More DLC Pretty Much Confirmed

iBuzz7S

hhhhmmmmm, not sure about the level cap raise DLC.

it was lame that the lvl cap DLC cam AFTER the 3rd dlc, but i knew there was another DLC coming and i was a season pass owner, so i got it. but playing though 3 DLC's without leveling up was boring, i wish you could level up 5 times per dlc, to make it more fun, then you will probably level up 3 time during the dlc, and if you want to level up 5 times it will encourage you to complete side missions or do it again on another play through.

seeing as the second vault hunter upgrade will come before october 31st, it will probably come after the TK baha story DLC, but if say TK baha comes out in september and i complete it, and get all of the achievements, then i will probably not get the vault hunter upgrade UNLESS there is another dlc, or it has achievements. the first one dosent have achievements, so im guessing the 2nd one wont either.

im glad more ammo and bank upgrades are on the way also! (for free)

i also hope for another season pass. i like it when games have season passes, because you know how much dlc youll get, and when youll get it by. if they brought out another season pass and said '3 dlc packs + vault hunter upgrade 2 all released by march 2014' i would be happy, because then you would know how many more DLC packs are coming. its great they are releasing another campaign add on but i want to know how many MORE campaign add ons they are releasing. if there is definatly 2 i will buy vh2 upgrade but if theres only one i will probably not buy vh2 upgrade

Edited by JORDAN K 95

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. Anyone with common sense and a sense of quality can tell you that any one BL1 DLC (including Underdome just for the bank storage) is better than all BL2 DLC's to date combined. Sorry this is not my opinion, it's a fact.

Someone already beat me to it, but yeah, that's really not a fact, at all. Common sense is very lost on you if you believe this to be a 100% fact and not still this little thing that we on Earth call, opinion. The only fact in that statement is that the Underdome introduced bank storage in BL1.

Yes they did. They should have said if the DLC was developed in-house. Like someone else said, I would not have gotten the season pass if I knew this. I call it deceptive marketing like you mentioned.

If they point blank lied about whether or not the DLC was outsourced or done in-house, then yes, very deceptive on their parts and downright underhanded. But seeing as how the very last DLC for the previous installment of this series had been outsourced, it would generally make a smart consumer think...."Hmm, maybe I should be careful not to make the same mistake twice and research before I buy this time". Assuming that Claptrap's Revolution ticked you off that it wasn't made by them and you vowed yourself never to buy another gearbox DLC and/or game ever again. If it didn't invoke that reaction back then, what's the problem now?

If a company proves in the past that they are not above doing something that you don't agree with, then you can't be claiming "deception" when they do it again, when no such promise to never do so again wasn't made. Since people here like analogies so much, I'll provide one.

You can't blame a clothing store that was once caught selling Cooch purses under the logo of Coach for continuing to put it on the shelves again at a later time. This company has also never issued a statement that this practice would no longer happen. If people know this and still buy it without even making sure, why is it their fault?

Saying they are not obligated to tell us who is making the DLC is like saying we as consumers don't have the right to know where are products are made i.e. China. I never said they didn't have the right to out-source the DLC, I just said they should have let us know. As I said in my previous post, I would have most likely purchased them, but I would have definitely waited for a season pass sale. We know far in advance the EA makes Dead Space, Gearbox makes Borderlands, 343 Makes Halo, Valve makes Left 4 Dead... Why shouldn't we be allowed to know who is making the DLC's for these same games? They had already outsorced the first 2 DLC's before the season pass even went on sale, so it's not like they didn't know they were going to outsource, they already were.

As for quality. In my opinion, they went 2 for 3 on in-house DLC and for Moxxi's most people would be willing to admit that it was a nice try, the problem was the tournaments were too long and should have had save points every five rounds or so. Claptraps DLC was the only one outsourced and it has the most wide range of opinions, but even though it was outsourced, they still helped in the development and had strict oversight. The first 3 DLC's were just handed over to another company and had little oversight. Even Gearbox has admitted failures in this with the outsourcing of BL2 DLC and Aliens:CM.

I agree with you that the next DLC should not be free, It was not included in the season pass. But to try and berate people who feel they got the short end of the stick is just an ignorant view.

