Whos beat the game? and disscussion thread *SpoilerAlert DONT READ UNLESS YOU BEAT IT

Pr0ph3cy

So the game is awesome

loved the ending

Would you like to see this as a movie?

I wonder what AC3 will bring us

Ezio being completely clueless when she says Desmond was funny as shit

then when it was over. I forget who says it but pretty much spoke for all the players who have beaten it. What The Frack

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely with your post.

I personally think AC3 will be without an animus of sorts and will focus on Desmond in the present, as he learned all of the assassin's tricks through the "Bleeding Effect". I suppose he'll be looking for more vaults or something in order to stop the world from perishing all over again.

Not quite sure how Templars fit into this whole plottwist, though. I mean, surely, they don't wish for the world to end either? :p

just beat it 15 minutes ago. amazing ending.

Im still not down with the idea of modern times. Like everyone has guns these days and i dont see how someone like desmond trained with assassin skills could fight against gun wielding opponents.

But, dude, imagine jumping into a haystack from the top of the empire state building.

In all seriousness though, I have no idea how they will continue the story, but I can't fucking wait for AC3.

Well, considering Desmond can now fight, I am sure at least parts will be in modern times. I like the fact that the Templars aren't the greatest threat. From what the hologram said, a Solar Flare will cause a 2012 like apocalypse.

I also enjoyed the files from the glyphs. To see how the Templars manipulated history was interesting.

But, dude, imagine jumping into a haystack from the top of the empire state building.

In all seriousness though, I have no idea how they will continue the story, but I can't fucking wait for AC3.

but why the hell would there be a haystack under the empire state building. thats the point im trying to get across. this simply would be assassins creed if it was modern times.

i beat it the other night. not the ending i was expecting, but was still well done and played out. and it was quite hilarious when the hologram spoke to "you" (or desmond if u prefer) as if she was expecting desmond too see that eventually anyways.

now, one thing i dont like, what actually happens to ezio afterwards? same thing with altair. we see his armor, but what events led to his absence and what carried his armor on through the years?

id like to see a book series that helps explain the other, maybe minor questions a little bit, or till fill in missing gaps.

just beat it, credits are rolling as i type. 3 words what the fuck!! now im just dieing for the 3rd... im thinking itll be something along the lines of desmond figuring out the 2012 thing and killing vidic, i never did like him

it would be totally killer if they made it into a trilogy movie like the games

I beat this game last night and I'm jonesin for AC3 already. The ending was just as much a cliff hanger as the last, just this time they seemed to steer it more into one specific direction than the last time, I just hope they don't bring it to modern day. As others have said, mad ninja skills are no match for a bunch of guys with guns, and playing primarily with guns is not Assassin's Creed.

I got a laugh out of Ezio's confusion when the god spoke to Desmond. Loved seeing Lucy throw a hidden blade to Desmond, then using it on some templars. What the hell were the modern day templars armed with? Anyone else notice they weren't swords but looked like extra long night sticks? Vidic is a pussy, comes in talking shit then runs when he has to fend for himself. Sure can't wait to shank his ass in the next/final game (I'm sure you'll get to, nothing else would bring closure like killing that asshole).

Wish I could have hidden bladed that last asshole, after all the time spent chasing him, lowering his health and then the cock sucker stabbing me, choking him just wasn't as satisfying as sticking a blade in under his chin and out the back of his head would have been.

All in all, I love the improvements that were made. Blend system is 1000000000x better, love the money system and the fact they made the repeatative stuff optional this time round. It felt like a RPG to me, which is good considering they usually have more depth than an action game. GOTY.

anyone think at one point in ac3 we'll be playing as altair's son(s) because during the bleeding effect part were you became altair and you leaped off the tower you stayed with the girl and zoomed on her stomach and in the codex pages theres mention of altair's children

i beat it the other night. not the ending i was expecting, but was still well done and played out. and it was quite hilarious when the hologram spoke to "you" (or desmond if u prefer) as if she was expecting desmond too see that eventually anyways.

now, one thing i dont like, what actually happens to ezio afterwards? same thing with altair. we see his armor, but what events led to his absence and what carried his armor on through the years?

id like to see a book series that helps explain the other, maybe minor questions a little bit, or till fill in missing gaps.

The Codex explains some of Altair's life.

Other assassins carry his armor through time and eventually you get to use it.

Finished 1000/1000 yesterday. Not only GOTY but now after Oblivion Bering fav game all this time, I now have a new all-time favorite game in AC2! Finishing it had the bittersweet feel u get after a gr8 book or movie. So engrossing yet sad to have completed it--til AC3.

The whole time I was thinking I wish they'd make a background boook or a good movie to fill in some more background. I have studied the Templar, NWO, Illuminati, First Civ, etc for decades & to have a fictionalized version based on many schools of thought here is a dream game come true for me.

AC1 was a good effort but was lacking in the repetitive fetch quests. The end of AC2 was not surprising. It was well done tho. I can't wait til the next AC game. They both released near my bday so luckily family won't have trouble figuring out my bday gift in (hopefully) 2 years.

Going to replay this again on a backup account at least once more as I did with AC1!

I would be very happy to see the Bleeding Effect happen in reverse actually, i.e. Altair and Ezio begin to actually see things in the future and sort of "guide" desomond.

In one of the codex pages I believe Altair talks about using the PE to glimpse the future. I mean, Ezio's not gonna deal with just hearing this message from Minerva and then be like "okay", he's going to try to understand it. Probably do some sort of past-change-future thing, maybe even alternating between Altair and Ezio.

