New achievement, play 10,000 hands. WTF?

BLQQDCQRE

The new achievements are not tied to the Summer season. You can get them anytime. I played this game a lot during the first couple of seasons and have just started to play again after taking over a year off and I have over 7000 hands played. If you like poker and actually plan on playing regularly with a group of friends (check the partners thread at the top of the page), you will get this quicker than you think. The average online player on sites like Pokerstars play more hands than that in a couple of days.

you can create a single player, 2 person tournament and just keep folding. everytime you fold it adds to your "hand played" stat. you can check these stats in the help & options menu.

I started to do that even before looking your comment. I only have over 5000 hands played. This is going to be a boring grind. :(

Is it "play" or "win"? Winning that many would suck...not that playing is a breeze. Achievements like this kill me and are pretty much useless or should be worth 500G.

Tell me about it. Had this game fully completed quite early and the same again with the release of the first two DLC's and also the Windows Phone version then they go and stick this stupid achievement in. Hate it.

Oh yeah, it's just play but still....

The other guys had a good idea on how to do this with a 2 person tournament and keep folding. That is what I have set up except each time the tournament starts I immediately hit the start button and then select "sit out." and it continually folds hands for you and you don't have to keep hitting B to fold. The bad thing is it costs you your blinds as well as your antes. So the tournament finishes in about 5 minutes or so and you have to continue to repeat but you get 14-18 hands depending on if you win the final all in hand or not. Sure it's still a grind and every 5 minutes you have to set up a new tournament but beats hitting B to fold ever 15 seconds. Hope this helps people that are interested and do not have a turbo controller.