Gold Medal Requirements Checklist

BiggD

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for typing the list. Will come in handy!

No problem, hope it helps.

That list can obviously be tweaked to your liking, as there are no guaranteed "easiest Gold" missions. Well, maybe the 'Gauntlet' ones, those are just too easy.

I didn't get a single Gold on any of the Rampage missions. I just had a hard time getting everything in one go.

Yeah, just meant it as a starting point for anyone looking for what may be the easiest missions. There were some on there I did a few times trying to hit certain points (couldn't get the 70% shooting tires on Target Practice, or the Accuracy on Repossession), but I found them to be easier than many of the other accuracy and health missions. Masks and Boiler Suits were the 2 easiest, you basically start the mission in front of the shop, buy the items, it's over. Masks took 12 seconds.

Some will find Rampages hard, but with the auto lock on targeting I just snapped in/snapped out/back in on targets and got all in one go.

Just hope someone will make use of it and be able to tailor it to their needs and playstyle.

No problem, hope it helps.

Yeah, just meant it as a starting point for anyone looking for what may be the easiest missions. There were some on there I did a few times trying to hit certain points (couldn't get the 70% shooting tires on Target Practice, or the Accuracy on Repossession), but I found them to be easier than many of the other accuracy and health missions. Masks and Boiler Suits were the 2 easiest, you basically start the mission in front of the shop, buy the items, it's over. Masks took 12 seconds.

Some will find Rampages hard, but with the auto lock on targeting I just snapped in/snapped out/back in on targets and got all in one go.

Just hope someone will make use of it and be able to tailor it to their needs and playstyle.

Completely disregarded the auto-lock on, which probably makes Rampages 100x easier. When I did them, I didn't even take into consideration I was using free aim. Shit.

I didn't get a single thing on 'Target Practice' my first time around, and then when I redid it, I got everything perfectly in a really fast time, and I even managed to hit four tires with three shots, so my accuracy was 130% or something like that.

This isn't really helpful to anyone unless they are using it so they know what the requirements are before playing the mission, which takes the fun out of the game, because there are no hints and tips or video walkthroughs for the missions. There are some that I've replayed a couple of times that I can't get all of the requirements, possibly because I'm not doing it the right way to get the requirements.

This isn't really helpful to anyone unless they are using it so they know what the requirements are before playing the mission, which takes the fun out of the game, because there are no hints and tips or video walkthroughs for the missions. There are some that I've replayed a couple of times that I can't get all of the requirements, possibly because I'm not doing it the right way to get the requirements.

Gee, thanks...If you believe I am going to make a video or text walkthrough for 70+ missions, you can keep dreaming. This is merely a reference checklist. You don't need to use it. There's no set 70 that are universally easy. Believe it or not, everyone has a different opinion and skill set when playing this game in regards to each mission.

Someone sounds hard to please.

Gee, thanks...If you believe I am going to make a video or text walkthrough for 70+ missions, you can keep dreaming. This is merely a reference checklist. You don't need to use it. There's no set 70 that are universally easy. Believe it or not, everyone has a different opinion and skill set when playing this game in regards to each mission.

I never asked for you to provide a list of missions that were easy, because you're right, everyone's opinion of easy is different. I'm sure there is someone out there that made videos for most of the missions that everyone agreed on to be more difficult than others, such as ones that have a required time.

I just know with TBoGT DLC in GTA IV that there were helpful hints and tips/videos on each mission on how to achieve the requirements.

I never asked for you to provide a list of missions that were easy, because you're right, everyone's opinion of easy is different. I'm sure there is someone out there that made videos for most of the missions that everyone agreed on to be more difficult than others, such as ones that have a required time.

I just know with TBoGT DLC in GTA IV that there were helpful hints and tips/videos on each mission on how to achieve the requirements.

Yeah, there weren't 100+ missions in TBoGT.

Since I am a nice guy, I am going to provide you with videos/information on how to get gold on any mission in GTA V.

1) Go to http://www.google.com

2) Enter "GTA V __________ gold" where you replace the blank with whatever mission you need help with

3) Click on any link or video for help.

TBoGT had about 10-20 missions though. I can very well be wrong, but I don't think anyone I know on YouTube has taken the time to create video guides for the missions because the requirements are kinda - actually really - self explanatory. Hell, all 44 Strangers & Freaks are easily done just by looking at the requirement.

