2 accounts, 1 saved game - completion achievements

Thiago123

My girlfriend and I were playing through this game with the game saved under her gamertag. This weekend we got it to 100% but the 210 points (Unlock all characters, parcells, and artifacts and complete the game to 100%) worth of achievements only unlocked for her! The only thing I can think of is that she bought a couple of characters once without me being signed on. Since I can't rebuy the characters or move the saved file to my gamertag, am I SOL? Really frustrating if I have to invest another couple of weekends into this! Any tricks?

Someone over at xbox.com forums suggested starting a game and level, then have her drop off, then saving and exiting the level. I will try this tonight...anyone think this will work?

-T

Since it sounds like was she always signed in as player 1 & the save data is under her name, there is no way you are getting the achievements. I am almost positive that Indiana Jones is just like all the LEGO Star Wars games.. where the "buddy" 2nd account gets no points. There's no way you can get the points from being her 2nd player.

If you move the save to your gamertag, it will disable achievements, so definitely don't do that.

Since it sounds like was she always signed in as player 1 & the save data is under her name, there is no way you are getting the achievements. I am almost positive that Indiana Jones is just like all the LEGO Star Wars games.. where the "buddy" 2nd account gets no points. There's no way you can get the points from being her 2nd player.

If you move the save to your gamertag, it will disable achievements, so definitely don't do that.

Yeah, the xbox won't even let me move the saved game anyway.

I was getting achievements for it all along though, like all the Complete X level in Story Mode, Finish a Level without dying, Destroy 50 items with explosives, etc, etc, so I assumed I would get the completion achievements as well...as fellow achievement junkies, you must understand how it felt when she unlocked 210 points at once and I got nothing :(:eek::uzi:

Just add it to the 50 points I lost from Top Spin 2 save game problem once....

Oh well, such is life, guess I'll load it back up...

-T

I was getting achievements for it all along though, like all the Complete X level in Story Mode, Finish a Level without dying, Destroy 50 items with explosives, etc, etc, so I assumed I would get the completion achievements as well...as fellow achievement junkies, you must understand how it felt when she unlocked 210 points at once and I got nothing :(:eek::uzi:

-T

I just posted a thread about this same thing happening to my girlfriend. She's been getting all of the other achievements, but when we bought the last secret character I got "You have chosen wisely" and she didn't. Sounds like we're going to have to play it all again.

I just posted a thread about this same thing happening to my girlfriend. She's been getting all of the other achievements, but when we bought the last secret character I got "You have chosen wisely" and she didn't. Sounds like we're going to have to play it all again.

I just tried what the member of xbox.com suggested and it worked! I got my missing 240 points! This is what I did:

1) started the game under my girlfriend's saved game, she was player 1

2) I signed in and joined the game as player 2

3) I entered a level (I chose the last level of Last Crusade on Freeplay)

4) I walked around and collected a few studs

5) I had my girlfriend, player 1, sign out

6) I hit start, than picked Barnet College, then Exit and Saved....All 5 missing achievements popped up for a total of 240 points:

30 - Unlock all extras

30 - Unlock all characters

40 - Collect all Artifacts

40 - Collect all Parcels

100 - Complete the game to 100%

Give it a try!!

-T

Me and my boyfriend were playing the entire game together, he didnt get the 210 for completing it at the same time i did, but i dropped out and he then went back into the buy character screen and came out and he got them. However it appears glitched on his 50 digs, hyroglyph, and 250 build achievements. Not sure about the thuggee and enemy gate ones as i havnt fished for them yet, but he definately has over 50 digs and hyroglyphs and builds as i did those for him and nothing has come up =c

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
my cousin and i tried the methods described on this page multiple times and couldn't get the ach to unlock. could there have been an update? would deleting my cache help?

I don't know if there has been an update. If so clearing the cache MIGHT work. I do know that this trick does NOT work on Lego Batman, so it is feasible that they updated the old games too (the trick worked for me on Lego SW TCS)...

-T

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't get any of the achievements like doing the scholar 50 times or even 200 bad guys while being the 2nd player.

You need to do these all in one go, basically because you are joining someone elses game your stats arent saved when the game is quit (unlike player 1) but if you both sign in and you (p2) go around doing the scholar etc. it should unlock, Im sure you can save and exit a level, just dont get bored and quit the game half way through.

Dan

Oh and just to add to the above yes you can do the 2 accounts with 1 game thing.

I just tried what the member of xbox.com suggested and it worked! I got my missing 240 points! This is what I did:

1) started the game under my girlfriend's saved game, she was player 1

2) I signed in and joined the game as player 2

3) I entered a level (I chose the last level of Last Crusade on Freeplay)

4) I walked around and collected a few studs

5) I had my girlfriend, player 1, sign out

6) I hit start, than picked Barnet College, then Exit and Saved....All 5 missing achievements popped up for a total of 240 points:

30 - Unlock all extras

30 - Unlock all characters

40 - Collect all Artifacts

40 - Collect all Parcels

100 - Complete the game to 100%

Give it a try!!