First thing first. Berate? This is a discussion board. Where discussions are likely to take place. Agreeing and disagreeing is a part of the process. No personal attacks are being thrown here, so how exactly am I being "ignorant" and "berating" you by simply disagreeing?

Second thing, you do have a right to know where products are being made, if that's important to you. The thing about it is, it isn't as if it's a huge secret and that there was a huge cover-up conspiracy in place to make sure that nobody knew about it. Triptych Games shows up right away in the credits. How is that for deceptive, huh? Triptych has also worked with them before and has credits with them before Borderlands. So it's not as if this is some "ghost" company that nobody knew about. They even share the same address as Gearbox.

Were you just as vocal about your disappointment that Claptrap Revolution was outsourced for BL1? If you didn't like that practice, then where is all of this coming from? Because you now agreed to hand over your money for 4 new DLCs in the sequel without stopping to think that maybe the same could happen for these? If I actually cared that the Claptrap DLC was outsourced, I personally would have waited until I heard some reviews of the new ones before I plopped down $30 to pre-pay for DLC that could share the same fate. But, you know, that's just me.

At least it doesn't seem like they plan to release any DLC after the launch of the Xbox One. Of course, I fully suspect they will end up announcing something else. Edit: Actually, the more I read into it, it seems like there will be a ton more after November. Isn't that just dandy?

Edited by Askeroth

At least it doesn't seem like they plan to release any DLC after the launch of the Xbox One. Of course, I fully suspect they will end up announcing something else. Edit: Actually, the more I read into it, it seems like there will be a ton more after November. Isn't that just dandy?

where did you read this?

also dont be suprised, GTA5 is releasing in september and there will most likely be some DLC for that released AFTER the xbox one. also i think dark souls is releasing in march 2014 on 360 and ps3 NOT xbox one or ps4

where did you read this?

also dont be suprised, GTA5 is releasing in september and there will most likely be some DLC for that released AFTER the xbox one. also i think dark souls is releasing in march 2014 on 360 and ps3 NOT xbox one or ps4

Well, on the official forum, this was in their information thread.

Head Hunter Pack T.K. BAHA's BLOODY HARVEST

Pricing to be announced later

Before Halloween ETA

Zombie T.K. Baha

Has at least one raid boss, posibly more.

W.I.P. so very little info

This will be the first of "multiple" Head Hunter packs to come.

I was being a bit hyperbolic when I said a "ton", but if there are multiple packs and that one is going to be released in October to fit in with Halloween, then it stands to reason that the rest would be released in November or later. Likely after the launch of the One.

As for GTA V, I would suspect that if it gets any DLC, it will be for multiplayer like Max Payne 3 was. I don't get multiplayer DLC, so I would be fine with that under that scenario. I believe GTA V is probably a large enough game as-is that Rockstar might not feel inclined to add to it.

I was being a bit hyperbolic when I said a "ton", but if there are multiple packs and that one is going to be released in October to fit in with Halloween, then it stands to reason that the rest would be released in November or later. Likely after the launch of the One.

thanks for posting. the fact that theyre called 'headhunter packs' suggests they may not be as big as the other DLC's we have played. but hopefully thats not the case

I think trading games in is stupid. I bought my 360 in 2008 with Mass Effect and Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise and they're still sitting on my shelf. And because, as I've said, I like to own the complete game, I always buy every piece of DLC that adds new single-player content. Even for games I don't like. What I am describing is nothing like what you described. Having the complete game means other people can play my game and use all of the characters and outfits.

Collecting games and owning all of the DLC content isn't something that you can only do if you like the games in question.

This is mind boggling. So you'll keep throwing money at a game you don't like, for DLC you don't even want to play, from here until perpetuity as long as they keep making it? You're like a Capcom executive's wet dream.

This is mind boggling. So you'll keep throwing money at a game you don't like, for DLC you don't even want to play, from here until perpetuity as long as they keep making it? You're like a Capcom executive's wet dream.
I don't own very many Capcom games. They didn't go overboard with DLC in Resident Evil 5, and while Dragon's Dogma had a lot of DLC, I never had to buy Dark Arisen because they chose not to release it as DLC. Dead Rising 2 had a few outfits, but nothing worth complaining about. The biggest offender in recent memory was Square-Enix with Final Fantasy XIII-2, but in the end, I gave them credit for stopping when they did. They could have released all manner of DLC for that colosseum.

