. I like how you can control almost everything! :) As for population, I find building a immigration office, and setting it to "open doors" policy is always good for population, tips for food (because you don't want a bunch of people dying from hunger.) Keep your crops diverse so you can raise the percent of food quality. I don't think (to my understand) that the college graduates who are working, cannot work to a lower standard. I am only on the second mission so far. I have been experimenting a lot with Sandbox mode though (which is fun.) I think if you keep up with the food, and exporting of goods, you should be fine! :) Oh yeah, build 1 crop of food per 50 Tropicos (Civilians) that's the tip I've been told a lot when asking or researching!

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think (to my understand) that the college graduates who are working, cannot work to a lower standard.

If a person has a college degree and there are college level jobs open they will ALWAYS go there first. If you fill up the college level jobs of lock them out a college educated Tropican will move on to any other open job. The problem is if they are college educated and they end up working on a farm their job satisfaction takes a sizeable hit.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't leave the "Open Doors" policy on for too long or it really infuriates the Nationalistas. Usually, I would get my population up to around ~250-300, and then switch my Immigration Office to "Skilled Workers." As for getting more people into your "world," just like in real life, they look for jobs, living conditions, & all of the things that would make you want to live somewhere.

• 5 weeks later...

Personally, once i have a high school, college and a couple of grade schools with around 250+ people on the island i change the immigration policy to skilled workers. This way you dont get all the riffraff coming in. But in the future if you need uneducated workers open the doors for a couple of years to fill them up.