Achievement Guide and Road Map

FlevoHD

Can I just ask, is this or is it not a bicycle kick?

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/100680288

If so, why does the achievement never pop?

Seeing it a few times, I'd qualify it as a ''flying volley'', a volley taken with the entire body in the air.

For a bicycle kick, you player's head has to be under the ball, and in this case, the head and the ball were on the same height

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1899/+RarEg==.jpg - Megged 30:gsicon:

Succesfully dribble the ball through a defenders legs

I wouldn't play matches for this achievement only, as it's rather hard to unlock it when going for it specifically. Some ways to get it are;

- shoot it through the legs and then pick it up again

- run at top speed with a defender behind you, then suddenly turn around in the defender's direction (do this on amateur to decrease the chance of the defender taking the ball off you)

- get yourself surrounded by defenders and, like way 1, shoot and hope for the best

It seems this achievement is gained mostly by luck.

How are you supposed to pick it up again? I have shot through the opponents legs countless times and this still has not unlocked for me, and every time I shot it through an opposing player's legs, the GK gets the ball before I can. Does anyone have a video of how they did this that wasn't blindly dribbling into someone and it randomly unlocking (this hasn't come close to working for me but every video guide it seems this is how they did it).

Virtual pro chevo. Can I quit a game once it starts then quit, will it go towards the 50 games played?

It should.

How are you supposed to pick it up again? I have shot through the opponents legs countless times and this still has not unlocked for me, and every time I shot it through an opposing player's legs, the GK gets the ball before I can. Does anyone have a video of how they did this that wasn't blindly dribbling into someone and it randomly unlocking (this hasn't come close to working for me but every video guide it seems this is how they did it).

For this method you have to be rather lucky. If your player is quite far away from the defender, you will have to build power to make the ball go through the defender's legs. This will most likely cause the ball to get too far ahead and eventually picked up by the GK.

You have to be really close to the defender and pretty much shoot/pass right before he takes the ball from you.

Edit: I want to submit both Road Map and Achievement Guide to the site. Does anyone have any tips left regarding improvements?

Edited by FlevoHD

I have a video for virtually every achievement with tips and tricks how to increase the chance of unlocking these. Will post soon.

I also have a guide and roadmap Steelstick, can we merge them or does x360a decide??? Sorry never wrote one before..

You do?

Perhaps you could quote this post and post a link? I haven't seen another guide or road map for this game yet, and thats why I made this one

Yeah I have done it for my new YouTube channel so it includes all the videos.I have just starting posting on forums so didn't actually know how it worked until this week. Don't want to step on toes and i could PM you it if you wish.

I think I found a possible solution to "Happy 20th EA Sports!"

Whichever game mode you play FIRST, is the game-mode in which the achievement is tallied and unlocked. For example, some people got it in UT, because they played UT first. Others get it in Be a Pro, because that was the first mode they played.

Myself, I played an exhibition match immediately upon firing up the game, and then played nothing but UT, getting easily 80+ goals. Played a couple exhibition matches with friends recently and all of a sudden...BOOM cheevo pops.

For this method you have to be rather lucky. If your player is quite far away from the defender, you will have to build power to make the ball go through the defender's legs. This will most likely cause the ball to get too far ahead and eventually picked up by the GK.

You have to be really close to the defender and pretty much shoot/pass right before he takes the ball from you.

Edit: I want to submit both Road Map and Achievement Guide to the site. Does anyone have any tips left regarding improvements?

I got this yesterday apparently, I looked at my achievements today when I got on and it was unlocked but I don't recall ever unlocking it. Whatever Ii will take it.

I cannot disagree more on the actual Achievementdifficulty.While the game is not hard, the randomness of the "How Great Is That?" Achievement does make this game NOT an easy 1k. So the score is somewhat misleading and you should at least point out, that people might never get the Full 1.000, as long as EA does nothing about the IF-ratio. On top of that it is unbelieveable frustrating and annoying. Some kind of warning or whatever.

I mean seriously, a game with an Achievement that you cannot properly work toward and might take indefinately is not easy. It's just one of the most horrible Achievements on the 360, but in this Roadmap/Guide this is not even mentioned.

Edited by Schreckofant

I cannot disagree more on the actual Achievementdifficulty.While the game is not hard, the randomness of the "How Great Is That?" Achievement does make this game NOT an easy 1k. So the score is somewhat misleading and you should at least point out, that people might never get the Full 1.000, as long as EA does nothing about the IF-ratio. On top of that it is unbelieveable frustrating and annoying. Some kind of warning or whatever.

I mean seriously, a game with an Achievement that you cannot properly work towards and might take indefinately is no where easy. It's just one of the most horrible Achievements on the 360, but in this Roadmap/Guide this is not even mentioned.

I will point out that ''How Great is That?'' does involve luck, however, the ''Estimated Achievement Difficulty'' shows how hard the achievements are and how much skill is required.

