Official Daily/Weekly Challenges Thread

SuperSkyline89

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't have to be in one game, so most gametypes could work. But I guess grifball is easiest, as it is not too difficult to get 5 in one game.

Prefer to get this in Multi-Team... My Kill\Death ratio always suffers when I play grifball!! :mad:

I'm missing the Laso already tho, 1000 kills is a propper grind!! :uzi:

Hope they start the Laso from the beginning again next week so that I can get the ones I missed last time!

Daily Challenges for 06/07/2011 - Total 4850cR

Blastin' and Relaxin' - 1350cR

Kill 180 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Weapons Swap - 1000cR

Earn 10 sprees in a Firefight Matchmaking game on Heroic or harder.

Clip It. Share It. - 1250cR

Make a clip from your Local files and upload it to your File Share.

You Want This, Don't You? - 1250cR

Earn 10 kills with Precision weapons in a Multiplayer Matchmaking game.

Weekly Challenge

All in a Week's Work - 15000cR

Kill 1000 enemies in Multiplayer Matchmaking this week.

Comments

A wide ranging bunch of challenges for today with a crappy cR output. Still the grind towards the weekly continues today.

Suggested Roadmap

Blastin' and Relaxin', it makes the most sense to do these kills in Multiplayer so it counts towards your weekly amount.

Weapons Swap, a game of Sniper Fight on Courtyard would be ideal for this challenge. Just getting regular kills on any other game type won't get you close. You can do 2x Score Attack and start out with the shotgun and along with the three shotgun sprees against the grunts and then the kill spree's and a sticky spree will net you this challenge.

Clip It. Share It., create a clip from on of your previous games and load it up to your Bungie.net File Share.

You Want This, Don't You, a quick game of Team SWAT will knock this out pretty damned fast.

Weekly Challenge

All in a Week's Work, okay, not really a challenging challenge, but it is going to be a grind and very time consuming. If you started today you would need to average 142 kills a day to get the needed one thousand kills by Sunday.

If you have any problems with todays Dailys or the weekly, you might want to stop by the Achievement Trading thread. Remember that Full Party Boosting is now only allowed if all players are active, no idle guests! Bad news for those of us who used guests to get through some of these challenges as quickly as possibly due to lack of time, either need to find groups of 8+ or give up.

finally done with the weekly challenge :woop:

OMG you are a beast. I only got 116 kills last night. :( I don't see myself getting this weekly done.

Hope they start the Laso from the beginning again next week so that I can get the ones I missed last time!

Me too. I never did ONI Sword Base and I never finished Long Night of Solace. I may run through New Alexandria again to see if I can do it faster.

Don't you say that! I did all of them and never want to do them again.

LOL!

Somehow in the last week or two my save game/profile was slightly corrupt b/c it reset my campaign history. Even though I was on the last 2 maps, most of the ones in the beginning and middle were locked. :confused:

Anyway, I re-ran through them on Normal so I could unlock them. WOW, how easy they were compared to LASO!!! I was amazed how long you could sit in 1 place taking hit after hit and still be alive. Not to mention forgetting how your shields regenerate! It was actually fun to just blow through the levels without the stress and frustration of LASO.

lol honestly it took a long ass time but after like 30-40 games of grifball, i got it done :)

I only played enough games to get some of the daily challenges then I quit for the night. I did get 42 kills and another 59 in two Grifball games so I should have kept it going for a little longer.

884 kills remaining over the next 6 days is 147 per day. Doubt I can do it tho. That's a lot of MP games.

Don't you say that! I did all of them and never want to do them again.

How about ENSO Speed runs (Easy No Skulls On!) ? ;)

up to 315 kills for my weekly, but not playing grifball as my K/D ratio is still to volatile! was trying to get cross mapping in big team. Only need that and who ate all the chips now. :woop:

Got "If they came to hear me beg" finally!

Daily Challenges for 06/08/2011 - Total 8225cR

Fire When Ready - 1100cR

Kill 30 enemies in Multiplayer Matchmaking.

A Heroic Breach - 1125cR

Kill 150 enemies on Corvette on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking.

L.D. Solace - 5000cR

Complete Long Night of Solace, without dying, on Legendary with Mythic, Thunderstorm, Tilt, and Tough Luck on.

Killing Spree - 1000cR

Earn a Killing Spree in Multiplayer Matchmaking.

Weekly Challenge

All in a Week's Work - 15000cR

Kill 1000 enemies in Multiplayer Matchmaking this week.

Comments

A decent cR output thanks to the challenge to complete Long Night of Solace on Legendary, the rest of the challenges are pretty easy.

Suggested Roadmap

Fire When Ready, you should be able to get 30 kills in a game or two so nothing to sweat here at all.

A Heroic Breach, you will need to complete two games of 2x Score Attack on the Corvette map to complete this challenge.

L.D. Solace, You need to complete the level on Legendary with the listed Skulls on, you can cheat the system by doing the save and quit method after you've beaten the level. At the final cut scene hit a then y and quickly hit the start button and save and quit. Restart the level and it will complete and give you the challenge as technically you didn't die.

Killing Spree, five kills in a row shouldn't be a problem. Can be done in any mode, but I'd honestly suggest BTB.