I dunno but I'm worried the story's been written into a corner. How do you stop a solar flare? Taking a turn into a more dominant science fiction approach is kinda weird since it's predominantly historical fantasy, but that's just me.

I would be very happy to see the Bleeding Effect happen in reverse actually, i.e. Altair and Ezio begin to actually see things in the future and sort of "guide" desomond.

In one of the codex pages I believe Altair talks about using the PE to glimpse the future. I mean, Ezio's not gonna deal with just hearing this message from Minerva and then be like "okay", he's going to try to understand it. Probably do some sort of past-change-future thing, maybe even alternating between Altair and Ezio.

I dunno but I'm worried the story's been written into a corner. How do you stop a solar flare? Taking a turn into a more dominant science fiction approach is kinda weird since it's predominantly historical fantasy, but that's just me.

I dont think its going to be a solar flare so too speak. I believe, and its just an idea, that the Templars will have some how figured this out and TRY to trigger the sun some way, launch a nuke into it, atmosphere destruction, whatever. Some how, the Templars are going to seriously raise the bar in AC3. Its the natural progression. Desmond and Lucy's little mutiny will force their hand, so to speak.

I dont think its going to be a solar flare so too speak. I believe, and its just an idea, that the Templars will have some how figured this out and TRY to trigger the sun some way, launch a nuke into it, atmosphere destruction, whatever. Some how, the Templars are going to seriously raise the bar in AC3. Its the natural progression. Desmond and Lucy's little mutiny will force their hand, so to speak.

I certainly hope it's not as schmultzy as a solar flare. Although I think they were leaning towards some environmentalist point of view, like Lucy said about the megnetic changes in the atmosphere. It does happen once every five thousand years or something, with the polar procession I believe, and that may be the angle their playing off of. During that time the atmosphere goes crazy or something, can't remember that far back into my edjumikashunz.

Although if this is largely based off of maiyan philsophy it will have something to do with the sun. Either way it will be the most epic game story ever or it will crash so badly no one will ever want to mention it again...

Great game. First game in awhile i just couldn't put down.

Frustrating ending because now i want ac3, sigh.

Still haveto get the feathers and the glyphs though so that should keep me busy, just hadto see how the story ended.

Ezio was a great protagonist, i think by about half way through the game i liked him more than altair.

How cool was the part where you use the apple to create duplicates of yourself.

Can't wait for ac3, abstergo are going down.

Whilst I loved the game, in fact I'd go so far to say this game is probably one of my top 3 now, it still had a few niggles - at least for me.

For example, whilst the ending was good, I'm not particularly liking the direction it could take the franchise in. The whole sci-fi thing was quite loose in the first, with it only really coming into play towards the end, with the mind control and what not, but in this one, it's a lot more influential to the story.

As the story got further on, it seemed that Ezio had forgotten why he was hunting and killing these people, about the time he met Antonio and Rosa. It seemed to me like he was just killing these random people, sporadic and for the hell of it. This didn't change till towards the end, where you confront Borgia dressed as the guard. I don't know whether that was just me though.

Other than those two rather flimsy points, amazing game and one of the few I'd give top marks to... Unfortunately, we have to wait to damn long for the next installment. 2 years to create, a weekend to complete... Time's a cruel master!

So the game is awesome

loved the ending

Would you like to see this as a movie?

I wonder what AC3 will bring us

Ezio being completely clueless when she says Desmond was funny as shit

then when it was over. I forget who says it but pretty much spoke for all the players who have beaten it. What The Frack

just beat the game....WOW.

I personally think/hope for the next game to involve subject 16. Find out who he is, how/if he's connected to Desmond in any way(other than just an Assassin descendant captured by the Templar's).This way the main narrative of the story will remain in the past and add a bit more background to the story. It can play out as a prequel to the first AC and possibly deal with the origins of the Templars and Assassins....that would be sweet

First off you should already know it wont be in modern times because Lucy says at the end they still have a lot of work to do (which I would assume would have to do with Desmond's ancestors), and Id assume the developers would not be stupid enough to do a modern times one because Assassins Creed without the Animus is not Assassins Creed.

Hay in modern times? No. How about paper, garbage/garbage trucks or even just water (or large piles of something on roof tops, the world is full of materials to use people)? No doubt we will see Desmond exit the animus a few more times but it wont be for a full game. It would be cool to run up modern day buildings but I doubt it would be for more then a level or so or at least not until the fourth game (which I am sure we will see this series go that far knowing developers these days with sequels and such).

To be honest I do not want to see a WW2 themed game though because its over used, maybe WW1 or even something further back like B.C or ancient Egypt. Something historical is always nice but its a safe bet to say that AC3 wont be a full blown modern times game, and I hope its just a trilogy because I am sick of having to wait two years for the next one. End it at three then come back with a prequel I say because we all know December, 2012 is only three years away (lol).

Oh, and no movie, please leave this series as a game. I know the Prince of Persia movie looks tight but it will probably be just like Transformers, spent all the time on action and no story. PoP and AC is about 50/50 action and story, give it to the wrong director and all that gets blown out the window (see Transformers 1 & 2, good action terrible story that involves almost nothing to do with Transformers themselves). Besides, movies do not explain enough in two-three hours, this series goes really deep and Id see it as more of a thriller/action like Angels and Demons. I am not saying it would not be good but the crew would have to be pretty faithful to the series. Besides, Lucy would already have an actress picked out considering she was mo-capped into the game (Kristen Bell).

Edited by Jmashed