PS2 titals better!

nabunogu

Why does my love of anime games, including Dragonball Z, once again let me down. this game was shocking in comparison to its PS2 and Wii counter-parts. hopefully there will be a better installment to the series next time.

It's quite disappointing whenever a game like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 gets put out which has 'all' characters from all sagas possible and then the next game that comes out gets knocked back down to limited choice. Are they planning on making a Burst Limit 2 that has closer to everything, then a Burst Limit 3 which finally allows access to everything they could think of? I think it's pretty lame that they did it that way. What's even worse is there actually already IS another installment.. it's called Infinite World and they released it for PS2 exclusively. It doesn't have everything, but it at least has the Buu saga (I'm assuming this from the front cover, I haven't got that game, but according to the character list, it looks like it goes through the dragon saga as well). It's a real shame that they don't think these things through a bit better.

I'm sure there will be another one out soon with a wider choice of characthers. If I remember rightly, the game was developed by a different company to the company that developed Budokai Tenkaichi 3. In that case they are bound to attempt to maximize profitability of the series. Now obviously the way to do this is to make one game for one part of the series and another game for the later part. That way they don't have to spend money developing a new engine or brainstorming a new idea...

You have to keep in mind that this ISN'T Budokai Tenkaichi, just as Budokai Tenkaichi wasn't Budokai.

... which sucks. Budokai is one of my favorite fighting series of all time. Tenkaichi? Not so much. Burst Limit? HAHAHAHAHA WHAT A FUNNY JOKE.

But anyways, yeah, they have to leave room for sequels. The only real difference in sequels to fighting games like this is usually just new fighters. If they had all the possible fighters in the first game, the sequels would have no point.

well i see what u r sayin, however... there hasnt been many games based on the newer gt series or the original dragonball series, over here in england. why dont they do sumthing based on them, so u hav a game for each saga. or alternatively, make a completly new style, say an rpg game like the gameboy ones. hopefully there next titels will be much better, because even though this isnt the ps2 ones, it is for sure based on the same fighting styles!

• 3 months later...

Yes, thank you... I hate this game so much. The Budokai series was better, the Budokai Tenkaichi series was wayyyy better... Hell, even the DBZ games on PSX were better! I am trying to force myself to play this game just to get a few more points, but it's pretty hard to keep going when the game sucks so much.

Yes, thank you... I hate this game so much. The Budokai series was better, the Budokai Tenkaichi series was wayyyy better... Hell, even the DBZ games on PSX were better! I am trying to force myself to play this game just to get a few more points, but it's pretty hard to keep going when the game sucks so much.

Budokai was pretty much the same thing , Burst Limit = Budokai 1 , just not as much characters, something cant be better if its the same.

Im sick and tired of everyone saying how much this game sucks, seriously what do you expect in a new franchise on the new gen consoles, it sucks cause of the lack of characters ? ... wow

Tenkaichi was way to easy and got real boring real fast for me [considering i was undefeated in my area for it], I could say that sucks for the lack in CHALLENGE , even on the hardest levels Tenkaichi wasnt much trouble for , compared to Z mode here on Burst Limit.

"Its hard to keep going when the game sucks so much?" Then dont play it genius, you think after the demo you would have realized it and NOT have gotten it ?

• 1 month later...

It's hard to value your opinion on games when you've left titles like Oblivion, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Gears of War un-played, but have completed Avatar, Prey, The Bourne Conspiracy, Prince Caspian (wtf? srsly?), Fusion Frenzy 2, Kung Fu Panda, and Jumper.