-T

I just tried to get this for my girfriend's account as we played through this and she was pretty annoyed at missing out on some of the achievements. This doesn't seem to work anymore! I cleared the cache, didn't accept the update, and I tried lots of different ways of doing it - nothing popped up for player 2.

Am I supposed to be signing player 1 out, dropping player 1 out, or dropping out then signing out player 1? I tried all three ways, but nothing seemed to be working! :(

Can anybody confirm that this does indeed still work?

Waggly Bean, Try this. (presuming Player1 is the one who has the save with all the acheivements)

Sign in on player 1 load up your saved game

sign in as player 2 and join the game

Player 1 drop out (not sign out)

on player 2 control go to the main menu (where you load the game cant remember if its start exit or w.e)

load up the game as player 2 (should still retain player 1s load)

enter and exit a level.

Dan

Waggly Bean, Try this. (presuming Player1 is the one who has the save with all the acheivements)

Sign in on player 1 load up your saved game

sign in as player 2 and join the game

Player 1 drop out (not sign out)

on player 2 control go to the main menu (where you load the game cant remember if its start exit or w.e)

load up the game as player 2 (should still retain player 1s load)

enter and exit a level.

Dan

Well my girlfriend is happy, she's got all the collection achievements that she missed out on now! :)

Didn't need to go all the way back to the menu - just in and out of a level like Thiago123's description said. Don't know why it didn't work for me the other day, but the main thing is it does still work, even if it's a bit temperamental!! ;)

Here's EXACTLY what I did for anybody else having trouble with this:

1. Cleared my cache to remove any update:

Press guide button and scroll right to the System Blade, and select Memory.

Highlight the Hard Drive symbol and press Y.

Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.

2. Loaded the game up with my gamertag (the one with all the collection achievements)

3. Loaded my game and went to the college.

4. Turned on pad 2, signed in my girlfriend's account, pressed start on her pad.

5. Using player 2's character (I don't know if this makes a difference) pick a level.

6. When in the level, drop out player 1 (NOT sign out).

7. Run around a bit as player 2 and collect some studs to make sure it registers.

8. Press Start, 'Save and Exit' to the college. Achievements should all pop on the level summary screen.

Thanks for the help guys, and I hope this detailed description helps anybody else having trouble with this one! :)

• 2 weeks later...
;1523539']Well my girlfriend is happy, she's got all the collection achievements that she missed out on now! :)

Didn't need to go all the way back to the menu - just in and out of a level like Thiago123's description said. Don't know why it didn't work for me the other day, but the main thing is it does still work, even if it's a bit temperamental!! ;)

Here's EXACTLY what I did for anybody else having trouble with this:

1. Cleared my cache to remove any update:

Press guide button and scroll right to the System Blade, and select Memory.

Highlight the Hard Drive symbol and press Y.

Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.

2. Loaded the game up with my gamertag (the one with all the collection achievements)

3. Loaded my game and went to the college.

4. Turned on pad 2, signed in my girlfriend's account, pressed start on her pad.

5. Using player 2's character (I don't know if this makes a difference) pick a level.

6. When in the level, drop out player 1 (NOT sign out).

7. Run around a bit as player 2 and collect some studs to make sure it registers.

8. Press Start, 'Save and Exit' to the college. Achievements should all pop on the level summary screen.

Thanks for the help guys, and I hope this detailed description helps anybody else having trouble with this one! :)

Oh my gosh thank you so much for posting this! It worked and now my husband and I both have the achievements, so glad we did not have to play this game from the beginning!!!! Now just working on the scream, steal the weapon one, dig, repair etc these all seem to be glitched as we both have done way more than the 50 and the achievements have not popped up for either one of us.

Oh my gosh thank you so much for posting this! It worked and now my husband and I both have the achievements, so glad we did not have to play this game from the beginning!!!! Now just working on the scream, steal the weapon one, dig, repair etc these all seem to be glitched as we both have done way more than the 50 and the achievements have not popped up for either one of us.

That's OK. :)

Your player 1 should be able to get those achievements fine, but I've read somewhere that your player 2 character will have to do each one in one sitting. This is due to the number of times they do things not being saved - as it's player 1's profile that's loaded - player 2 is just a tagalong!

So yeah, whichever one of you is player 2 has some hard work ahead of them I'm afraid!

Oh and the scream one HAS to be done on glass not people, despite what the achievement description says... :rolleyes:

Repair can be done easy - there's one level (I think in Last Crusade) where you have to repair a machine right at the start of the level to make the lift work. After the lift has gone up and come down, the machine breaks again. Repair it 50 times in a row and you have you achievement! :D

Me and my girlfriend are working trying to do this, problem is shes played the game, but only has one cheevo and its on her hdd. So we tried this to save a lot of time on her end since i have the 1k and we cant get this to work. So my guess is that since she wasn't around when I did all of it she can't get them. Anyone mind confirming this?

Cause if it means going through the game again looks like I have to put a couple days aside to do so

• 3 months later...