Coming in August 2014

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-minecraft-xbox-one-edition-announce

Are you feeling that uncomfortable “Minecraft” withdrawal from not being able to go all next-gen with your favorite blocky life simulator? If so, great news: “Minecraft” creator Mojang has just announced that “Minecraft: Xbox One Edition” is coming to the Xbox Live Marketplace this August – and if you’re a current “Minecraft” enthusiast, it’s only going to cost you a mere $4.99*!

Get ready for even bigger worlds (with scenic vistas), all of your favorite features from “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” and the option to import your saved game data and your beautiful, one-of-a-kind “Minecraft” world onto your Xbox One. That’s right: You don’t have to start from scratch. You can just keep going, right where you left off! That goes for most (but not all) of your downloadable skins and texture packs, though not all of them will make the jump.

“Minecraft: Xbox One Edition” will debut at $19.99. But here’s the best news for current “Minecraft” junkies: If you’re moving up from “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” (either the disc or Xbox Live Marketplace version), the Xbox One upgrade will run you a mere $4.99. And, even better, you can upgrade at this price for a full year from the game’s release!

So, get pumped for the sure-to-be-awesome “Minecraft: Xbox One Edition,” coming your way this August. And if you’re not already one of the 12 million-strong fans of “Minecraft” on Xbox, what are you waiting for?

*Users must own the retail version (disc or digital) of “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” in order to receive the upgrade price of $4.99 for “Minecraft: Xbox One Edition.”

great news.

yes, its quite a while away, but at leat we have a release date, so i can spend all of july and june not thinking 'OMG hurr up with release date'

im quite suprised at the low upgrade cost! i would have been happy with a full rebuy and shocked at a 50% decrease, but a 75% decrease, WOW! :p

roll on august, until then i will continue expanding my 360 world, and hopefully transfer it to xbox one and have more world generate.

edit: its great most texture packs and skin packs will transfer tooo! :L

It is pretty neat that they are rewarding us for owning the 360 version. I just hope they release a list of which skin/mash-up/texture packs transfer over. I really only use the Skyrim mash-up and plastic texture pack. I would like to get the Halo mash-up as well. I forget which skin pack but my favorite skin to play as is the purple/gold knight with the cape. So I hope that too transfers.

this is good but I'm not sure can someone explain if they know if we have a 360 version does this mean when we upgrade do we loose the chance to play it on 360 and the transferable saves are apparently meant to be transferred to the cloud does this mean my 360 wont have this same if someone knows that's great ?

this is good but I'm not sure can someone explain if they know if we have a 360 version does this mean when we upgrade do we loose the chance to play it on 360 and the transferable saves are apparently meant to be transferred to the cloud does this mean my 360 wont have this same if someone knows that's great ?

Not totally sure what you mean, but if i understood correctly.

You copy any save's from your 360 to a USB then plug in and download your save's to your Xbox One, this will not effect you're 360 world save's in any way and you can still play Minecraft on the 360 if you upgrade..

It's just giving people who already own the 360 version a nice bonus to upgrade at a cheaper price..

Not sure about saving to the Cloud, as i thought that would be the way it would be done, but i've not read anything saying this yet...

Hope this answers your question, best way is to keep checking this forum every so often for any more news...:)

• 2 weeks later...

August is getting close now, and I am pumped for this. Even more so now I can get it for £4.99! 4J really do care about the fans, and are my favourite Devs by a country mile. The fact that texture packs will be transferable as well is a bonus. I won't be transferring any of my worlds except my current Creative world, as I want to start over. Never bothered me before.

August is getting close now,

august is getting closer!

4J really do care about the fans,

only if world generation on transfrerred saves happens, thats what a lot of people want, and IS POSSIBLE, weather they decide to do it or not determins if they care or not. (my opinion)

if they dont put it in they will come out with an excuse saying why they cant do it

There would be a lot of backlash if they did not do the terrain generation correctly. They are likely very aware what they need to do.

I respect your opinion about the matter. Perhaps question it, as 4J have supported Minecraft 2 years after release with constant updates, and bug fixes. Sure a lot of bugs could have been avoided, but they get back on the case as soon as they can. Agree to disagree with you I suppose :)

I am squeaking with excitement at the prospect of playing it on Xbox One, and looking to get into a brand new world on release day. I don't know whether or not to start a survival or creative build. I do love fully exploring a new map to find the perfect place to start a build, and can traverse a map far too quickly now. So might just go with survival.

I'm having trouble deciding which to be more excited about, the price cut or the release date(sorta release date). All I can really say is that it's going to be awesome seeing what kind of redstone creations we can make with the power of the Xbox One. Hopefully, we can finally make something decently impressive!