You say that the achievement might take a long time. In that case, I will have to change the ''Approximate Time to 1000G'' time amount. I was already planning on doing this anyway.

But since ''How Great is That'' does not require any skill and thus does not increase the difficulty based on skill, I (for now) don't plan on changing the Estimated Achievement Difficulty. This guide and it's Road Map is based on difficulty, not on luck.

Sorry, but I think it NORMALLY is that way, because games normally don't have these kind of Achievements. But unfortunately this is one is a huge exception, so you cannot compare it to every other game out there.

I mean it's your Guide in the end, but when mentioning the score (because that's what most people look at) I'd definately leave a note or even make a second score with this Achievement in mind.

Because it does not only take long, as you call it, it might even be impossible to get for some people, just like some people never win money in the lottery etc. There is absolutely no progression with this achievement and every pack you open, even if it is number 25.000, you start at zero. There is no guarantee that one person will ever get it,. just like other people already got several IF-Players. I easily opened up to 200 gold packs, and still got shit.

Edit: ok maybe not 300, but I'm trading half the day and already sold some high class players for severall 100k of coins (plus spending MSP, which I could kill myself for now...) , so the number is probably close to that. I also got several former TOTW players, but the chances to get one of these 17-18 in the exact week is unbelievable small, if you calculated it.

Edited by Schreckofant

Look, I agree that the achievement is insane. No achievement should be based on luck. I still stand by what I said before though. I'd like to add that I honestly don't know how I would have to give a difficulty rating to a luck-based achievement!

If I make it 10/10, people who got it fast will say ''no way it's that hard, it's gotta be easier''

If I make it, say 1/10, people who don't have it will say ''omg no way it's so hard to unlock, takes so long''

I already changed the Approx. Time to 1000:gsicon: and I added an Important Note in bold directly beneath the Overview in the Road Map (I'll also add the note to the achievement itself), but like I said before, this guide and it's road map are based on skill difficulty and not luck difficulty.

Ah I didn't even see the note underneath, you might think about changing it's colour to red ;) And maybe put the asterisk also behind the achievement difficulty, than everything should be clear at first glance and people should know what they're in when getting the game for GS (if anyone considers to do so).

OK, here's the changes I've made (changes are in red);

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10* - see the Important Note below

-Offline: 635 (29/45)

-Online: 365 (16/45)

-Approximate time to 1000: At least 50 hours, count on 70+

-Numer of missable achievements: None

-Do cheats disable achievements? No cheats

-Does difficulty affect achievements? Possible, see ''Legendary''

-Glitchy achievements? ''Club Legend'' is said to be glitchy

*Important note: FIFA 12 contains one achievement based on luck. This achievement is ''How Great is That?''. It requires you to get a Team of the Week player in an Ultimate Team pack. This achievement may strongly increase the time total to 1000

Added the Important Note and directed the users to it at the ''Estimated Achievement Difficulty''

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1899/s2.jpg - How Great is That? 20:gsicon:

Find a Team of the Week player in an Ultimate Team pack

This achievement is mostly based on luck. Each week there's a new Team of the Week, so each week there are different players that will unlock this achievement.

Note that TOTW players are not always Gold players, as said by gazmaster 1;

It depends on who is in the team of the week. If there are silvers in there then you could go for silver packs. It also depends on how many silvers, bronze etc... are in TOTW as if you have for example 10 gold and 1 silver the chance of getting that one silver is slim compared to the chances of getting a TOTW player from the 10. You can get gold players in premium silver and silver in premium bronze, the odds of this happening are slim so the odds of getting a TOTW player are even slimmer again. I personally only have had 1 TOTW player from opening nearly 150 packs from a variety of bronze, silver and gold premium packs.

*Important note: some people say that they did unlock the achievement, but the player (whose card was black) did not show up in the TOTW selection. This may suggest that TOTW subs, which are not shown at the TOTW selection also count for this.

*Important note #2: This achievement may strongly increase the time total to 1000:gsicon:

Added the Important Note (as a 2nd important note) to the achievement itself

I think these changes will alarm users if necessary

I think the warrior achievement is for scoring with a player that has suffered for a muscle spasm or muscle rupture. I got it with a player that had a muscle injury in the extra time, and scored on a penalty afterworth. So I guess it has to be a non contact injury as the achievement says.

I think the warrior achievement is for scoring with a player that has suffered for a muscle spasm or muscle rupture. I got it with a player that had a muscle injury in the extra time, and scored on a penalty afterworth. So I guess it has to be a non contact injury as the achievement says.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the bold part means (English isn't my primary language)

Are you saying I have to edit the info?

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the bold part means (English isn't my primary language)

Are you saying I have to edit the info?

Its when the player runs and suddently feels pain in leg, because of exhaustion or overwork usually late in the game, like a fiber injury in a muscle. In the guide it is described as a soft tackling injury by a defender.