August Release Date Confirmed

BiggD

Looks like Blacklist has been pushed to August 20th. What are your opinions on the delay?

Previously tentatively slated for a spring 2013 release, Ubisoft has today announced that Splinter Cell: Blacklist will in fact be arriving closer to summer, with an August launch date confirmed for Sam Fisher's next outing.

A new trailer reveals the release date, as well as confirming that pre-orders will grant additional content. You can check out the video below.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist will be sneaking into stores on August 20th, 2013. Give our hands-on preview from E3 2012 a read to find out more about the next Splinter Cell.

You can check the 'Hands-on Preview" and new video HERE.

Edited by BiggD

Looks like Blacklist has been pushed to August 20th. This enrages me!

You can check the details and new video HERE.

Absolutley no reason to be enraged, 1. there are heavy hitters nearly every week starting next month in Q1. 2. There are no game in the summer so this is a refreshing change. 3. Im not convinced the game will be that good anyway

The further the date get pushed back the closer I think it going to be a next-gen console

That's why I'm a little ticked off. If it's getting pushed back 'til August...it should just be a next-gen game.

Absolutley no reason to be enraged, 1. there are heavy hitters nearly every week starting next month in Q1. 2. There are no game in the summer so this is a refreshing change. 3. Im not convinced the game will be that good anyway

Read my reasoning above. And game won't be good? Let me guess...because no Ironside? -__-

Really looking forward to this and Watch Dogs but August..really? That is a bitch.

RIGHT?! Wish at least June.

You can't rush perfection :( Considering all the moves and everything else they've added to this series, I think I'm actually ok with it, even them I am soooooo stoked to play this game.

True you cannot rush it if we want it to be good. However I think August is a really odd time for a Tom Clancy title to launch. It's almost always Spring (March/April/May) for TC games :(

I'm pissed. I was planning on playing this sooner. Now there's a huge hole in my gaming schedule (lol).

Also, I think pushing the start date will only hurt sales. We all know the next Xbox will be announced by the middle of the year, if not sooner. If people are on the fence about a certain game, they will probably not buy it and just wait to spend their money on a next gen game. I'm still getting this game, but I know I am saving my money for the next gen games so I can take full advantage of the hardware of the new console. Any "iffy" (non-AAA) games releasing between now and end of the year are not gonna get bought by me.

I see no reasoning other than a post thats bitches about the game being delayed

Or I simply wanted to share the release date to all the Splinter Cell fans who don't always check the Home Page of this site.

No big surprises here really. Almost every SC game has been delayed in the past.

Not majorly concerned over this either way as Blacklist hasn't really convinced me it's must-buy yet anyway.

Truth. Wasn't Conviction and Future Solider both delayed by like 2 to 3 years? It's a damn trend for Tom Clancy games, lol.

August 23rd for us in the UK..this just keeps getting worst.

:(

There are so many good games coming out within the next couple months, it will be a nice delay in my opinion. It will help with the sales when they release it without having so much competition.

Very true. August will be dead so if it does come out on the 20th, assuming it won't be delayed...again, it'll be good.

My wishlist right now is rough.

• Crysis 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • Injustice
  • Army of Two: Devil's Cartel
  • GTA V

Subject to change but there's alotta good games coming out Q1 and Q2 of this year.

Edited by BiggD

Still dont see any reasoning as to why the delay "enrages you"

Because I'm a huge Splinter Cell fan and was I excited for the game to come out in April of this year when it was announced at E3 last summer. Although my wishlist for this Spring consists of 5 games, I'll only end up getting GTA V in May. That is 4 months from now. I have expenses to pay and that is why I am only limiting myself to 2 purchases this year, considering and assuming that the new Xbox comes out these Holidays. With this said, I will not have any new games to play until May now, since Blacklist has been delayed until August. Waiting an extra 4 months for my second favorite game upsets me. Even though I realize Tom Clancy games are always delayed, I had thought Ubisoft would be able to deliver with Blacklist this April. To release the game in August is odd, in my opinion. Tom Clancy games usually launch in March and April so I feel that the game will end up being delayed yet again once July comes. Perhaps 'enrage' was not the correct verb to use in my original post, which is why I edited it. Maybe 'upset' would have been better.

Don't mean to sound rude...just getting my point across even though I shouldn't have to explain why a delayed game upsets me.

Edited by BiggD

My wishlist right now is rough.

• Crysis 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • Injustice
  • Army of Two: Devil's Cartel
  • GTA V

At least you've got a good list of options. The only thing I'm super interested in playing Q1/Q2 is Tomb Raider and hopefully South Park if THQ can get it's stuff together.

(Crysis 3 and AoT can wait for $20 sale; GTA 5 when it hits $30-35.)

At least you've got a good list of options. The only thing I'm super interested in playing Q1/Q2 is Tomb Raider and hopefully South Park if THQ can get it's stuff together.

(Crysis 3 and AoT can wait for $20 sale; GTA 5 when it hits $30-35.)

Crysis 3 and AoT aren't first day buys for me either. I'll probably wait til they drop but I might not even purchase them unfortunately. Like I said in my post above, I'm tight on money this year so I'm trying to limit my purchases to 2-3 games. GTA5 is a definite for me only because it has the most replayability outta all the others.

Because I'm a huge Splinter Cell fan and was I excited for the game to come out in April of this year when it was announced at E3 last summer. Although my wishlist for this Spring consists of 5 games, I'll only end up getting GTA V in May. That is 4 months from now. I have expenses to pay and that is why I am only limiting myself to 2 purchases this year, considering and assuming that the new Xbox comes out these Holidays. With this said, I will not have any new games to play until May now, since Blacklist has been delayed until August. Waiting an extra 4 months for my second favorite game upsets me. Even though I realize Tom Clancy games are always delayed, I had thought Ubisoft would be able to deliver with Blacklist this April. To release the game in August is odd, in my opinion. Tom Clancy games usually launch in March and April so I feel that the game will end up being delayed yet again once July comes. Perhaps 'enrage' was not the correct verb to use in my original post, which is why I edited it. Maybe 'upset' would have been better.

Don't mean to sound rude...just getting my point across even though I shouldn't have to explain why a delayed game upsets me.

Perhaps you should have orginally posted that, rather than trying to leave bread crumbs that were not there. Not to mention just because you are lacking funds doesnt mean that you cant redbox a game here and there or gamefly it. Just because "you" have issues doesnt mean the game shouldnt be delayed obviously the developers are smarter than we are. Also if it was broken upon release all you haters would constantly bitch about how much work it needs just like when ACIII was released.

Face it starting on first week of february there is a non stop avalance of games every week until at least april.

Perhaps you should have orginally posted that, rather than trying to leave bread crumbs that were not there. Not to mention just because you are lacking funds doesnt mean that you cant redbox a game here and there or gamefly it. Just because "you" have issues doesnt mean the game shouldnt be delayed obviously the developers are smarter than we are. Also if it was broken upon release all you haters would constantly bitch about how much work it needs just like when ACIII was released.

Face it starting on first week of february there is a non stop avalance of games every week until at least april.

It's rare when people actually read long, detailed OP's. So why bother ;)

I'm not looking to start an argument about Blacklist, so I won't discuss it further. I picked up Sleeping Dogs and Mafia II last week for $20 each, so in addition to those two games and future DLC for Halo 4, ACIII & Skyrim, I'll wait until GTAV in May.

Edited by BiggD