Now just pick 26 Story Missions that have simple timed requirements and you're golden.

Maybe near the end of the month (October) if I have time, I will make a detailed walkthrough...but I don't think I will end up following through with it. It's way too much work for 70 missions when 40+ have self explanatory requirements such as "complete in 10 minutes" or "finish with 75% accuracy" or "don't get caught" etc., etc., etc.

I have some questions relating to the Heist Missions. I don't know if someone already asked this, but here it goes:

Mission 11: Carbine Rifles (Triggered by Michael)

Swift Getaway - Lose the wanted level within 2 minutes

Mission 12: The Jewel Store Job - The Load Approach (Triggered by Michael)

Quick Grab - Steal the jewelry within 50 seconds

Protégé Protected - Protect Franklin during the LS River chase

Clean Sweep - Steal the jewelry from all 20 glass cabinets

Mission 13: Jewel Store Heist - The "Smart" Approach (Triggered by Michael)

Sneaky Pest - Steal the Bugstars can without being detected

Mission 14: BZ Gas Grenades (Triggered by Michael)

Loose Cargo - Shoot open the back doors to release the cargo

Mission 15: The Jewel Store Job - Smart Approach (Triggered by Michael)

Quick Grab - Steal the jewelry within 50 seconds

Protégé Protected - Protect Franklin during the LS River chase

Clean Sweep - Steal the jewelry from all 20 glass cabinets

I did the smart approach, so I did missions 13, 14 and 15. Got gold in all the three.

I then reloaded Mission 15 and saw that you can choose your crew and the approach again, so I did the load approach. I did not get a gold medal in all requirements, and the mission is not listed in the replay missions screen, so I'm supposing that mission 12 and mission 15 only count as one mission, right?

Also, when doing the load approach i saw that the carbine rifles were not ticked in the checklist, but I can't find anyway to do that mission. Is there a way to play that mission without starting a new game?

I know it's not a big deal for the achievement, but GTA V is such a great game that I would like to do everything possible in it. :p

Any specific trick to meet the time requirement in Three's Company?

Specifically, once you are back into the chopper, are you better off trying to shoot them down with Michael or just flying around while controlling Trevor?

If flying as Trevor, is it better to just make a run toward the landing area (thus saving you time once Michael shoots the enemies down) or just stay around the FIB/IAA towers to help take down the choppers? Are there any strategies in terms of positioning the chopper to ensure Michael will kill the pursuit faster? Can Franklin help (besides killing the chopper going for him at the start)?

He has a point... the requirements are all in game, a brief tip summary after each mission would have been cool in your op, some the requirements can be a bit tricky.

He has a point... the requirements are all in game, a brief tip summary after each mission would have been cool in your op, some the requirements can be a bit tricky.

When I have a Guide to flesh out and take care of, plus playing the game and enjoying it myself, I can't really be tasked with making tedious tips and walkthroughs for self-explantory requirements. Like Creasy said, YouTube works wonders...

Besides all 44 S&F missions are so easy to Gold Medal...then that just leaves 26 Story missions - 15 which are simple to Gold Medal on the first try (Assassinations, Prologue, Hang Ten, Did Someone Say Yoga? and almost every single "set-up" heist mission)

Edited by BiggD

When I have a Guide to flesh out and take care of, plus playing the game and enjoying it myself, I can't really be tasked with making tedious tips and walkthroughs for self-explantory requirements. Like Creasy said, YouTube works wonders...

Besides all 44 S&F missions are so easy to Gold Medal...then that just leaves 26 Story missions - 15 which are simple to Gold Medal on the first try (Assassinations, Prologue, Hang Ten, Did Someone Say Yoga? and almost every single "set-up" heist mission)

But you work for the people. You aren't meant to enjoy the game. You go work those hot fields 18 hours straight, no rest, no enjoyment, and you create the ultimate guide for the people who probably won't even thank you. You have no choice, BiggD.

Edited by Creasy47

But you work for the people. You aren't meant to enjoy the game. You go work those hot fields 18 hours straight, no rest, no enjoyment, and you create the penultimate guide for the people who probably won't even thank you. You have no choice, BiggD.

It's as if you understand my struggles <3