Help with slow internet speeds with ONLY XB1

Smiles90

I hope that some of you guys can help me. I bought a new modem and router. I portforwarded all 7 ports to open up my NAT on my XB1 and I didn't do anything to my modem, or anything else with my router. The modem is a Motorola surfboard and the router is a ASUS RT- N66U. I'm supposed to get 50 Mbps from Xfinity and I get 57 on my computer via ethernet. However, I'm only getting 17 to 27 Mbps and I'm finding Netflix can't even handle going straight through a movie without buffering several times. I'm not incredibly computer savvy, so you may have to be more detailed if it is messing with the router or something.

While I am not suggesting someone won't have your answer - if you are looking for a quick response if you go here.

Official Xbox Support

And scroll down to bottom you can choose to chat with a Community Ambassador or Contact Support.

If you run with Ambassador support first this will open up a chat window and can run through query live.

I think its a network driver issue as i've got a 80mbit fibre optic connection and when im playing game online for example forza 5 it comes up with a message on screen every few seconds saying something like poor quality internet connection. Even though its not as its fine with my pc and 360.

• 3 weeks later...