Weekly Challenge

All in a Week's Work, okay, not really a challenging challenge, but it is going to be a grind and very time consuming. If you started today you would need to average 142 kills a day to get the needed one thousand kills by Sunday.

If you have any problems with todays Dailys or the weekly, you might want to stop by the Achievement Trading thread. Remember that Full Party Boosting is now only allowed if all players are active, no idle guests! Bad news for those of us who used guests to get through some of these challenges as quickly as possibly due to lack of time, either need to find groups of 8+ or give up.

L.D. Solace - 5000cR

Complete Long Night of Solace, without dying, on Legendary with Mythic, Thunderstorm, Tilt, and Tough Luck on.

Long NightMARE of Solace more like! Think i'll give this a miss for 5000 and spend the time working on the weekly!

Would like to get this LASO as I gave up last time.. too many damned elites!

OMG you are a beast. I only got 116 kills last night. :( I don't see myself getting this weekly done.

Me too. I never did ONI Sword Base and I never finished Long Night of Solace. I may run through New Alexandria again to see if I can do it faster.

i completed the weekly last night :) only took two days and around 8 hours of gameplay :) reminded me of the GoW Seriously Achievement lol i wonder if one week they will do a 10K challenge..................hope not

When it comes to challenges like L.D Solace, is it possible for me to make my own saves for when challenges like this appear. Like, playing through until the last checkpoint on a non challenge day, then restoring it on challenge day in order to get the points?

I'd like the 5,000 but no way in hell am I doing this without dying.

I'm don't think that would work since the challenge has you start from the beginning of the level, because loading the lastpoint (Bravo I think its called) from the menu and playing to the end from it doesn't get you it either. Could try doing it with another person though or if doing solo Save & Quit as soon as you die before it resets you and says you failed the challenge

I'm don't think that would work since the challenge has you start from the beginning of the level, because loading the lastpoint (Bravo I think its called) from the menu and playing to the end from it doesn't get you it either. Could try doing it with another person though or if doing solo Save & Quit as soon as you die before it resets you and says you failed the challenge

I wasn't thinking of starting from checkpoints, but to play through from the start and back the save up around last checkpoint/during cutscene at end. It should still count as playing through the stage when restored, just not sure if it would work for challenges.

Ahh I haven't heard of doing that, now I'm curious if it works for todays challenge

Another thing I have noticed, is if you aren't signed into XBL, challenges don't appear. So why not disconnected from XBL, play to the last checkpoint, reconnect so the challenge will load then finish. I may try this one.

As far as I know that will work fine.

Not tried it myself as haven't had time to work out how to back up my saves.. anyone give a quick n00b's guide?

When you save and quit, it creates an 11mb file in your save data. You'll need a USB drive converted to work as a 360 memory card or an actual memory card. Im just not sure if you can do multiple saves of Reach though.

Would like to get this LASO as I gave up last time.. too many damned elites!

Same here. Got all the way to the control room and ran out of time for the week. :(

...is it possible for me to make my own saves for when challenges like this appear....then restoring it on challenge day in order to get the points?

I'd like the 5,000 but no way in hell am I doing this without dying.

Yes. All the campaign challenges that say to do it "without dying" can easily be accomplished with the Save&Quit then come back to finish without any previous deaths counting against you. This has been discussed several times in this thread. This is the main reason to play Solo vs Coop. In CO-OP you can't save your progress with the Iron skull on.

Not tried it myself as haven't had time to work out how to back up my saves.. anyone give a quick n00b's guide?

When you save and quit, it creates an 11mb file in your save data. You'll need a USB drive converted to work as a 360 memory card or an actual memory card. Im just not sure if you can do multiple saves of Reach though.

Yes, either have multiple USB drives on-hand or save the files to your network. Then either plug back in the drive you want or copy it back from your computer. All you are doing is backing up your data and performing a restore. You don't have to copy it back onto your console's drive. Just run/load it off the USB drive.

I think the USB drive has to be a minimum of 1 GB in size. You can then customize the drive to be 256 MB in size but it will create a 512 MB system file. When you copy over your reach save game, it will create 2 files; a small one and a 256 MB one. The size of the files won't change even though you copy over your 11 MB Reach save or any other game's game save files. Basically it is a container that has it's max size reserved. However, if you copy it to your computer, it may compress down to about 15 MB. :) I only do this to backup my data in case of a console HDD crash. ;)

I've heard that if you do that too much its bannable if you farm challenges by unplug and re-plugging

That action is bannable if you abuse it. If it happens 1 or 2 times by accident then they won't bother you. I actually had XBL disconnect on a run-through right at the end. I was awarded the challenge points but then I went back and noticed it wasn't marked as complete after I reconnected to XBL. Tried it again and it gave me the points (again) and marked the challenge as complete. However, I didn't pull a plug; Reach's XBL connection just sucks. Bungie's banhammer can tell why you got disconnected (pulling the plug, network modification, etc..) so that's why you can get banned.

Anyway, there's no need to unplug your i-net connection. Playing campaign missions over and over to farm is not a bannable situation as long as you aren't modifying (altering) a save file. Just get to the end (or a desired checkpoint), Save & Quit, then come back to finish. Reload the checkpoint, kill enemies, reload again, etc...

Loading an old save at the final checkpoint does work as long as the run-through has the same activated skulls and skill criteria as listed in the challenge.

Edited by RamHawk