I own around 80 games on disc. Not the best collection in the world, but on my budget, it's not bad. I own around 20 arcade titles. None of them have tried to take advantage of their fans by nickel and diming them to death. Borderlands 2 is getting close, but it's still not nearly as bad as something like Dead or Alive 5, though. I don't own that game, and have never even played any game in that franchise, but there's probably well over $100 worth of DLC at this point and none of it is necessary.

So, if anything, the DLC that I've bought has supported good developers. I think Gearbox is one of them. I'm happy my money is helping them even if I don't care much for this game. But if they keep trying to milk people, I'll be far less inclined to buy one of their games in the future.

Edited by Askeroth

So, if anything, the DLC that I've bought has supported good developers. I think Gearbox is one of them. I'm happy my money is helping them even if I don't care much for this game. But if they keep trying to milk people, I'll be far less inclined to buy one of their games in the future.

i kind of agree with this. my friend never buys season passes for any game he just buys the dlc when it is released. and i was annoyed at him for not buying the black ops 2 season pass, because that way hes giving more money to activision. he also diddnt buy the BL2 season pass, (but purchased all dlc + lvlcap increase). but thats a good thing, hes giving more money to a good company. activision milk people, and people still buy DLCs and microtansactions with give them even more money

Here we go with this 'entitlement' shit again. They need to start calling them 'content passes' and just include it ALL for a reduced price of an adjusted value.

Not really. Anyone with common sense and a sense of quality can tell you that any one BL1 DLC (including Underdome just for the bank storage) is better than all BL2 DLC's to date combined. Sorry this is not my opinion, it's a fact.

That's still subjective. Quality of particular DLC is completely subjective. And about the entitlement argument. It's called a Season Pass because the DLC comes out across the span of an entire year (four seasons). You and everyone else (including me) got what we paid for and there's no reason why this new DLC should be apart of the already existent Season Pass.

I don't believe that is where the season part of a Season Pass originates from (else would it not be 'Seasons pass' or 'Annual Pass'?), it's just a coincidence that most season passes cover a year of content. :p

Well stated, either way...I feel as though the masses that complain that upcoming DLC should be included in the first Season Pass are just immature for the fact that they feel that once they spend $30....they are entitled to ALL DLC. The current Pass clearly defines what it brings. Shame on Gearbox for coming up with DLC ideas a couple months down the road and wanting to make money off of it, right? No, shame on the gamers who complain that they can't be bothered with more DLC that isn't part of an old Season Pass and comes out a year after the retail game came out.

At least they dropped regularly. i'd rather collect 10,000 brains than attempt to collect the panties/fish/whatever from the Claptrap DLC again.

Man, that was an achievement. I remember hiding from the final boss and letting it run over the claptraps it spawned. Still took several hours/runs.

On-topic: I'm excited for more levels, but I really hope they don't make another difficulty level for it. UVHM really isn't that fun, and I wished they had handled the level cap increase the way they did with the original Borderlands.

Man, that was an achievement. I remember hiding from the final boss and letting it run over the claptraps it spawned. Still took several hours/runs.

On-topic: I'm excited for more levels, but I really hope they don't make another difficulty level for it. UVHM really isn't that fun, and I wished they had handled the level cap increase the way they did with the original Borderlands.

Shouldn't that mean that you actually DO want them to make another one? One that you will actually enjoy and all. What's the point in wanting to leave it like it was if you didn't like it to begin with? If they do make another mode and it's "better" than UVHM, then I call that a win.

Shouldn't that mean that you actually DO want them to make another one? One that you will actually enjoy and all. What's the point in wanting to leave it like it was if you didn't like it to begin with? If they do make another mode and it's "better" than UVHM, then I call that a win.

Maybe, but if I wasn't a fan of their first attempt at a new difficulty, then you can't fault me for being skeptical at the possibility of them making a second attempt. It could be very good, but it could be very bad.

As a side note, my main problem with UVHM is its dependence on slag. Enemies are practically bullet sponges without it.